“Excellent food, but the rest was not very good” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Taverna Lounge

Black Taverna Lounge
Ranked #256 of 902 Restaurants in Tallinn
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent food, but the rest was not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were a party of colleagues going out for an informal dinner. Our waitress was polite enough on arrival and brought us something to drink immediately. Then it took almost one hour before she returned to take our food orders, and another hour before we got our starters. In the meantime, many of us discovered that the restaurant, with seats for I would guess 300 people only had two - 2- unisex toilets. The queue went outside the restaurant at times. Really incomprehensible. At this point we were rather skeptical about the food, but it turned out to be really good. Our party tried out a lot of the dishes on the menu, from soups and salads to beef and sushi and we all were pleasantly surprised. We felt a bit sorry for the excellent cook having to work in such an environment. So if someone finds out that the cook left for another place I would be happy to visit, but I hope to avoid coming to the Black Taverna again.

Visited August 2013

Tallinn
“reborn?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Last time I visited this place, it was in poor state. Overpriced average food and slow and rude service. So I wasn't expecting much, when stopped there this morning. And honestly I was amazed of positive changes that happend with this place.
I got early [11 am] and ordered medium well beef fillet and some kind of muffin cake. Main course was beautifly served with two delicious sauces, potato casserole, sweet beet slices and baked cherry tomatoes on top. Taste was simply fabulous and I felt guilty that I left some beef on the dish. But I prefered to save some room in the stomach for the dessert. Muffin cake tasted really good, served with amazingly juicy sorbet.
Service was little sloppy, maybe because waitress was alone and soon after arrived three more tables, but waitress was kind and friendly.
Overall I left happy and pleasantly surprised. All the more so main course, dessert and coffee cost me average 20 euros. Looking forward to visiting this place again, for me new menu and new prices made Black Taverna a destination restaraunt.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tallinn, Estonia
“Overpriced food with poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

This place definitely has put in a lot of work for their "V.I.P." image. Unfortunately, they have tried to achieve exclusivity by simply pricing the menu at approximately double of what you see in similar restaurants. The food is not bad, but not worth the extra price. The service is awful though - during both of my visits the waiters were completely apathetic despite having plenty of staff on duty and only a few customers to serve. Ordering a new beer or another drink proved so difficult that after 30 minutes of waiting we decided to leave.

Visited December 2012