“good modern hotel in perfect location”

Radisson Blu Sky Hotel
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 6 January 2012

the Radisson Blu Hotel is located just 5 minutes walk from the Viru Port, the entrance in the Medieval city of Tallinn!
the Building is high and modern and the staff is very nice and helpful!
we had a bedroom at the 19th floor with a beautiful view on the city.
although the bedroom was nice and comfortable, the forniture was old and used. the tv was one of those big tv, it functioned well but in the whole we felt to be in a 19th century bedroom.

we went to the gym twice. for this big hotel (24th floors) the gym is very small with old and few machines. however there is the sauna (male and female separated) which is really good.

we went also up to the sky bar, unfortunately is was full and we didnt stay there, and from the inside you dont see much, it would be wonderful to stay outside on the top of the roof in the good season :)

one negative points: breakfast was not included, but they politely ask you if you want it, at the cheap price of 20 euro each for day!!!! too much even if is a buffet breakfast i think!!!

Room Tip: higher floors are better
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CrissiCri
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear CrissiCri,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review based on your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our central location and views from our rooms which I personally still find breathtaking.

We agree that whilst the rooms are large in size, that our decor is not to everyone's taste and needs updating. With this in mind and based on feedback from our guests such as yourself, 2012 we see us commence the refurbishment project of all 280 rooms and suites.

I really look forward to bringing these new rooms to our hotel in the near future.

On behalf of myself and all of the team at the hotel, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Very good hotel clean and in a good location for visiting the old city and with lighted sign on top for finding one's way back at night. We walked everywhere here. Did not like the uncarpeted hardwood floor for exercising - maybe they have exercise mats, I did not enquire.Good free wifi.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Lilli G,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found us to be centrally located. We are very fortunate that our illuminated roof sign can be seen from nearly anywhere in Tallinn due to the size of our hotel and guests always have a guiding light home.

My apologies regarding the hardwood floors not suiting you for workouts but for future visits, please do let me know as we do indeed have exercise mats available for all guests.

Once again, on behalf of all the team here at the hotel, thank you for being our guest, Happy New Year and we hope to welcome you back to both Tallinn and the Radisson Blu when your travels allow.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I was looking for a a great Christmas break and I found it in Tallinn. Booking in was really informative and good too. Breakfast was well presented and took all tastes into account.The service for Tallinn was great too and I was really glad to see it.I travel to Tallinn alot from Helsinki.
Christmas eve dinner was really great too and I liked the round tables a mix of people too.Christmas Day meal was Rabbit and our waitress Anastasia was really good a her recommendation of wine was good too excellent white. Rooms were really kept clean.It was a wonderful Christmas break and the staff made it so.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Dear Eemsniel,

Many thanks for your review and Happy New Year!

We are delighted to receive such high praise from you and are delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas break with us here at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn.

I will be sure also to pass your comments onto Anastasia who I know will be delighted to hear them. Anastasia is continuously excelling in the art of service, so much so that she was recently awarded our Employee of the Quarter for the last part of 2011.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such kind words and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future when your travels allow.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

Just stayed for one night. Very smart and modern hotel in the business district a short walk from the Old Town. Easy check in with very helpful staff. Fabulous view from 13th floor room. Extremely well equipped room - the podule containing mini-bar, tv, ironing board and a host of other things was a marvel! I ate in the Grill which was fine, though nothing special - helpful and friendly staff again though. I would certainly recommend - at 140 euro for the night it was not cheap, but good value in my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank LardB0y
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2011

Dear LardBoy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and tell others about your experience with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel to be value for money which we strive for at all times.

On behalf of myself and all the team at the hotel, thank you for being our guest and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Tallinn in the near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stay in Tallin 5 days and Im happy i chosen Radisson Blue Hotel. Iv got the room in 19 floor. very good wiev, clean and new room, friendly stuff. Thank you

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Piotr K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn.

On behalf of myself and all the team here at the hotel, we thank you for being our guest and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

I arrived in Tallinn from Helsinki via ferry at 11pm. Since it was in the middle of summer, there was still some twilight. Not sure about the bus system - especially at this time of night, so I decided to simply get to the hotel on foot. It was a shorter-than-expected 15 minute walk from the pier. The "business class" room was wonderful. The room was spacious and the bed was really comfortable. So comfortable, in fact, that I overslept and therefore didn't check out as early as I was planning to, which cut into my sightseeing time. :) Breakfast was really delicious, and the food selection was vast. The staff was friendly. The only blemish was the internet speed. I tried looking up some information in the business center on the second floor. The desktop computers are quite old, and the internet connection was painfully slow. Hopefully it usually isn't like that. I was traveling on business so it's nice to not have to pay for the hotel out-of-pocket. It's definitely a much nicer hotel than the places I normally stay at when I'm traveling, but the pricetag is proportionally higher too. I would definitely stay here again if my business travels take me to Estonia again.

Room Tip: Rooms are decorated according to one of several themes. The room I stayed in happened to be of an A...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Botayone
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Dear Botayone,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and tell others about your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn.

We are delighted to receive such compliments about our rooms, breakfast and especially about our team.

My apologies about the internet speed which is normally a high speed connection both via the Wireless Network throughout the hotel and also via the dial up connection. If this ever happens again whilst staying at a Radisson Blu Hotel, please do let us know as I appreciate how frustrating this can be.

On behalf of all us here at the hotel, thank you for being our guest and we hope to welcome you back to Tallinn and indeed the hotel once again in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Thank you to Brian and all the staff in Radisson Tallinn for a perfect stay.From our arrival to departure everything was perfectly delivered. We had a fabulous room on 22nd Floor ( upgraded which was a lovely treat ) ,the views ,room etc amazing .
If you are going to the beautiful city of Tallinn here is the perfect spot to discover the city ,the bar on the 24th Floor ends an evening perfectly. Always been a fan of Radisson group and this stay has cemented that ,from the food to the cocktails to the location to the fabulous staff .We got a taxi from the airport straight to the door in less than 15 minutes (less than €10),to walk to old town 5-10 mins stroll .A big thank you to all as we are planning our next trip back next summer already .

Room Tip: Book a room near top floor for views
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joella_10
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear Joella_10,

Thank you so much for a wonderful review of your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tallinn. It was lovely meeting with you during your stay and it was a pleasure to have you both as our guests.

To get feedback such as yours truly makes it all worthwhile.

On behalf of myself and all of the team here at the hotel, thank you for being our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back in the Summer.

Best regards,