“brilliant location & beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Petersbourg Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
St. Petersbourg Hotel
Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Tyrone
“brilliant location & beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

We arrived at the hotel from the airport by taxi which cost us ten euro, on arrival we were checked in fast and efficiently by the friendly staff were we were given a map of the old town with points of interest marked on it. Another staff member brought us and or bags to the room and gave us a quick tour of the room layout. The room was large and cleaned daily, the hotel also has a turn down service in the evening which is a nice touch. The location is brilliant, just about 100 yards from the town hall square. our room was over looking the beer house but we never found the noise thanks to the double glazed windows. The old town was beautiful with small cobbled streets with loads of charm and was nice to walk around exploring. overall the hotel was brilliant with really friendly staff and i could not find a fault.

Room Tip: No lifts so you might want to consider a ground floor room.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Blaubarde, Manager at St. Petersbourg Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share this experience with us. Our staff is always very keen to hear that their service has been appreciated. Thank you for that!

It is also so great to hear you had such wonderful time in this charming old town of Tallinn. I have to agree, our hotel is truly in the best location there is. Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards,

Mara Blaubarde
Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Finnish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

I made a reservation for a deluxe room more than than three months in advance and the hotel confirmed the reservation. One week prior to our arrival I got a reconfirmation: "We look forward to serving you during your upcoming stay at the Hotel St. Petersbourg".

When we arrived to the hotel the receptionist said: "We have moved you to our sister hotel because we are fully booked". Excellent! Our long-awaited trip to the famous Christmas market of Tallinn was ruined as soon as it was about to begin. We had just sent our taxi away and it was raining. They didn't do anything to order a new taxi (not to mention to offer a limousine service for us which they claim to have) nor to suggest any compensation for our disappointment.

The most grotesque thing was that after we returned home they sent me an email: "Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel St. Petersbourg. We sincerely hope you enjoyed your visit with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations." We certainly did enjoy it.

In my mind, this is not just crappy customer service but almost creating. If they had told me in advance that we can't stay in the hotel there was a risk that I might cancel the reservation. Instead, as close as seven days prior to the arrival they sent me a reconfirmation.

In your position I wouldn't make a reservation to St. Petersbourg Hotel nor its sister hotel belonging to the Leading Hotels of the World (ha!). There are so many excellent and cozy hotels in the Old Town of Tallinn and close to it.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank noxo123
Blaubarde, Front Office Manager at St. Petersbourg Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that we failed to meet up with your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Your feedback is very important to us. You are very right that these shortcomings should not have occurred in the first place since you made your reservation with 3 months in advance. Due to fact that your reservation wasn’t made directly through the hotel, unfortunately the original source your reservation was confirmed by, sent you out such notes as confirming your upcoming stay and thanking for staying at the Hotel automatically.

I apologize also for the inconveniences you encountered about the service not provided by reception staff in regards to complimentary transfer service upon your arrival. This has come to us as a total surprise, as the comments we receive from guests are usually extremely positive about our front desk team and their curtsey towards any guest. I have taken the opportunity to discuss the points that you have mentioned with our front desk team, please rest assured that your comments have been taken very seriously and have been followed up on in detail.

We hope to be given an opportunity to host you in future and convince you of our true hospitality.

Best Regards,

Mara Blaubarde
Front of House Manager
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the St Petersbourg Hotel. Like others, I was also upgraded to a Junior Suite as my original room smelt of cigarettes. The Junior Suite is so spacious & well appointed, it's hard to believe the hotel is so historic! As others have mentioned, there is no lift, but the staff will carry the luggage up & the stairs are quite easy to climb.
The location is fantastic, so close to the Market Square & easy walking distance even to the shopping mall outside the city. Tallin is very easy to explore & it was nice to be able to pop back to the hotel during the day.
I booked the sauna one morning, followed by a massage. It's located in the attic, so it has good views over the rooftops. The sauna is excellent, but you do need to prebook it so it can be heated up for you.
Breakfast was good, lot's of choice. It was nice having eggs freshly cooked. I also dined at the Nevskij resturant twice. After a long day of exploring the city, it was good to be able to dine at the hotel & just walk up stairs afterwards. The food & service was excellent, plus the cappucino was the best one I've had on my holiday!
The only negative for me was the number of times staff seemed to come into the room. I was relaxing after my massage & had maintenance open the door after a brief knock. The maid also folded & stacked all my clothes, which was something I've never had happen before. I can appreciate the high level of service, but as I'm not used to it, it was a bit 'invasive'. However, it didn't affect my very high opinion of the hotel standards & I will certainly stay here on my next trip to Tallin.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite is spacious & well appointed.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Wirral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

Travelled to Tallinn at Christmas time and arrived by Taxi from the airport. Ten minutes and 15 euro's. Met at the hotel by very smart efficient staff. Very welcoming helping with the bags. The hotel is a oldest hotel in Tallinn with authentic features. However, recently been renovated and looked like a new hotel. Really kept its charm. No lift but all rooms easily accessible. Very large room and could not fault it. It was 200 yards from the centre of town. Could not be better located for those who want to be in the middle of town. However, quiet as it is just around the corner from the noise. We used the sauna which is free before 11.00am but 13 euros after. Worth every penny because you have private use for that hour. The breakfast was superb. A cook made you ommlettes or scrambled egg with salmon every morning. Your choice! Tallinn itself is absolutely fabulous with wonderful cafes and bars. No smoking in the bars which suited us as we were none smokers. All in all could not fault the hotel or Tallinn.

Room Tip: There is no lift but it is a slow rising staircase so no problem really. Only three floors to top fl...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NeilWirral
Beaumaris, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed here for a weekend break. Lovely hotel in a very good location. Comfortable, spacious rooms, very clean bathrooms and good wholesome food. The hotel is very close to all the sights, including the Christmas market in the town square where they sell all sorts of crafts and great hot wine! Very good value for a weekend.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PAH810
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed here to visit the Christmas market (which was literally around the corner!). We arrived and discovered we had been upgraded for free as there were 3 adults in one room so they had given us a bigger room-very nice!

The staff were all exceptionally friendly and the hotel really couldn't be better located for exploring most of the main sites.

Tallinn itself is beautiful and if you are visiting, I really would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank leateach
Corsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

My wife and I stayed in Hotel St Petersbourg for 4 nights from 10th December. On arrival we were greeted with a very warm welcome and upgraded to a junior suite. Our room was very clean and spacious.
The hotel is in a great location for seeing the Old Town and close to some of Tallinn's best restaurants (including two of its own) and bars.
A plentiful breakfast with lots of choice available until 10:30!
Very personable and helpful staff.
We would thoroughly recommend this hotel.