“Great hotel, great location - will stay here again”

Radisson Blu Sky Hotel
Ranked #9 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
Dublin, Ireland
“Great hotel, great location - will stay here again”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Great location, friendly staff, best breakfast we had in Estonia. Suite had great views of Tallin, was bright and clean. The top floor bar terrace has amazing views, During our stay in Estonia we stayed in four different hotels, this by far was the best. When we return to Tallin we will stay here again. Would highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear Kemptoniteal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and tell others about your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn. The best compliment that we can receive as a hotel is when our guests tell us that they would choose to stay with us again and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to Tallinn when your travels allow.

Brian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Very nice average business hotel. Some rooms have been upgraded and modernized - However there is a big problem with the air conditioning system which is very very weak. In fact I had to move from my nice modernized corner room because I could hardly breathe in there. And no rooms in the hotel have windows that can open - so slightly claustrophobic feeling. I was transferred to an old-style room where the air-con worked but was still very weak. No airflow you could feel when holding your hand in front of the vent. But that was usual according to the reception desk staff. This room was OK but the bed was worn -sagging and soft on one side - and the decor very outdated.
On the plus side the hotel does have friendly staff, great views of Tallinn, a nice breakfast buffet, and a great bar/lounge on the 24th floor with outstanding views of the city.
And then I got to shake hands with the Dalai Lama who by chance was staying in the hotel at the same time as I was - cool :-))) (hope he had a better room - although he probably doesn't care in the least about this sort of mundane materialism ;-)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Dear Nikolai69,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review based on your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn. We appreciate your feedback and apologise for the concerns you have regarding both the air-conditioning and decor in your room at the hotel. These two areas are currently under discussion with regard to potential improvements in the future.

We value all customer feedback and use it as advice with which to improve the quality of our business in the future.

I also appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of our team, high standard with regard to breakfast and our Lounge 24 rooftop bar.

It is always genuinely appreciated when a reviewer gives a balanced account.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for being our guest and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Neuchatel, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Had an amazing stay in this excellent hotel! Contrary to some other posters, didn't find any major defficiencies during our stay. Our executive room on 19 floor was huge and spotlessly clean with a an unforgettable view over Tallinn old city (which we have specifically requested in our reservation request). Not a single outside sound penetrated the window, walls or door. The receptionists were kind and efficient. The selection of food at breakfast was impressive by 4 star standards. We loved the top floor bar terrace offering amazing 360 degree views of Tallinn, including the old town and gulf area. Considering the price we paid, we have found this hotel to be very good value. Would highly recommend this hotel to both business and leisure travellers!

The only minor negatives encountered were: 1) the breakfast area was a bit crowded; despite this, about 5 tables were empty with "Reservation" tags on them; these were the finest tables in the area and they remained empty during our entire breakfast; this was the first time I saw "Reservation" tags on breakfast tables in a hotel during busy hours; 2) the parking area in front of the hotel doesn't belong to the hotel; we were told to remove our car within 15 minutes and advised to use the paid garage.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2011
Dear Countsgermain,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and tell others about your experience with us here at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn.

We are delighted that you found our hotel to be of a high standard and I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about the cleanliness of your room, breakfast selection and the friendliness of our team.

I will enquire with the team regarding the reservation signs you noted in the breakfast room as this would not be a normal occurance given how busy we are each morning. My apologies if this meant you had any delay in being seated.

Lastly, I would like to thank you sincerely for reccommending us to both business and leisure travellers and for being our guest.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, we hope to see you back in Tallinn in the near future.

Midlands
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My husband and I booked a mini break via Directline Holidays for 3 nights in Tallin from Luton (on Ryanair unfortunately) but the Radisson Blu made up for the cattle market boarding! Perfect location 3 mins to nearest shopping mall - open everyday even Sundays until 9pm! and the wonderful Stockmann Department store. The Breakfast was first rate - everything you could want - delicious creamy porridge, fresh cooked pancakes, all the usual hot & cold bits, fresh fruits, yogurts filled us up until 3pm ish. Our room was spacious, great view of the old town, bathroom room functional and well laid out with lots of quality toiletries which were always replenished. Free wi-fi everywhere which my husband loved, gym with treadmill etc, weights and his & her saunas - needs air con though! Last but no least the 25th floor rooftop bar with outdoor seating and the most wonderful views of the Gulf of Finland and the old medieval town - fantastic sunsets, lovely atmosphere and wonderful cocktails and like everything in Tallin such good value for money we paid Euro 3.50 each! If you visit Tallin make sure you sty here we will be back - daylight until 1am end June so were coming back next year :-)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Dear Leacocks,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn. I am delighted that you found our hotel to be of a high standard and that you recommend us as the place to stay in Tallinn.

We work hard to try and ensure that all of our guests enjoy their time with us and feedback such as yours really makes it all worthwhile.

On behalf of all of the team, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to Tallinn when your travels allow.

Pirkkala, Finland
Reviewed 2 August 2011

As many fellow advisors have already stated, the time has come for Radisson Blu Tallinn to make a thorough renovation.

Stayed here for couple of nighs last week, looking for some luxyry into our vacation by changing from our usual Viru hotel into this. Sadly, I didn't find any differencies.

