“Really nice stay in Tallinn”

Park Inn by Radisson Meriton Conference & Spa Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #36 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was my 2nd "ladies night out" in Tallinn, where we were in this hotel.
I like the hotel, it's comfortable and sleep quality is ok (beds are a bit too much on the soft side maybe), and they have possibility to combine 2 rooms, so 4 people can be almost in same room. Breakfast is ok, not great but will do. I really like the spa section, pools and saunas, especially seasalt sauna and steam sauna. Service is friendly. Beauty salon was not such a hit, full body massage was quite average and depilation services burned my face.. but overall, I like the hotel, it's a bit to the side from city center, and there is a steep hill between. If you are using car or taxi, it's no problem for anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tuia

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Well, I was here in March 2014 for a conference taking place in the hotel. Accomodation and meals were all arranged in the hotel.
Location is great. Everything is within walking distance. In 5 min time you can be in Toompea hill and enjoy the view of the city.
My room was in the 5th floor. It was quite small for two persons but for me alone, it was really good. It included both table and desk, flat TV, water boiler and coffee supplies, mini bar, lots of space for luggage and clothes. There was a constant pleasant temperature, no smells, no noise, good matress and linen, and it was newly furnished. The bathroom was big and new but there were no amenities. Just a soap dispenser with a hand soap and a body soap. Towels would be happily renewed.
Breakfast was inadequate. Typical variety but not of good quality. One type of coffee and not a good one. Nothing gave the impression of freshly made or cut and it was difficult to find a tasteful combination to keep me happy and not hungry.
It was worse with the conference-organized meals. I don't know if it is the esthonian cuisine or the quality of these specific meals but I didn;t see any of my colleagues happy with the meals! However, the hotel accomodates a lot of different types of restaurants (russian, cuban, asian) which I didn't have the chance to try.
Staff impressed me in both directions. Reception desk was rather rude but the conference centre staff were extremely helpful.
The hotel hosted a lot of events at the time I was there, so the lobby and breakfast room were very busy and a bit noisy.
Overall experience, as breakfast is very important for me both in work trips or vacations ones, I would rather prefer to stay elsewhere. If not for the breakfast, it could be a descent choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Cons; My only major complaint about the hotel was the room itself. Thankfully, I was either walking around old town or in meetings for most of my time in Tallinn, so the room was not so important. But if you plan on spending a lot of time in your room, you can probably do better somewhere else. The bed was not very comfortable, and the bathroom was pretty minimal (although it did have a very large tub). The television was incredibly small. In my long skinny room, I couldn't really see what was on the TV if I was in bed. So, overall the room wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either.

Pros:
Location - I thought the location of the hotel was great. Right on the outskirts of old town and at the base of Toompea hill, walking to any of Tallinn's major sites is feasible. I loved having the ability to easily walk around town and visit some of the sites in between my meetings.
Breakfast - For a free hotel breakfast, I though the selection was very nice. Your usual selection of breads and fruits were available, but there were also nice hot food options like eggs, sausage, and meatballs. Everything tasted good to me!
Wifi: I know that many people have written mixed reviews about the wifi in this hotel, but it worked great in my room. Actually, it was some of the fastest wifi I have ever found in a hotel. The best part, there is no charge for wifi! It's quick and easy to get connected, and that's what I like.

If the room had been better, I would think this hotel would have been hard to beat in Tallinn.

Room Tip: When purchasing the room on booking.com, I had the option of a "classic" room or a "s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The hotel is called SPA hotel- I would assume that that means the hotel has made it easy and pleasant for the quests to visit the spa as well. That was not the case.
There are no bathrobes and no extra towels. You have to go down in your clothes and have the same towel from your room (but then you have nothing to dry off to after a shower) of pay 3 Euros extra for a towel. Absurd actually. After a nice sauna and bath you have to put on your clothes again and walk up to your room- unless you have your own bathrobe!
The hotel itself was nice, the room (suite) was nice, but a bit too cold (the AC did not work correctly). The biggest plus for this hotel is the location. Everything is walking distance which is very nice.
The breakfast was very moderate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I love this hotel, I'm staying here since 2008. But I like the old part of the hotel in the winter as in the new all glass, cold and not heated bathroom floor. The hotel itself is conveniently located to the old town and close to the airport. very good and tasty breakfasts.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 381sergey_381
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hotel was fine with a little bit of luxury. Room was a standard hotel room. Bathrobe should have been free.

Water was way too cold except in one bath. Breakfast was poor and too crouded.

Overall I liked staying in hotel and personnel was ok.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed 1 night to celebrate friend's 50-y birthday. The spa itself was nice, great treatments and not bad nor spotless. The front desk service was good and upon check-out, they took care of the groundless parking ticket I got from the hotels parking hall. The rooms were clean, nothing to complain about. Location on the wrong side of the Old Town, OMHO.
However, if you do have complaints, don't expect a reply from the hotel management. I was slightly overcharged for the spa treatments that I had charged to my room bill. A system mistake perhaps as the spa reception acknowledged my discount voucher which then was not reflected in the room bill. Talking about 15€ here, not a major amount, and partly my mistake for not spotting it upon a hurried check-out. Nevermind, sent an email afterwards to the hotel management, copying the spa - they seemed civilized enough anyway to rectify the error. No answer. Resend - another no answer. Resend #2, no answer #3. Drew my conclusion, accepted the loss. What the heck, with so many hotels and spas to choose from; am happy to carry my € elsewhere. Recommend Nordic Hotel Forum - two visits, no hassle and great location.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hoomoilanen
Travellers also viewed these Tallinn hotels
Tallink Spa & Conference Hotel
Swissotel Tallinn
Swissotel Tallinn
#4 of 86 in Tallinn
von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Meriton Conference & Spa Hotel Tallinn? Share your experiences!