“Great Place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Dancing Eesti

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Dancing Eesti
Ranked #79 of 108 Speciality Lodging in Tallinn
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I loved my stay at 'The Dancing Eesti'. The location is absolutely perfect, right in the middle of the Old Town and near to everything in Tallinn. The staff were really friendly and welcoming and went out of their way to make sure I had a great stay. There's also a very cool bar attached downstairs which is always a bonus. This is a place any backpacker would enjoy and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Tallinn is a magnificent medieval city full of culture and life. Most of the action is within the old city and the Dancing Eesti is just in the middle of it all. In the hostal you can find cool young people, clean place, good cheap bar within the hostel and the staff is extraordinary. They helped me plan the best places to visit in town in a short stay and recommended me amazing local pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

This hostel is different, it was low season and only 1 day had more than 10 people but the group running the hostel were great, their friends visiting them fun and the amazing bar they have is used by musicians to rehearse during the week so you can get a free show. Other guests were pretty social and the atmosphere was very friendly like a big family. An independent hostel doing its own thing in its own way is refreshingly awesome. I really liked the location of this hostel, it's very close to all the sightseeings and there were very cheap places to eat elk soup and dumplings just around the corners. I wouldn't have noticed those places by myself but stuff gave me some very good tips about where to go and what to do. They were really interested in how my trip has been etc and it's very nice to meet people who make you feel so cozy when you've been away from home for a longer time. They had also a great january promotion for trip advisor. Last but not least.. I have to say I really enjoyed sleeping on those comfy mattresses which they have there.. and I really liked that the rooms were so warm because the weather was "pretty" cold. Next time I visit Tallinn I'll go definitely back there.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

The moment that we arrived the staff made us feel very welcome. They even had made our beds, which we didnt see in any other hostels around the baltics. This hostel has so much to offer, this is not one of the hostels whee they give you your sheets and next time you meet again in the check out. This is the hostel where staff continually every single day makes sure you and your friends are having fun and they help so much and we are really thankful cause we had ne of the best days of our lives. BESIDES WE WERE THERE WHEN IT WAS LIVE BANDS PLAYING IN THE HOSTEL BAR !!!! what else would you want ? I Loved this hostel so much, that made already a booking for my birthday trip in August, we will be back guys !
Their website were of poor standard and the hostel itself really looked nothing like them. You can see how the hostel has improved a lot when you view the pics they have on their website but it is not smart by them to leave such old awful pics online. Also they should change the picture of the pool table since it s not n use anymore.
Hostel should have an age limit on its guests as most guests were student types playing drinking games but some were old and complained that we were loud. To be fair though a few were pretty funny and had interesting travel stories.
Our other major problem is harder to solve and not the hostels fault
Problem also with our stuff in the kitchen and maybe the hostel should have food lockers as some spanish guests who arrived late at night took our food. They did not even apologise to us and only showed respect when staff were called to intervene. The reason they gave for stealing was that in Spain people share stuff so we asked ok what will you share with us and then they pretended they could not understand and said it is a cheap hostel so we can take, why you care. This summed up the sort of people they were. It was the second bad spanish group we encountered the other group showed less respect by never cleaning up after themselves and using hair dryers at 3 am in our dorm room, we had to get staff again when they started smoking and yelling at each other in their beds. When staff smelt the smoke they were all thrown out for smoking indoors which was a relief. This was the only problem and I felt sorry for the poor girl at reception who had to clean up after them like their mother, the amount of disrespect they showed to the rest of the hostel and the dirtyness they left in the showers and in all the common areas was terrible. One girl in the group complained about how dirty her room was, ironiclly she had put a dirty paw print on my white towel whilst complaining. Even more ironic was that the mess in our room was from her friends, one of which was sleeping in the same clothes for the 5 days and smelt like onions. Why do these people even travel. It is suprising they are capable of boarding a plane on their own or without their mothers. So we travelled all around the baltics and had similar encouters with these sorts of guests, its is just sad that they behave like that.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

Am a regular there. The hostel bar has live music (at least every month) and good one as well, that is all I neeeeeed! ok ok it does have beds and kitchen and toilets and hot shower facilities too, but seriously, I had such a good time chilling with people there in the heart of the Old Town, that I wouldn't have minded all camping the night down in the bar on roll-out mattresses. It stll would've rocked. So for this cheap price getting free entertainment plus a proper bed, I would say excellent value! Also, cool old building, I like the windows and attmosphere. Cheers to the staff!:)

Room Tip: suitable for young people or at least chilled out and young-minded
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Tallinn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

I really liked the hostel because it is full of young people and I had great time during new years. The hostel has a bar, which is a great bonus, because the drinks are cheaper than in other places and really good location. Staff is excellent and really fun, they make you feel like at home. Met other great people there and I am definately coming back. Also I like that hostel is full of young people that want to have fun and the common room, kitchen and bar are great places to do that. so if you want to meet new people and have fun like I did, then this is the hostel to go.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Catania, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed in The Dancing Eesti for 5 days with friends and it was just awesome!
Wouldn't guess that it really is possible to find such a cheap and cool hostel in the heart of the Tallin oldtown. For us it was perfect that it wasn't that busy during the week so we had a chance to relax and sleep after discovering Tallin and it came alive in the weekend. True party hostel!
Probably the perfect balance between peacefulness and party was also because of low season so I can imagine that it will be more fun and crazy during the busy time. We were also lucky to be one of the first ones to use brand new showers and lockers.
So thank you for the awesome time, great advice and good memories! One day we will visit you again fo sure!

Marco