“Its fun.”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Its fun.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Its the restaurant of the St. Barbara Hotel. The place is a cellar. They serve nice food and have German draft beer.
The service is very good and done with a smile by charming waitresses.
At the background German music is being played.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Louis A

• Finnish first
Tallinn
“Raw onion salad. Gross food.”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I ordered the potato salad with pastrami. I got a chunk of smokey pig fat, and a pile of raw onions with a few bits of potato thrown in. Funny enough, next to the pickles were more chopped and raw onion... Just in case I wanted more onions.

I typically finish my meal, even if I don't particularly enjoy it, but I left the plate mostly full.

Waste of 5 euro. If you're actually hungry, I suggest going to Taco Express right next to this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Great value, outside service very patchy...”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Nicely situated away from tourist traps, but still (just) in the old city, the BB Keller (with free WiFi), is great value, with draught beer eg Czech Budweiser and Paulaner Weißbeer at €2.50 for half a litre. Really good value food. The first couple of times we came here it was busy but good. Service today has been appalling. Misunderstood orders, forgotten orders, and general disorganisation led to unacceptable delays eg 50 minute wait for a beer. We were going to come back here for our last lunch, but I doubt it.....

• Visited June 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“A little piece of home in Tallinn”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We were quite surprised, when we found this restaurant by accident. As we are from the Czech republic, it was quite funny finding a pub which had Czech beer in the center of Tallinn.

Unfortunately, we weren´t hungry so we just tried some sausages which were quite nice. Therefore we cannot judge the Czech dishes on the list.

The beer was good, though. And the restaurant looks quite authentic. We would recommend a visit.

• Visited May 2012
Manchester UK
“Best value in the Old Town and great food”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

A welcome island of value in the ocean of pretentious overpriced ripoff joints that is Tallinn old town - if you like simple but excellent food, great beer and good service, you shouldn't miss this.

First of all it's shown in the wrong place on the map. It's in the cellars directly below the Dubliner, which is much easier to spot. It's huge and not wildly atmospheric - random music, bright lights and big-screen sport aren't necessarily the first things I look for in a pub, but they are often the way in Tallinn. The service is friendly and excellent. The beer's excellent too, with Budweiser, not the American rubbish but Czech Budvar, one of the world's great beers, for less than the price of a local pint.

Food's great and portions enormous. The typical Estonian broad bean starter comes with mounds of fried onions and bacon - delicious and enough to feed three. My only criticism, food arrived warm rather than piping hot - Estonians don't seem to have the concept of pre-warming plates yet. In some places I'd have marked them down a star for this, but in this location they're so much better than the competition, they're well worth their five.

• Visited January 2013