“Lovely Cocktails”

Butterfly Lounge
Ranked #176 of 955 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Butterfly Lounge, the biggest cocktail bar of Estonia, is established by Heinar Õispuu and Kristo Tomingas - the highest rated bartenders of Estonia.They are also mixing drinks behind the bar of Butterfly Lounge themselves. The cocktail menu offers cocktails that have won them over 50 trophies (including Estonian Champion 2015, Allworld Open Cup winner in 2013 in Hong Kong, Golden Cup 2013 Champion, Golden Cup 2011 Champion in Taiwan and many more). In addition to the marvelous cocktails, a wide-ranging menu of delicious meals is also provided from the opening hours until late in the evening. Butterfly Lounge is mainly for people who value friendly and personal service, delicious meals, cocktails and quality entertainment by different local top DJ-s, instrumentalists, vocalists and dancers.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely Cocktails”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Went there for cocktails for my birthday with few friends. I booked before hand and pre- ordered and paid for some food and 1st round of large drinks a day before. Price is pretty average, a bit pricy but their cocktails are worth the money. Fantastic choice of cocktails, I cannot ever remember seeing anywhere else such a great choice. Service was good and pretty quick, waiter very pleasant. On the negative side, I actually traveled to Estonia for my birthday and decided to have a small get together on my actual birthday in Butterfly Lounge with my closest friends (picked this one out all the other possibilities in Tallinn) and staff did not make any fuss at all nor did they acknowledge that it was my birthday. Birthday girls always like a bit of fuss, even a simple happy birthday or acknowledgement would have been great, for 4 of us, we did spend quite a bit of money. For that reason I would not go back for an occasion, maybe just for a cocktail or two as they really are fab :)

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Tallinn, Estonia
“ok place but bit weird vibe”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Have been there couple of times as part of company event - and although they have nice coctails - i have issues with too noisy music - so not a great place to have a drink and chat. But if you are already totally drunk and want some music - could be a place for you.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best cocktails in Tallinn”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Butterfly has the best cocktails I've had in Tallinn. During the nine days I spent there, I never found a place that provided excellent drinks at the prices Butterfly offered. Cocktails range around 6.50 EUR and were quite balanced and delicious. I can say their Old Fashioned's and Manhattans rival what I had stateside at some of the best bars in both NYC, LA, and DC. Not only that, but the price you pay here at Butterfly has tremendous value.

Butterfly also is a very swanky and trendy looking place. Weekday evenings are quiet but on the Saturday night I visited, there was a DJ playing a mix of house music and a live jazz singer on stage. The crowd was also quite friendly. I definitely will come back the next time I'm in Tallinn.

I can't speak on the food or hookah services, hence the four star review. Based on cocktails, prices, and crowd, I'd give Butterfly Lounge a 5.

Tallinn, Estonia
“Nice bar”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Quite enjoyed this place. Cocktails was quite good, however it is not comparable with 5* cocktail bars. Had a feeling that this place visiting mostly singles :)

• Visited January 2014
Espoo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service, please!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We have been in Butterfly before and we have liked place and drinks. However, last night we waited 10 minutes on the bar and could't get service. Bar really wasn't so crowded but bartender seemed to service people he knew. Last drop was that one woman came from door straight to bar and got service right away while we have stood there ten minutes. She obviously was his friend. We went next bar (Rumours) and got our mojitos instantly.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kristiin4
Butterflylounge, Manager at Butterfly Lounge, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Hello Kristiin!

Biggest apologizes from our Friday night shift for not noticing you. They would be glad if you gave them a new chance soon!

Kind regards,