Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel CRU(Tallinn)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townsteep stairsfirst floorfantastic locationsingle roomnice hotelrooms are smallfree wifitown squarenoise from the streetold housecentral locationtop floorheartatticsofaeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This hotel was very nice in a great location, walking distance to Tallinn center. We had a large room on the top floor. The first night, our window was facing out on the same side as a bar and a hostel. There was a lot of noise and eventually a fight broke out around 2 am. The next morning I asked to be moved because I would not be able to stand another night like that! I was moved to another room facing the common garden area which was much better! The breakfast was fantastic with a lot of selection and everything was fresh and delicious. The only complaint I have is that we were originally put on the 5th floor and there is NO elevator! If you have difficulties with walking stairs, I would definetly ask to be put in a room that does not require as many steps. Otherwise, I recommend this hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The room für 2 persons had 6 qm, including the bathroom. I have never seen such a small room before, except in sleeping-cabines of trains. You had to climb up to the upper bed like a child, this is not possible für elder people, and there was no place für the luggage. There was also no possibility to get another room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank defbarbaraj747
MihailBurohh, General Manager at Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about our hotel. We really do appreciate your stay with us and therefore i wanted to clarify a few points regarding your comment. From reading it, i have no doubt that you stayed in our "Economy Room" which as you mentioned is quite small and a room we consider ideal for travellers who require the basic overnight in an ideal location in the old town. However, in all booking agencies we clearly describe the economy room, the fact it has a bunk bed (one bed on top of another) and we also have a picture of the room so that there would be no misunderstandings like it seems has happened here. Due to the small size of the room, these rooms are also sold for a very very reasonable rate (including breakfast)

I apologize if you may not have seen the description or picture of the room before booking and i strongly encourage you on your next stay to Tallinn to try our spacious standard or Bella Garden rooms.

Kindest regards and hope to welcome you in Tallinn again in the near future
Mihail Burõhh

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Booked an economy room for 2 persons. Location is excellent, facilities are good (spa is available in meriton branch just outside the old city, quality breakfast), room was extremely cramped: 1 bunk bed, impossible to unpack our luggage, no closet and very tiny ensuite. Fire alarm went off during breakfast - quite disturbing, but staff seemed indifferent and didn't apologise. Would maybe consider going there on my next trip to the Baltics, but will never stay in the economy rooms again

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2011

While traveling through Northern Europe, I was pleasantly shocked by the wonderful town of Tallinn, Estonia. During my stay, I stayed at the lovely and centrally located Hotel "Meriton Old Town Garden" It was directly in the center of the city and the services and accommodations were far above and beyond the call of duty.

Located at the cross of two of the mains streets in the center, it was a 0 minute walk to everything I would have or wanted to see. The staff were very helpful and the room was clean and charming. My room was located above the courtyard where there was always the smell of fresh coffee wafting into my window in the morning while at the same time, noise was non existent.

In addition to the reasonable rates, they offer services, such as sauna and spa in their sister hotel which is also close by but is much larger and less personal.

I had such a nice time and felt so safe and comfortable that I am already planning to return to this jewell like city, at which time, I hope that a room in this wonderful hotel will be available for my stay.

Thank you, Estonia, Tallinn and Meriton hotels for this most fantastic experience.

Room Tip: Simply ask.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Frembot
MihailBurohh, General Manager at Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment about our hotel. I am extremely pleased to read such great reviews as it confirms that all the changes we have made this year to make the guest feel more "at home" have been noticed by you, our travellers.
We will continue to strive for excellent service and are proud to be a family owned property which allows to be a bir more than a typical chain hotel.

If you would like to come back to our hotel, feel free to write me on michael@meritonhotels.com and ill make sure you get the same room and would love to meet you on your next visit.

best regards
Mihail Burõhh

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Great location, right in the centre of the old town, above a great little cafe & cake shop. The shape & size of the hotel is weird & quirky. Takes a while to get your bearings. There is a lift but it only goes to floor 3. The stairs are quite steep at times. The reception area is quite small but does the job. The breakfast was fine, enough for anyone. Staff were a bit miserable though. Prices in the coffee shop were reasonable. The room was fine, the WC & shower were ok & clean although there was a weird aroma all the time. There are no toiletries provided. The only issue with the room was the beds. They were 2 singles pushed together. The mattresses had a poor mattress topper on. The sheets didn't fit properly so in a morning you tended to find the sheets have come off the mattress in the night. Also, there was only 1 pillow provided which wasn't the best. The tea & coffee facilities were ok although there was only 2 teabags and no milk provided! The TV had a selection of channels. This hotel was brill for location, and apart from the beds, the room was brill too. It overlooked the cobbled street so you could sit in the window seat and watch the world go by! Would recommend and stay again!!

• Stayed: August 2011