“A must in Tallinn!”

Number 9
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A must in Tallinn!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Located outside the old town, the restaurant offers a stunning view it, make sure to be there for sunset. The food and service are very good and the menu has a fair choice of international/baltic food with a french twist. Number 9 offers a great value for money, probably the best in Tallinn, and it's visited mainly by locals. They often have events such as fashion show. I've been there many times and will go again and again when visting Tallinn, i just love it!

• Visited June 2013

Oslo, Norway
“There are many better restaurants in Tallinn”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I ate a three course dinner here and the food was as expected, but nothing more. Portions were small and I was not really satisfied.

Service level was inadequate.

I will probably remember the restaurant for the great views of Tallinn.

There are many better restaurants in Tallinn that serves better food at a lower price.

• Visited September 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“First glance”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My first food experience in Tallinn. This restaurant was just in front of my hotel, I could see it from my window. So seemed a good choice to have there dinner after a long trip. The wine was OK, the food was suprisingly good. The service is helpful, kind and fast. The real plus was that I could see the beautiful panorama of Tallinn form my table. I felt that Tallinn welcomes me. Thank you!

Tallinn, Estonia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad (read No) service”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Great location and view over the city, but absolutely no service. Visited the place with friend, waited 35 minutes for menu, then after asking ourselves from the bar for the menu, waiter brought it after another 15 minutes. And then they just kept ignoring us, serving at the same time all other tables around. Meanwhile one couple left also without any service. After an hour got really tired of waiting and went to the bar, asked if they were ever going to serve us and bring us anything to drink or eat. There were no apologies whatsoever and no compensation for lost time. Would not recommend this place to anybody.

1 Thank IngaBer
Tallinn, Estonia
“Avoid! Horrible service.”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We waited for the menu for 45 minutes, after an hour still no service although we had made several eye contacts with waiters and turned to the main service area asking politely when will someone serve us.
There were several customers who just gave up and walked away. As we had spent so much time (wasting) over there and were quite in shock of what was happening we just wondered is this really happening. :) May I say the place wasn't overcrowded and it seemed that the tables were divided between different waitresses/waiters who didn't care about the whole picture and served only their table. For instance there was one guy who calmly walked around the place checking if his tables were free or needed an attention without giving any second glimpse to those people just waiting to be served.

After an hour of waiting we decided to go the bar area and ask (politely!) how will they compensate the hour we just wasted and explain the situation. They gave us no apology, were very rude and unprofessional so we walked away. We've been there several times before for lunch and the food is really average (not to say bad), but as the view (roof top terrace) is nice the place was still in our minds for having cocktails etc and we also found our way back there for nostalgic reasons as the restaurant which located there before (Vertigo) was very classy and decent. Now we've learned our lesson and will not go back there. And we also suggest you to avoid this place as this is the absolute disaster and disappointment.

2 Thank Travel_Tallinn