“Fantastic views and great food”

Horisont Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #62 of 1,008 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Horisont Restaurant offers inspired dining and effortless elegance. Located on the 30th floor of Swissotel Tallinn, it is a stage where the Executive Chef and his highly trained team produce the ultimate dining experience for epicurean excellence. Our cuisine will entice you with the finest contemporary European dishes and the best of seasonal ingredients with a few intriguing twists. Horisont Bar welcomes you with the best coctails in town and Cigar Lounge. Whether seeking business or pleasure, the Cigar Room is the premier destination for anyone from the enthusiast to the casual smoker. We share your passion for fine dining on any occasion you choose to share with us. Do not miss a great taste of inspiration!
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We started with a cocktail in the bar next to the restaurant which is on the 30th floor of the Swissotel. Service was very good and the food was superb. The views over the old city and the sea were amazing, especially at sunset - very romantic! It was a little pricey but the quality justified the spend. This is one of several extremely good restaurants in Tallinn which excels in good places to eat.

STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Horisont Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for spending your time with Swissôtel Tallinn in Horisont Restaurant & Bar and for sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor!

Reaching the expectations of our guests every day is our favourite challenge and we are happy we could reach yours´ this time! It is a pleasure to hear that you chose to enjoy the romantic sunset from one of the highest places in Tallinn and enjoyed our cocktails and cuisine next to it. Your compliments about the menu and the level of service are highly appreciated and thank you for also naming us an extremely good restaurant! I am delighted to hear Horisont Restaurant team got to serve you well!

My team and I would be happy to welcome you back here in the nearest future to create new and excellent memories once again!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I am only just getting around to writing this review and yet I visited in March 2011. It would not let me select that date below so says 2014 instead. I can't imagine that anything has changed since my visit and I hope not too. Sat at the top of the Swissotel in Tallinn this restaurant has a panoramic view of the Old town and the harbour looking out towards the Gulf of Finland. (It was frozen solid when I was there) As a guest of the hotel, the wonderful concierge arranged a reservation for me and having travelled alone, they really looked after me. The service and food was amazing in this restaurant, even between courses the chef arranged to have little tasters sent over to me and they were amazing, some of the breads in particular were fantastic with incredible tastes. I had a fillet of beef main and it was cooked to perfection exactly as I had asked. The sorbet that I had for desert was and still is the best lemon sorbet I have ever tasted. I don't imagine that will ever be beaten. I had a table facing the windows and had a fabulous view over Tallinn which I was able to savour along with the excellent food and and some lovely chill out music to complement the night time occasion. Price wise this was excellent coming in at around 40 euros, however this was 2011 so any readers please bear that in mind. This restaurant is well worth a visit even if you are not a guest at the hotel, although it can make sense to book on weekends as it is popular with the locals. For anyone looking for a city break Tallinn itself is unmissable, the gorgeous old town is UNESCO world heritage site and for good reason too, but a word of warning; it was brutally cold when I visited in March and don't underestimate those bitter winds off the frozen Baltic. Highly recommend the hotel too incidentally.

1  Thank Andrew B

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn and sharing your memories of your stay with us in the capital of Estonia!

It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed staying with us in Swissôtel Tallinn and that the service and food followed your expectations. Thank you also for the kind words about our top floor Horisont Restaurant. Being the tallest commercial building in Tallinn, the view from up here is indeed spectacular! I am hereby happy to let you know that we recently welcomed a new Executive Chef to the hotel. He has some great ideas and tricks in his sleeve, which I hope you´ll have a chance to experience during your next time here.

It is great to see that our Concierge got to assist you and that you were well taken care of during your stay. I am thankful to my team for their dedication and friendly professionalism that helps our guests feel comfortable and welcomed during their stay with us.

We appreciate you recommending Swissôtel Tallinn to other travelers and for sharing tips for the cold winter season. Hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you in a different scenario already this year- summer is almost here and this is the time for Tallinn to bloom. I do hope you have a chance to visit us then and it would be a pleasure for us to refresh your memories of a stay you once had!

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

One of the best dining experiences is my life! Very impressive views, ambience, and above all the food and service is really an experience. Gotta experience this bliss!
What a wow factor!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Horisont Restaurant & Bar in Swissôtel Tallinn and for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor!

My team and I appreciate your feedback about our service and food quality being perfect and also feel honored to have had the opportunity to make your visit in Horisont Restaurant enjoyable and memorable. I must agree with you about the views also; having been in Horisont Restaurant & Bar countless times throughout the years, I still feel amazed and impressed every time I stop by. It is truly one of a kind view in Tallinn.

As a new Executive Chef has recently joined our team, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in Horisont Restaurant & Bar so that you may try us out once again with an added special touch from his side!

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Amazing foods,service and view.I had the tuna with avocado tartar and turbot.My husband had onion tart and beef.The wines recommended by Juri were just perfect.this was a great end to our stay in Tallinn.Next time we are in Tallinn we will surely visit again

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting Horisont Restaurant and Bar in Swissôtel Tallinn and for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. We wish you a happy belated anniversary!

I am pleased to hear that the view, food and service up here in Horisont Restaurant & Bar met your expectations and that you got to enjoy this special occasion while staying with us. Your compliments are highly appreciated and I thank you on behalf of the entire team. Our Sommelier Jüri is a true talent with great knowledge about winery and I will certainly pass on your kind words to him.

Hopefully you decide to visit us again soon and that celebrating anniversaries here with our Horisont family becomes a tradition as well!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had been to this restaurant number of times and its never disappoints! Although the prices are a little bit higher, but the food is really good (and I am talking about Michelin quality here) and the service is just excellent. And yes, the view of night Tallinn is mesmerising! Can't recommend this place enough!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting Horisont Restaurant and Bar in Swissôtel Tallinn and for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor!

We are delighted to hear our restaurant followed your needs and we are grateful for the compliments towards our service- it is truly a grand compliment to hear about us providing service up to the standards of our guests. We are pleased to hear that the views from up here have impressed you and are honored that you took to describe us as a Michelin star worthy restaurant.

As you have visited our Horisont Restaurant and Bar in Swissôtel Tallinn already several times, we are thankful for your loyalty and we hope that during your next visit, your expectations can be exceeded one more time.