Munga Kelder
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

We had a nice dinner with 20 people. Everyones food was great, some though complained a little of food being not spicy and flavour.. the servants spoke good english and were very patient with us drunken guests :D

Only downside was the can of water, 6 euros! They explained that it wasn't tap water, but still..

Reviewed 7 November 2012

We were a group of 7 persons and we had a late lunch on Saturday afternoon.
We were all satisfied with our choices for main dish, but the cheese cake was a little of disapointment, we expected more. I had pork with bacon, some took fish and some took meat or chicken. Most of the dishes have paprika (bell pepper) so if you don´t like that, there is not plenty to choose from. Typical cellar restaurant in Old Town area.

1  Thank vivian L
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This is actually a very late post. I was browsing at pics and I suddenly remembered this is the first restaurant we found in Tallinn. It was actually not im my list of restaurants but we arrived a bit late and were so starved. We were pleasantly surprised with the fast service and it was very affordable and yet delicious. Had salmon.. Servings are quite filling too. Its the typical cellar restaurants you find in tallinn. It was 10 pm the day after Christmas and I felt that only a few restaurant near the Old Town is open and I was glad this restaurant is open.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

This is a nice medieval themed restaurant in the cellar of a building. I found the food to be quite filling. Even though I was initially concerned that the main course of salmon in a pot wouldn't be enough to satiate my appetite, there was more inside than I thought and it turned out to be more than enough.

As far as the price went, it seemed to be relatively comparable to other similar places I had seen.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I cannot praise the smoked cheese soup enought! Defenately delicious. I would go back for only that and the rest of the food was as good.
Service typical Estonian/Russian. We had a young waitress who had her first working day at the restaurant so everything was understandable. She was cheerful and nice but could not suggest anything from the menu.