“Fabulous. Would return.”
Review of Hotel Schlossle

Hotel Schlossle
Ranked #13 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 7 June 2011

In Old Town Tallinn, behind stone wall. impeccable service, good English speaking employees. Very helpful for sightseeing. Got us a rental car.
Excellent breakfast in lower "castle" room. 2 blocks from town square. Large room, enough for 3 people. Modern bathroom. Very clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 June 2011

Located in old town Tallinn, the hotel is a jewel.5 star boutique property, attentive, helpful and professional staff, wonderful breakfast, free Internet, plush bedding and rooms. A real treat. Booked it on a travel site at a rate less than $300.00 per night.

1  Thank BG_Seattle
Reviewed 29 May 2011

On the whole I would avoid 5 star hotels even if I could afford them all the time. This one though is cozy and welcoming with a mix of old world charm and slightly whacky Estonian cheekiness. the service could not be faulted. My partner and I loved the place, and would have liked to stay longer. The only slight negative is that the restaurant/breakfast area is a bit dark for our taste, although the food was great.

1  Thank AlphaBeta42
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We booked for a quiet break in the historic Old Town and that is exactly what we found. The hotel is in three converted historic houses in a quiet side street a few minutes walk from the main tourist attractions and excellent range of restaurants and cafes. Our room was not cheap but good value for money. Staff were fridendly and helpful, all speaking at least adequate English. Our room (upgraded to suite) was on the third floor. no lift in sight!, overlooking a pleasant private courtyard at the back Breakfast was definitely high quality, hot meals individually cooked, porridge excellent.

1  Thank eldonista
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I originally booked a room at the 4-star St. Petersbourg, but was moved to the 5-star Schlossle at the same rate I had booked at St. Peterbourg. That turned out to be fantastic. The property, rooms, common areas, are quite nice. The breakfast is plentiful and fresh. Only issue would be the darkness of the "cave" it is served in. And they would run out of items and I would have to let them know about it and wait until it was replenished. Have to remember - this is 5-star, and this is not supposed to happen with such a rating. There were a few other things that my wife and I took note of, that were not up to 5-star levels. But I won't knock the place based on these things. Knowing the normal rate, it is my opinion that they are over-priced, and I would stay here only under the circumstances we enjoyed. That's why I will not recommend to a friend below.

1  Thank John D
Reviewed 16 May 2011

From the airport pick up perfectly on time to the welcome at this beautifull homely yet extremely exquisite hotel my stay in Tallinn was absolutely perfect. I have promised my wife next time she comes with me as not only does this hotel have two really fine restaurants but a general warm and welcoming atmosphere for both business and leasure. You can clearly see the time and effort taken to bring this hotel up to full international 5 star standards and all credit also to the General Manager Mr Kay Peter Bischoff and his obviously hand picked team!!
I look forward to my next stay at the Schlossle Hotel Tallinn

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Spent one week in this hotel, in the heart of the old town of Tallinn. I have traveled extensively throughout the world year round for over 20 years, so generally a hotel is hotel to me, business hotels meet your needs with adequate service. This small hotel had excellent service, a young staff that was eager to assist in any way, and good basic services (breakfast, wireless internet, car service, etc). While I didn't partake, my collegues dined at the restaurante one night and said it was the best meal of the week, and we went to a couple of Tallinn's more "exclusive" places. So all in all I would say very good value for the money, a great location and charming/cozy manner, so I would rate it highly.

Room Tip: Courtyard room,