This is because the standard hotel rooms seem to be basically in their orginal decoration from 2001, the year the hotel was built. Wall-to-wall carpet should be changed into laminated wood or parquet floor, the carpet used at the moment is dirty and has a sligth tobacco smell in it. It's also amazing that the rooms still have old fashioned tube television, no lcd or flat screens. Also the complex that has tv, ironing, safe, tea kettle, minibar etc. in it is really ugly and not representing the decor of 2011. In bathroom, it seemed to be very hard to get stable, warm water from the shower or tap (usually, it got too hot without any adujusting by the user).

But by doing some big time renovation into rooms, the hotel would get a full ***** from me as there is a lot of positive in it. Breakfast is heavenly, lobby and especially the service in it is perfect, location of the hotel is great, the bar and the view in the 24th floor awesome, free and fast wi-fi, enough speedy elevators so you don't have to wait too long even in the crowded hours etc.

But as the room is the place where a traveller most likely spends most of the time at the hotel, I really recommend a renovation. This way Radisson Blu will cope up with the competition with nearby ***** hotels, at the moment it is "just" in hotel Viru level.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Dear Fijuhmon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a constructive review based on your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn.
Your comments about room renovations are ones that we are taking on board when planning future investment into our hotel. I also appreciate your very kind comments about our breakfast selection,fast wifi, speedy elevators, location and especially about our service here at the hotel.

Whereas renovations and the changing of televisions and room layouts can take some time, the above areas that you have mentioned are well within our control on a daily basis and it is encouraging to all of us that you feel we are doing a good job in this respect.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Italy
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Stayed there at the end of July 2011.
The hotel itself is very good, and the rooms facing the city centre enjoy an absolutely breathtaking view over the Old City (which you can also admire from the rooftop terrace bar).
An easy walking distance to the city centre (10 mins) and close to shops and a good sushi bar (you might want to visit, as food at the hotel is not at all remarkable).
The hotel generally complies with Radisson standards, though we weren't provided with enough sets towels and toiletries (only 2 for 3 people staying in room).
Shower had not been properly cleaned when we arrived.
Also, to fit 3 suitcases was a bit of a squeeze.
Not enough light to read by in the evenings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the city centre, as that's possibly the best bit about this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Dear Ros138,

Thank you for taking the time to write and review based on your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn. My apologies for the housekeeping issues that you have reported here and I will use your feedback to ensure that this is addressed immediately.

Guest satisfaction is our number one priority at all Radisson Blu Hotels and please be assured that we will be acting on your points.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, we are delighted that you found us to be very good overall in your assessment and look forward to welcoming you back to Tallinn in the future should your travels allow.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Just back from a trip to Estonia. We stayed at the Swissotel for 4 nights and the Radisson Blu for one night (stayed with friends in Parnu in between). I am putting the same review on the site for Swissotel and the Radisson Blu because they are right next door to one another and are very similar in style. It is walking distance to old town with 2 shopping centres within a stone’s throw. We had a lovely stay in both hotels. It really depends on what type of break you want as to which hotel is better. So the comparisons are:
Price – I booked the Swiss in May. It was slightly dearer than R.Blu., but it had higher reviews and it has an extra star. I looked at prices for the extra night in Tallinn after our Parnu trip. The Swissotel was 30 euro dearer online than R.Blu (Swiss was 110, R.Blu was 80). I asked at reception in the Swiss if they would be willing to give me a room at the same rate as I could get the R.Blu. They said the best they could do was €185 - €75 higher than the online price. I am always baffled as to why hotels do this. You can use their wifi to book a room much cheaper online than they will give you at reception! I’d been there 4 nights and had spent at least €100, over and above the room rate in the bar and spa. They would have had my custom for an extra night, but they weren’t willing to bend from €185. So I booked the Radisson Blu.
Breakfast was great at both hotels, but I think R.Blu has the edge for both choice and service. We didn’t eat dinner in either one, so can’t comment on that.
Roof level lounge in both hotels have fabulous views. Swiss isn’t open air – R.Blu has better views and the open roof area made it for me. That said my husband preferred the decor in the lounge of the Swiss. The SEB Bank ruins the views of the old town in the Swiss so the view is only of the Port from most rooms (I was on 21st floor). In the R.Blu I was on the 14th floor and had a great view of both the port and the old town.
Spa: The Swiss has a fabulous gym and spa with pool. R.Blu doesn’t have a pool - I didn’t get to see their gym so can’t comment.
Rooms – Both hotels have lovely rooms. The coffee machine in the Swiss is a really nice bonus. The mini-bar prices are dearer in the R.Blu, but it has more choice. The Swiss had bathrobes in the room. R.Blu have this at extra cost. I preferred the layout of the room in R.Blu, and I think it was bigger. Very odd bed linen though. We had a single and a double duvet for a king size bed.
Service We asked for extra pillows in R.Blu, they arrived within 5 minutes. Have no complaints about staff in either hotel, but I felt the staff were more attentive in the R.Blu. I suppose the episode about the extra night booking left a bad taste with the Swiss, a lesson they should learn from.
Overall, there are only minor differences between the two hotels. If a pool is important, I’d recommend the Swiss otherwise, my advice is go for the cheapest, which will probably be the R.Blu.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ideb
Dear Ideb,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and tell others about your experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Tallinn. I am delighted that you found our hotel to be of a high standard and it's praise indeed to be held in such high regard as our neighbouring hotel also.

Tallinn has a large amount of hotels with a high standard to both strive for and maintain so I really appreciate your comments, as do all of the team here at the hotel.