“Awful food and unimaginably rude service”
Review of Drink Bar & Grill

Drink Bar & Grill
Ranked #254 of 1,014 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pub in Tallinn old town.
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We went there to have beer and dinner(business). After ordering beer and moving to the table, bar tender brought the beers to the table and said "Next time you should pick up your beers yourself".
This was the firs rude act.
After looking the menu, i decided to have a steak. When i started to cut the steak, i was in trouble. Even that the knife was like saw, sharp-i wasn't able to cut a pice. Finally sawing through the stake, getting first bite, i started to chew, and chew. After chewing at least 3 minutes the first bite, i swallowed the rubbery chunk. Just AWFUL.
I decided to send the food back. Went to the counter, two girls (waitresses) were talking to each other and didn't bother to see me. I said that the meat is impossible to eat. And guess what the waitress told me??? "GET YOURSELF SHARPER TEETH"
Seriously, you will say that to customer? I wasn't rude or anything, it was first time ever to send a food back for me.
After a while they brought my plate back with another stake added. The other pice was just more burned. What kind of cook thinks that he/she can get a meat nice and tender by burning it black? I was by then really hungry and gave it a chance. Also starting to chew and chew and the same thing. When i tried to swallow, this chewy pice get stuck on my throat and i started to suffocate. I put my fingers to the throat and pulled the stuff out.
After this experience i leaved the meat alone and ate the fries. Most expensive fries ever.
I didn't want to get insulted once more by the staff so i did not complain any more.
When waitress cleaned the table she didn't even bother to ask what was wrong with the food, plate was full of almost untouched stake.
This place might serve a good selection of beers but this kind of awful service and food, will never visit it again. And i will do a publicity-a bad kind. That kind of dinner experience will be remembered.

6  Thank Simo V

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Me and my boyfriend visited this place on Saturday. The place is normal English pub with old furniture, that makes it quite cozy. Nothing more good I can say. Advise to staff if you do not have several types of beers, change the menu!!! It took my boyfriend four time guessing to get a pint of beer :) it was funny at first, but when it happened with the second pint it became annoying... We asked for chicken wings, the bar ran out of them. Man, it is an early Saturday night!!! OK, we took Estonian style bread, which was OK. Fish and chips place? Who evaluated you? Fish was good, tasty, everything else almost uneatable. Chips awful, saggy, fried really poorly, tartar sauce with big chunks of pickles (the original recipe does not require it…)... Disappointment...

1  Thank Jordule
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Dont know whyvse didnt bother to tell us. Till we aksed she was making beers and busy with other customers. Cant judge the food.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I asked where I could find a decent beer bar and I found it! (Although it is hard to find; Old Town is practically a maze).

Very very strait up English style beer bar. The tap selection is on a chalk board, and always in flux. The food's great too. The place reminds me a lot of Blind Tiger in NYC, if cozier and more 'proper'.

If you're looking for variety and quality in your beer, you have to stop here.

1  Thank kharaku
Reviewed 12 May 2013

this is a small bar which seems always to be full. Location somewhere in the middle of old town, so you'll just have to know your way. Good selection of beers.

1  Thank Mari6