“3 days of Viru Backpackers”
Review of Viru Backpackers

and 1 more site!
Viru Backpackers
Norwich, United Kingdom
“3 days of Viru Backpackers”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

When I first arrived in Viru backpackers I was greeted by a friendly receptionist called Morgan, a traveller from the U.S. She was more than helpful throughout my stay. The staff at Viru were polite and friendly and Morgan even took me out to a couple of bars on the couple of nights that I was there.
Accomodation was simple and basic, which was more than enough for me, a single bed, a bedside table and privacy. There was one shower for the 21 people staying there, but I had no trouble getting the shower to myself. The showers were lovely and hot, the beds were comfy and the room was warm.
Breakfast was included in the price and was very pleasant, cereal and toast served between 7:30 and 10:30

The backpackers was like a student flat, some sofas for socialising, a kitchen and a shower room. Personally I had no complaints about the place, it was homely, warm and peaceful. I couldn't complain as I had a very pleasant stay. The toilets were a little small, a 4ft square room, two of these rooms, but I didn't mind.

Room Tip: Ask for a single room if your traveling solo, its much nicer to have a private room.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2012

This hostel is probably the best hostel the three members of our group have ever stayed in - and we are seasoned travellers. Lovely and clean, big room (we booked a triple and one of the three beds was a large double - bonus), very helpful staff, nice breakfast provided in the mornings. Very good value and located right in the heart of the Old Town. Would heartily recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank zproud1
Yorkshire
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Me and three female friends booked a four bedded room at this hostel for a long weekend in Tallin If you get you bus ticket from the kiosk in the airport it should cost you 1 euro if you get on the bus it will cost you 1 euro 60. Very good on location the room was clean also the shared bathrooms and toilets were clean, Continental self service breakfast also pancakes if you wished is also included in the price, it also said coffee and tea all day but there was never any milk and the coffee was vile but for what we paid it was not worth complaining about.The beds were clean and comfortable, It is located on one of the main streets of Tallinn which our room over looked but this did not stop us from having a good nights sleep. On the Friday we went to Helsinki on the ferry we booked this on line before we went, we did have to get up early but the staff left out bread and butter jam so we could have some thing to eat before we went. The staff were very helpful we decided to get a taxi back to the airport which for the four of us did not cost much more than the bus which the staff ordered for us.Very good value for money .Would stay again

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Good location and a clean room with a excellent staff. Went to the Tallinn backpackers and had a very nice time with them. Tnx to Matt, Tara, Sven and all the others that was including and care for everyone in the hostel group. I WILL BE BACK...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Thunder007mx
Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Great location in old town. Shared bathrooms were clean, good showers. Tall ceilings with large windows make the rooms airy and great place to relax after exploring the city. My only complaints would be that the mattresses were were not the most comfortable and the walls were a bit thin, so noise could be a problem if others staying there are rowdy, but wasn´t a problem when I was there. But staff was great - very helpful. I´d definitely stay here again if I returned to Tallinn.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank R2282
Moscow
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Always you will get some problem to find a door for this hotel (hotel). It's just 3rd floor and 10-12 rooms. Shared WC and shower.
You can use self-service kitchen and get breakfast - bread+butter+coffee+pancakes.
There is internet.
Sometimes noisly, because all walls are papers...

There is only 1 positive moment: price for this perfect location.

Ths hotel is good for cheap weekend with 1-2-3 nights, when you need only bed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Asuncion, Paraguay
Reviewed 22 August 2011

“Extremely good location at the entrance of old town, my single room was comfortable and without noise so I was able to hace a good sleep.1 bathroom with shower is big and comfortable, the others are small but all very clean. Ask for the laundry in advance is very cheap and they do it next day. The staff change every day, I think thath they were also backpakers as me, but efficient and friendly service. Free wifi and breakfast that you prepare in a very small kitchen. Very recomemded hostel in Tallin

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo