St. Petersbourg Hotel
Hotel Palace(Tallinn)
US$139
US$127
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson Central Tallinn(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$223
US$216
US$349
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsestonian restaurantupgraded to a junior suitecold buffetold townno liftbeautiful hotelthe main squareperfect locationcomplimentary waterchristmas marketturn down servicebreakfast was excellenttown hall squareloved this hotelprivate saunafirst floorhotel restaurant
Reviewed 17 October 2011

The staff was all very professional, helpful, accommodating, and friendly beginning with Jan who handled making reservations and including each person at the front desk and those who served breakfast. Breakfast itself was unusually good and included very nice choices. We were a group of 10 people and felt very at home and welcome even when we gathered with each other in the lobby. We did not have nor need a car and enjoyed the location in beautiful Old Town Tallinn very much. The only caveat is that there is no elevator. We were on the third floor and that was OK. And the staff will help carry luggage, if you want. We will stay at St. P. again!

Room Tip: Corner suites have two rooms. Request a room on the first floor if you have difficulty with stairs. There is limited vehicle traffic permitted in Old Town. This is a great place if you want to walk araround sight-seeing a beautiful cobble-stoned town. Wear comfortable shoes.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The hotel is right in the heart of the old downtown. We arrived late in the evening and you experience the beauty of Tallinn right away. Most of the historic bars and restaurants are just around the corner. The St. P. building is historic and well kept. We actually stayed in a suite with 2 separate rooms. The bathroom was very well kept, the bed comfortable. The highlight is the breakfast in two very historic rooms, nicely decorated with old pictures, paintings and statues. The breakfast includes a variety of served to order eggs (eggs benedikt excellent!) and self serve breakfast. We have seen a lot of hotels, but the St. P. stands out with its "historic boutique flair", comfortable rooms (if you have a suite), its top location and friendly staff. If you have a car during your stay, be informed that there is no parking close-by (you are directly in the historic center of Tallinn), but you are allowed to park for short time outside and the staff will park your car and return your car upon agreed time for 16 Euro for 24h (reasonable and convenient). We strongly recommend the St. P. hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R_A_Travel
Reviewed 5 October 2011

His is the forth time I visit the beautiful city of Tallinn and I experienced a disgusting staying at st. Petersburg hotel. In my previous visits I had been accommodated in schlossle hotel, from same company, and there is nothing similar. First of all the hotel, although it is in good central location, it is very difficult to get the main door by car or like in our case by bus. We were a group of 14 guests and the bas had to leave us in a park 10 minutes walking distance. We were say the porters will take care of our luggage, and here starts our odyssey. Of course we arrive to the hotel 30 minutes prior to our luggage, then we learn that the hotel has not elevator and you have to climb up 3 floors to get your room. Later on the day we check our same system is applied, but in this case when porters carried our luggage to put then inside a regular taxi to take it back to the bus in the same park where we were dropped off, we saw how one luggage felt down and broke. When we arrive to the bas we discovered that this luggage was broken but we had to go to airport to take the plain. We saw the porter and when we pointed the situation he did not reply in a very unprofessional way.
At the airport we had to wrapped the luggage paying 7 € and when I arrive to Vilnius in Lithuania we informed the hotel the situation. At the very beginning they seem to help, but later they denied any kind of cooperation and after sending several emails they never answer and we have a broken luggage. Which is very unfair in the view I stay in a hotel with inconveniences, they broke my luggage and do not help or compensate or even give any kind of explanations. Besides this beware the awful bird you have to deal with flying over your head during breakfast in the restaurant, you can see his pooh all around, I am sorry I did not take pictures of it. Well. The rooms are nothing special with no air-conditioning and rather shabby furniture. Of course I will never stay again in this hotel. I will always prefer scholosle Tallinn, more expansive but further better. If the manager of st. Petersburg reads my review he/she may have the chance to answer me, if not I hope other future guests will know my sad experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank mportero
Reviewed 1 October 2011

This is a wonderful hotel tucked away in the old city walls of Tallinn. I can't think of a single thing that wasn't perfect. Spotless, generous sized rooms, lovely bathrooms with heated floors, friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds.. I can go on and on. Delightful hot and cold breakfast buffett is included with the room. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in the delightful city of Tallinn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

What a gem, in fact it is a gem inside a gem. Tallinn itself is stunning, and this is a great hotel. Staff could not have been more helpful. It was clean, roomy, well equipped. Could not fault it. Loved it.

The only slight negative (and it is very slight) is it has no lift - so if you are carrying a lot of luggage that might be a problem , but it isn't that bad.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business