“Good location, good price”

Radisson Blu Sky Hotel
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We stayed in the Radisson on a weekend trip in December. Our room was of decent size and comfortable, and sported a nice view from the 19th floor out onto the old town of Tallinn. I very much liked the service - en example was that the concierge ran out into the cold like a dart to save one guest from taking a private taxi where he would have a decent probability to be ripped off. Then she explained us in details the city map we had asked for, gave us tips what to see and where to eat. Breakfast looked nice from a distance, we opted to go to caffees in old town to enjoy the atmosphere there. The hotel is about 10min by foot from there, yet very close to most of Tallinns large shopping venues. The sauna turned out to be a very small one, hidden behind the restrooms of the (also small) fitness center - that is the only negative item.

Room Tip: go up as high as you can - and ask for an old town view
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Gilles T, Direttore at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear SteveZug,
I thank you very much for your comments and suggestions, we are currently working to improve our service, your comments are valuable and will be used to correct those things that went wrong in your stay, I personally thank you for the opportunity you just gave us and invite you to come to visit us soon to Tallinn and to the Radisson Blu Hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 12 December 2012

The room was clean, nicely decorated and with nice view over the city (16th floor). Room large enough for three adults, even though the extra bed was not very comfortable. We also had to ask from the reception the towels for the third person, they were not ready in the room. Breakfast was quite good with hot and cold food and the service was good and quick (not crowded when we were there). The restaurant, Madissoni Grill & Bar, had good basic food with reasonable prices and friendly service. The hotel is also very well located near the shopping places and the old town.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Pegasos,
I have well noted the small details that went wrong in your stay, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience it might have caused you. I hope to welcome you soon in our wonderful city and in our Hotel.

best regards

Reviewed 4 December 2012

I stayed here one night during a cold period of December. The hotel is not inviting by its looks, but inside I found my room very charming. The view from 13.th floor was beautiful with so many church towers and red tile roofs in the Old town.

There are a few details I didn´t like: there was no heating in the bathroom, only the mutual heating from central climate control in the bedroom side and bathroom was cold. One would expect heated floor in the bathroom in a 4 star hotel. The other thing is the temperature of the food served in the buffet breakfast. Most of the products were lukewarm, not hot enough.

Positive details were the style of the room how it was furnished. The neat system for clothesline in the bathroom, equipment in the room and friendliness of the personel. In the breakfast buffet the small pork sausages really worth tasting and the richness of alternatives and olive oil also being available and the vegetables, which were also first class.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank vivian L

Dear Vivian I,
thank you for your comments and suggestions, I took note of your feedback and currently working on the possible improvement. On behalf of the Radisson Blu and myself i would like to thank you and hope to see you soon in Tallinn and our Hotel

kind regards

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Radisson Blu is situated nicely near the shopping area in Tallinn. Also walking to old town is very easy even hotel is situated on the other side of town. Lobby area and restaurants are nice and clean. Rooms are clean and well equipped with trouser presses, iron, minibar, coffee and tea. Bathtub with shower. My room was at 15th floor ( rooms from 7-22 floor) and it had nice view. Hotel has a gym on 7th floor. Small room with few machines, door opens with roomkeycard. Not the cozyest place but ok machines. Hotel has also renovation on 7th floor ( workmed and dust all over). Hotel has a rooftop bar on deck 24. NIce place, unfortunately all tables had reserved sign so i could not stay ( even the place was almost empty). Breakfast was served on the lobyy level, tables were cleaned fast but on the buffet table many articles were finished and i had to tell the staff to get more food. Also during 2 morhing no one ever asked us if we would like to have coffee or tea. Cups and cutlery were ready on the tables which would suggest that coffee and tea would be served by staff. On the second day i found an espressomachine next to porridge and jam. On the first day i just made hot chocolate from the table where i found different kinds of teas. Food was otherwise ok. The staff was very friendly all around the hotel but not at the breakfast. The people at the reception desk came outside ( temp -8 centigrade) to make that people would not take a taxi from a company that was not reliable. That i would call good service. Also they were very helpfull with all small things that i asked from them. The cleaning staff was very friendly also and they always wished clients good morning and good evening, also helped with more toiletries and arranged a razor for me. They even arranged ice to my room from the machine ( which was next to the elevator). This was a very nice gesture to show that they really cared about the customers. As the weather was very snowy i would have needed a small mat to place the shoes on as the wintershoes always gather lots of snow in the soles and it is making the floors wet. When checking out we had the usual conversation of the minibar drinks and finally agreed that the missing drinks must have been drunk by the earlier tenants. ( with this hotel i have had the discussion few times before) But as said the staff is friendly and everything went fine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Atro

Dear Atro,
thank you for your positive comments and suggestions. I hope to see you soon In the Radisson Blu Tallinn to verify that the minor points you have found were handled and resolved.

best regards

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I was in Tallinn on a business trip and stayed in this hotel. Everything went well from start to finish. Really liked the room, very clean and good size. Location of the hotel was excellent for me. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear JIL7,
on behalf of my team and I, I would like to thank you for your review! your opinion makes us be proud of what we do, in particular positive comments are marking that we are on the right way.

I hope to see you soon in Tallinn and in the Radisson Blu!

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I was visiting Tallinn for business trip. I’ve arrived on late Sunday’s evening. The room, that I was given, was very nice, clean and quiet - as I prefer. I’ve also felt recognized as Club Carlson member. The view from my room was very nice.
Restaurant, during breakfast, is busy, but personnel is doing a good job with cleaning and preparation of tables. They are also very helpful, always with smile on their faces 
If I would need to mention something that can be improved, it would be the quality of scrambled eggs: I hate scrambled eggs, when they are made from powder, not from a real eggs. Also some live cooking would be good.
But In overall, I’ve enjoyed the stay and I will stay again in this hotel, when I’ll arrive in Tallinn in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear Piotr G,

Thank you for your review and such excellent feedback. I will take your points up with our Executive Chef regarding the quality of the scrambled eggs but I promise you that we never use the powdered substitute. I completely agree that this should not be used and there must be another reason for them not being to standard which we will act upon today.

I thank you sincerely on behalf of the entire team and hope to see you back in Tallinn in the near future.

With kind regards,

Brian

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I had a group here and everybody was satisfied, given the fact that all of them have been to many hotels around europe and some of them very picky! that was intersting for me,prices are reasonable, location is good, freindly and cooperative staff , large rooms and perfect view over city and so on. this hotel does not have a parking of its own.and if you have a car be careful if you park in front of the hotel and pay the toll otherwise you will get a ticket quicly.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hadisaidi

Dear Hadisaidi,

Thank you so much for both choosing our hotel for your group and for taking the time to write a review.

We are delighted that you all enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future when your travels allow.

With best regards,