“Nice view and that's about it”
Review of Komeet

Komeet
Ranked #18 of 29 Dessert in Tallinn
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice view and that's about it”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I went to Komeet for lunch and I was really disappointed by the food. I ordered the linguini with Venus Shell (vongole) baby tomatoes and garlic; What I was served was something put together pretty poorly; First of all, I was given spaghetti instead of linguini and they were overcooked.
Then basically just a lot of vongole but no sauce to bind the dish together.
My friend ordered lamb, because they ran out of chicken (at lunch? and the place was empty and no warning from waiting staff when handing over the menu)
The lamb looked overcooked and dry.

Cakes looked nice but pricey as well (for Tallinn standard)

Overall not a great experience.

• Visited May 2014

• Finnish first
Brisbane, Australia
“Heaven for sweet toothed people.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I may be a little bias with this review because my husband and I both fully appreciate the sweet things in life - but this cafe was possibly the best place we ate while we were in Tallinn.

We came for morning tea (10am) on a weekday and got the pick of the whole cafe for where to sit. Naturally we chose the delightful table for two next to the window that shows a sweeping view of the city. Very good view. Nicely decorated. Helpful, happy staff. Beautiful bathroom.

I gazed at the selection of amazing cakes for about 10 mins (it's extremely hard to chose!) and the waitress was kind enough to go through them all with me to help me decide. We ended up picking a yummy chocolate cookie type one and the 'Geisha cake' (one I thoroughly recommend!) which had layers of chewy chocolate pavlova/meringue with cream inbetween and strawberries on top. They looked as good as they tasted (yes, I took photos) and were very reasonably priced. We also had a coffee each.

The location isn't just great for if you're going to the ballet - the Solaris center is only a short walk from the main gate to the old town too, so it's close enough to stop in for a coffee and cake break or for lunch when you're exploring that beautiful part of the city. (Just don't come before 10am because we arrived then just as they were opening)

Happy cake eating! :-)

• Visited March 2014
Helsinki, Finland
“Lovely cakes with a view”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Cakes here are really yummy! They have a good selection of cakes at a very reasonable price. The cafe is located at the top of one of the shopping centers so you have a nice view from the full wall windows. Enjoy a cake and a coffee here!

Visited March 2014
Rome, Italy
“Relaxing break”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I was there with my family to drink coffee.. Great atmosphere.. But always full. Service was fast and pleasant. Out sweets with coffee were so so fabulous.. My blackberry cheesecake was tasty, so fresh and not fat at all. Also my family were all pleased with their cakes. Great view and clean toilet! You must visit this place!!

• Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Nice breakfast with a view”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

In Tallinn for a few days, came here for breakfast one morning. The breads (free flow self service) and cream cheese are amazingly good. We both had the omelette filled with potato, mushrooms, beacon with ricotta cheese on the side, it was really good and huge portion. We were both so stuffed with the breads that we cannot finish our omelette! Coffees were also good here.