“Good hotel, unprofessional staff”

Radisson Blu Sky Hotel
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Overall a good hotel, clean and modern, close to old town. And the lounge on the top floor has the best view. It may be too much to expect great service in this part of the world, but the staff has been rather amateur. On two occasions my room key stopped working and in both cases I had to go back and forth because the key they gave me was to the wrong room. Also, I extended my stay by one day by calling the reception in the evening. Next day in the afternoon they called me to say that the rate for that day would be different (higher). When I protested that they should have told me when I extended they said "I found a note here that my colleague has informed you when you extended". What a joke of a service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank George_Silverman
Write a ReviewReviews (1,672)

Reviewed 21 June 2011

The staff at the Radisson were very helpful during our stay in Tallinn. The breakfast selection and range of types of foods was supberb. The room was very comfortable and serviced each day. We ate in the lobby restaurant a few times during our stay and the food was of very good quality and delivered in a warm and friendly way. Absolutely no complaints and would recommend to anyone wishing to stay in Tallinn.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Dear ScottAberdeenshire,

What a wonderful reveiw to receive on a Monday morning. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn.

I really appreciate your comments about our food and especially about our team. At Radisson hotels we are very lucky to have a group of people as friendly and committed to provided the best possible service and I am delighted that you both experienced this at our hotel.

On behalf of all the team here, thank you for being our guest and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stayed for a night on business. Hotel staff is great, very friendly and quick. Breakfast is fantastic, with range of great local produce - perfect. Rooftop bar is nice for an evening drink looking over the city.

On the negative side - the hotel is not new, and it is felt, stale smell in the bathrooms and well-used rooms. Curtains in the shower should be changed more often, as they stink.

Dear A_Norski,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn. I am delighted that you found our team, breakfast and roof top bar to be of a good standard.

My apologies for the condition of the shower curtain in your room. We have only 4 rooms in the entire hotel that have these curtains and I will be personally inspecting them all today thanks to your feedback.

Once again, I thank you for taking the time to write a review and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Tallinn in the future when your travels allow.

Reviewed 18 June 2011

Clean, free wifi, pleasant breakfast, a few minutes from the airport, 10 minutes to walk to the old town. Very nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Dear CitizenDave,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and tell others of your experience. We are delighted that you would choose us again in the future and that you rated us so high.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for being our guest and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Tallinn in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Nice rooms, friendly staff & only a few minutes walk from centre - nothing to moan about, good stay!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Dear Super_sainters,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your time with us. We are delighted that you had a great stay and really hope to welcome you back to Tallinn in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Visited this hotel after 3 year break and can say, that it is still OK hotel for stay, specailly because of location, space and views. As it was built almost 10 years ago and then it was shurely fresh and new, but today it need soon some refreshments, specially TV and music system in the rooms. Bathroom is also not cousy compared to todays levels. Reception and lobby are Ok and very nice is also bar in the roof. Highest open roof bar in Tallinn.

Good choice for sightseeing traveller who dont excpect top luxury and who is used for Scandinavian hotel standards!

1  Thank Jaarman

Dear Jaarman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn.
Your comments are valuable to us and they will be taken into consideration in the near future with regard to our continuous efforts to both maintain and improve the property.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for being or guest and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Tallinn when your travels allow.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

There are 2 Radisson Blu's in Tallin, and they look close to each other on the map. I wonder if some negative reviews are due to the wrong one. When Radisson handed me a map of the area, I made the mistake of thinking it's Radisson Blu Olympus (because the Ravala location wasn't shown on the big map, but instead in the Old Town map), and I walked in circles.

Nevertheless, I thought this hotel was great. Very western, with clean bathrooms that reminded me of Sofitel, and modern furnishings. My non-smoking floor was truly non-smoking, and I had a nice view. Walk to Old Town is only 10 minutes, if you don't get lost. I also had read about getting ripped off by taxi drivers, and it's only 1 and half blocks to bus 2 in front of the bus terminal, and then you can get to the airport for 1 euro/1.6 euro.

The breakfast was quite yummy. I had pancakes with fresh ligonberries, and 4 types of yogurts, and a yogurt with a whole bunch of chopped fruit in it. There was also meat, cheeses, bacon, eggs, and the usual deal.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2011

Dear HappyBelly,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed our clean rooms and extensive Super Buffet Breakfast where we feature over 130 different breakfast items.

We are very fortunate to have such an enviable location and am delighted that you chose to stay with us on your trip to Tallin.

On behalf of us all here at the hotel, thank you for being our guest and I hope to welcome you back to Tallinn in the future when your travels allow.