“An absolute pleasure”

Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Cumbria
“An absolute pleasure”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed for 2 night in October and had 2 fantastic nights at the St Peterbourg.
A beautiful hotel in a stunning City,
Had a fantastic room, the hotel was stunning and the Russian restaurant was outstanding.
A great experience and would recommend Hotel St Petersbourg to anyone its a must if you are in Tallinn.

Room Tip: We got what we were given and it was great
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Australia
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I have stayed in many hotels but Hotel St Petersbourg in Tallinn is one of the best. We arrived well before noon but they were happy to let us check in early and we were happy that they’d upgraded us to a suite (which appears to be a common occurrence!) and it was just lovely, spacious and clean. All the staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and their help was given readily and with a genuine smile every time. On our second day in Tallinn my husband was ill and Tonis on reception made an appointment at a local clinic for us, organised a taxi to take us there and enquired after my husbands health on our return. Breakfast was very nice with a choice of hot meal as well as a buffet spread. And the dining area is delightful. We sat on a beautifully upholstered lounge and admired the sumptuous décor. We felt like royalty. Every night when we returned to the room after dinner our beds had been turned down and there was a bottle of water and a chocolate on the bed side table. The location was unbeatable, a two minute stroll to the main town square where there are many great restaurants and during the day, market stalls selling many local goods including amber, juniper and linen clothing. And don’t worry about the noise from the tables outside in the street, with the double windows shut we didn’t hear a sound. Hotel St Petersbourg was an absolute delight and I was genuinely sad to leave.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank menicci
Nashville, TN.
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed here 5 nights in October 2011, and I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. The staff was so very helpful, making sure that everything was taken care of. Each evening the maid would come in to turn down the bed, adjust the drapes, put out a fresh bottle of water, and leave a chocolate on the nightstand. I don't know about the rest of you, but I could get used to it!
The morning buffet was lovely. New to Europe, I was not interested in the cold meats and fish, but one can order a hot breakfast as well. Also, every morning a one page newspaper was laid out in several languages in the dining room for the guests.
I would not consider staying anywhere else if I get to return to Tallinn!

Room Tip: Since there is not an elevator, if you have creaky knees, you should consider asking for a room on a...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Sydney,

Just spent 4 wonderful nights at:
Hotel St Petersbourg,Tallinn is a wonderful hotel with the most accommodating and friendly staff I have every had the pleasure to experience in my many years of world travel. The Hotel is situated in the very heart of OLD TALLINN which makes walking around the old town a breeze. The rooms are spacious clean and with a night time tuck down which includes a bottle of mineral water and a sweet included in the service. Breakfast is a hearty choice of all things one could need, cereal,fruits,cooked breakfast and great coffee. I would highly reccommend a stay here............A FANTASTIC HOTEL.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
surrey, UK
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed here in Feb 2011 just myself and my partner.
We chose the hotel as its so central to the old town and seemed a little different to the others.
There are two restaurants to the hotel, the russian one where you are served breakfast, and the estonian restaurant underneath serving national foods with a fire and blankets to keep you warm
Near to the shopping area, the main town square but also a couple of great bars
It was snowing and extremely cold when we arrived. The staff were helpful throughout. Staff dressed in national costume and the hotel decorated all to match the era makes this a culturally fab place to stay - loved it!
We were given a free upgrade. The room was triple aspect looking over the cobbled streets. Comfy double bed, tv, biscuits and a huge bathroom including bathrobes
I couldnt find a heating control but I probably shouldve just asked!!

The hotel arranged a taxi to the airport for us which was helpful and the same price as a normal taxi!

(Ps I wrote a review straight after my stay and pressed the wrong key which made something sound negative....the manager contacted me straight away and offered me a free meal on my next visit to apologise! very thoughful but it was only right that I deleted the review and have now re submitted it. The hotel was amazing and I cant recommend it highly enough!!)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This was a great little hotel. Staff were very well trained, excellent breakfast. The only drawback for us was we got a room that wasn't renovated (Room 111) and whilst clean and tidy was tired. As it is at the back of the building it doesn't get much natural light, so could really benefit from the renovations that have happened to the other rooms on our floor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second and third floor get more light. I'd be asking for one that doesn't face...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Very well situated, extremely helpful staff, lovely decor, and nice little touches - little chocolates with the water. Can't really fault the place. The cleaning ladies are wonderful.

Room Tip: There isn't a lift
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family