“Very busy hotel but they are trying hard!”

Park Inn by Radisson Meriton Conference & Spa Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #38 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed at hotel with a group for two nights and had no complaints. In spite of the fact that many buses and groups pass through the hotel each day in August, they seemed to be well organized, the food was very good (breakfast and dinner) and the staff tried very hard to accommodate the guests.

Room Tip: The rooms seem to be well insulated, our group had 18 rooms without any sign of dissatisfaction.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJS514
Write a ReviewReviews (1,392)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights and enjoyed the place. My kids where very excited with the pool, even though our tour did not include we paid a lot for them to use it, but seeing their happy faces covered it all. The food in the hotel is great from breakfast to dinner. The staff seems very busy, but help you after they are done with what they are doing. The rooms are very clean. The hotel is very close to the train station and downtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We (two adults and four kids) stayed at the hotel for two nights. Customer service at the reception desk was poor. Very cold with no smiles. It felt like we were unwanted. I noticed the staff was Russian. Well, no sign of the "famous" Russian hospitality there. We had booked two rooms. Both rooms were very old and facing a very busy road which ment I had two use ear plugs to get to sleep because the sound proofing of the windows was very poor. The other room had some sort of water damage in the ceiling and the overall smell was like a moldy old wine cellar. The mattress of the extra bed was soaked in some greenish liquid so we had to call the reception for a replacement. The faucet at the bathroom was broken an the sink was clogged. The tv-channels worked randomly. The overall state of the rooms was very worn-out.
Breakfast was below average. If you arrived an hour before closing there was allready a shortage of everything. I was beginning my morning in a queue waiting for cutlery to be washed. The scrambled eggs were like a rubbery round plate and the vegetables were cut the day before. You had to clean your own table to fit in. Check out experience. Well, only one question "Did you use the minibar". That's it. It felt like they knew we had the worst rooms in Tallin and were affraid to ask if everything went ok. The only thing that was up to standard was the spa, swimming pools and saunas, but because of the bad overall experience we won't be staying at this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Don't choose the "old side".
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sakari H
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First of all I would like to explain the title of this review: I would like to change my reservation because of private reasons and I asked in reception about it. A lady told me there will be no problem and I said I will confirm this change in about 30 minutes. When I came to confirm I met an other person (manager of the reception desk) who told me I cannot to make changes by them because I booked hotel by an booking service. When I said the other employee told me can do this in hotel/by reception desk, this manager lady started to be quite offensive... Finally I made my changes by calling from Estonia to UK, and they hold me on the line because they must to confirm changes in... Tallinn...
I could say it is how the hotel is treating their guests and same time charging not a low price for an old fashioned room with strange smell inside and not good looked bathroom.
In an addition to this a fridge did not work and all drinks were warm. They left in this fridge some drinks for which you need to use an opener but they forgot to provide an opener in to the room.
No cosmetics in bathroom. The bedding not in a good quality known from other parts of Europe.
They have an underground parking (quite expensive) but they are not giving a tip you could park your car next door for less price. You have to find it by yourself.
In total: this is not a **** hotel.
What was good? The location is very close to the old city.

Room Tip: I have heard that you need to have a room in to the new part of this hotel to feel a little better t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank woytek14
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed in the hotel for three nights. Location is nice. It's just a short walk to the city center (of course Tallinn isn't that big anyway). Rooms were nice. We had two connected rooms. They're modern and clean.

It's a hotel that is used a lot by tour groups as we found out when we arrived (we weren't in a group). That makes the hotel very busy. Especially at breakfast time there is a big crowd. The hotel tries to solve this by putting the same buffet three times but still is a lot of people in one breakfast room. We went for breakfast at three different times and only if you very early you don't have trouble finding a table that's free AND clean.

The facilities are good. You have some different restaurants (asian, Cuban and Russian). we tried the Russian and it was very nice.
The pool area is a big plus. It's a nice indoor pool with a kids area, a fish spa, two jacuzzi's and some sauna's. Only down side: no private dressing room and the steam sauna is seperate for women and men (because it's one we're you should be naked). But I travelled with my husband and two buys and we actually like to go in the steam sauna but sitting there alone isn't much fun for me.
The salt and aroma sauna are mixed (but aren't that good, I found. Temperature was too low for my liking).

Meriton has two other hotels in the city center. Those are located even better but we wanted connecting rooms and a swimming pool so chose for this one.

All in all, not a bad choice when you stay in Tallinn.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GKCH
Reviewed 3 August 2014

A very good, clean hotel close to Tallinn Old Town. Probably one of the best gym / pool facilities I have seen in the hotel. Rivals most commercial gyms and excellent for keeping up fitness while away. The cafe downstairs serves reasonably priced selection of sandwiches, salads and soups. Cubana Bar is good and does an excellent burger. The rooms are quite small but very comfortable, with good quality linen, towels, bar fridge and a good selection of cable TV channels. One of the better bargains in Tallinn.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our first impression was good, as the desk staff was very pleasant and spoke perfect English. Problem one was encountered when we exited the elevator to filthy carpets. Our rooms size was adequate. The bathroom was very small, although it did have a tub. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were very thin and flat. A/C was good. There was no view, as we overlooked a parking lot (Rm. 6077). Toiletries were non-existent, except for wall-mounted soap dispensers over the sink and in the shower. Water pressure was good and there was plenty of hot water. The towels were small and thin. If you want to go to the spa or pool, you have to take towels from your room or pay. Housekeeping will bring additional small towels if you call. They speak very limited English. The spa has a sauna, a salt sauna, two shallow pools, one with jets, and two hot tubs with water of varying temperatures. The breakfast buffet is sparse, with no fresh fruit, powdered scrambled eggs and limited selections. Location is decent, as you can walk to the Old Town in 10 minutes, turning left and going straight to Freedom Square. We paid 7.5 Euro for a cab from the airport and 6 Euro to the seaplane museum. WiDi was free, but did not work for two of the four days we were there.

Room Tip: We were in 6077, which was far from the elevator and quiet, but had no view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Tallinn hotels
Tallink Spa & Conference Hotel
Hilton Tallinn Park
#1 of 86 in Tallinn
0 mi away
von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Meriton Conference & Spa Hotel Tallinn? Share your experiences!