“Gone down hill.”

Ranked #244 of 942 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub in Tallinn old town.
Harpenden, United Kingdom
“Gone down hill.”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I used to visit this place regularly when I visited Tallinn, but the last two times I've taken clients there, I've left feeling embarrassed at the overall service. The girls behind are no longer so friendly as they used to be, and food has gone from continental European to the same slime I can find at any other below average bars in Tallinn (of which there are allot).

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank david_harpenden1979

• Finnish first
Tallinn, Estonia
“great english food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

- tasty food;
- huge choice of beers and ciders;
- pleasant atmosphere;
- nice place for hanging out

Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good fun place. Nice variety of beers and alcoholic cider.”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We went with a group of 9 people. People were very happy with the variety of beers. We had some people we were very fussy about the quality of beer and they were happy. I like alcoholic ciders and they had a good selection of those as well. The bar food was fine. Most popular among our crowd was the fried fish pieces, cheese balls and spicy chicken wings. The only negative is don't get the ceasar salad with chicken. The name is misrepresenting the salad. It is a salad with iceberg lettuce (not romaine) and with mayonase (not ceasar dressing). I was impressed with the lady behind the bar. She seemed to be handling the bar and serving the food all on her own. If I were in Tallinn I would definitely go back again for a drink and snack foods.

• Visited December 2013
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice and cosy”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We spent a week in Tallinn and after our first visit we found ourselves returning here 3 of our 7 nights. We didn't eat here so I can't comment on the food, but as a place to go for a drink we really enjoyed it. I've read some reviews on Tripadvisor about the standard of service and the first thing I'll say is that on the menu it says order from the bar so people sitting down and waiting for service are going to be disappointed but once you know that its a nice place for a drink with a very relaxing atmosphere. We found the staff friendly and not overly in your face which was a bit of a relief compared to some places in Tallinn. You won't be waited on hand and foot but if you just want a quiet pint, we sat at the bar every evening and no one bothered us til we asked for something. It suited us to be left alone but maybe it wouldn't suit everyone, but I wouldn't insult a place because you can't read the basic instructions on a menu. All in all a lovely place for a pint and a very central location. Hope that helps.

• Visited September 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Good beer in Tallinn”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A short jaunt from the eastern gate into Tallinn lies this little bar, inside a little building. A very cozy place in deed, with a bottle shop next door. They import beers from all over, and some of them you can enjoy in the bar.

"But, I can enjoy beers in a lot of places, so what is special about this place?" you ask? Well, there's craft beers here, as well as local ones, and that's quite important when you're a beer hound like me. I can't stand industrially produced lager for the masses, and that's a type of beer which nearly entirely rules the roost here in Estonia. Well, not so here.

In addition to a good selection of beers, this place is really cozy, with comfortable chairs, a nice decor, and good youthful, eclectic vibe.

So my recommendation is thus, "come on down!"

• Visited August 2013