“great location close to the old town”

Radisson Blu Sky Hotel
Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 22 July 2014

we stayed here in mid july for 6 nights & we never experienced any issues or problems,check in was fast/efficient & friendly.our spacious room was on the 9th floor with good views across the city ,the room was spotlessly clean & freshly decorated with all mod cons....The breakfasts were varied with all foods fresh & well presented & always plenty for all.The bar service is excellent with a wide variety of drinks from around the world & always served with a smile from the polite,smartly dressed efficient staff.anyone that stays here must not miss the bar/lounge on the 24th floor as it is probably the best place in all of Tallinn to get the best view over all the old town ( take your camera).all the sights of the old town are in a 5 to 10 minute stroll & the airport is 10 minutes in a taxi..

Room Tip: higher the room the better the view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kristel M, Management Team at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear petertoonarmy1971,

Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback and observations. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

What's not to like about the Radisson Blu Sky in Tallinn. We were traveling with a group of about 40. The rooftop lounge provided a great opportunity for us to socialize and watch the sunsets. The rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. The included breakfast was excellent, with a wide variety of choices to suit everyone's pallet. The hotel is located a short couple of blocks from the Old Town. Best hotel of our trip so far.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Kristel M, Management Team at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Tallhorse,

Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback ad observations. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The room is clean and spacious. The breakfast selection is wonderful and the bar downstairs of an evening hosts live music (which was great when we were there). The hotel is located about a 5-10 minute easy walk to the Old Town.
The staff are extremely helpful and lovely to deal with.
Be careful as there is another Radisson Blu not too far away. Don't get them mixed up!

1  Thank wisemonkeysabroad

Dear wisemonkeysabroad,

Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here during the 2014 Songfest weekend. The hotel was likely fully booked, but they seemed to handle the crowd quite well. I agree with another guest who commented on the lack of seating at breakfast. One contributing factor could be the breakfast buffet itself. It was terrific. People may have lingered to get another serving (or two?). Our room was very comfortable. The "black out" curtains were the best we experienced during our trip; an important feature when the summer sun rises shortly after 0400. The hotel accommodated my emailed request for a higher floor and view of Old Town. Old Town is a convenient 10 - 15 minute walk. The hotel is a short taxi ride from the harbor or airport.

Room Tip: Request upper floor with view towards Old Town.

Dear George K,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was recommended as one of the better hotels in Tallinn. That may be, but it is still average at best. The rooms are just okay, the service of the front desk is also fair. You would think that when you ask about going to a certain place of interest, they would tell you that it is closed on that particular day. A major point of interest that they should know. Not very knowledgeable and not extremely helpful.

They charge a large amount per person to be on a higher floor, but there is no executive lounge. Everyone gets free wifi and it is on an open network.

Walking to the old town is pretty easy from the hotel and cabs are plentiful from the hydrofoil.

Dear kathyvienna,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and observations. Every guest feedback is important to us in order to find out shortages and areas for improvement. We will consider points that you have brought up.
Thank you, kathyvienna, once more for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My room had a light hardwood floor and modern furnishings. The very comfortable twin beds had plenty of pillows. Lighting was ample, supplied by lamps of a modern design. The bathroom had a walk-in shower that was a pleasure to use. I tried adjusting the room temp but could see no change, so am not sure if it was working. The mini fridge didn't work and when I asked about getting it in working order, I was told there was no maintenance personnel on duty on the weekend. I was surprised since this was a very large hotel. The buffet breakfasts were adequate. I had dinner alone one evening at Harry's bar, which was ajdacent to the packed restaurant. I waited for what I thought was an appropriate period of time while servers walked past me without acknowledging my presence. I finally went to the bar, which is an internationally famous bar, and asked what I had to do to get some food. The lady came to take my order shortly after. I ate what I could of my food, which was very mediocre, pushed my plate away, and waited for my check. I received the check in a timely manner, but no one came to pick up my money. Again, I waited and finally took it to the bar myself. Maybe this is the custom, I don't know. I would not eat there again. I can't comment about the value of the room because I was with a tour group.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear djphotos,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and observations. We are delighted that you liked our room and very sorry that you received less than perfect service at our bar. I will follow up on this.
Thank you, djphotos, once more for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed during the 2014 Estonian Song Festival. The hotel was really busy. Our room experience started off poorly. The air conditioning would not work and the TV went out thirty seconds after we turned it on. Our phone would not dial to the front desk, so we had to use our family's phone in an adjacent room. So far, not good, right? The room itself was spacious and decorated nicely. The beds were reasonably comfortable for European foam mattresses (think IKEA). The breakfast was included in the price and was magnificent. Plenty of choices, and delicious. Just not enough seating. But that was most likely due to the full hotel for the festival. The sky bar at the 24th floor overlooks the city. You can sit outdoors in relative comfort and have a drink. They even provide a blanket if needed! The hotel is just a few blocks from Old Town, the medieval tourist area of Talinn and it's an easy and safe walk there. A bank/ATM is right next door to the hotel. Parking is adequate for unloading, but there's not a lot for overnight parking that I could see.

So we never did get our phone or our TV fixed, but the desk did send someone up to repair the AC. Minor glitches, I suppose. The staff was helpful if not entirely warm.

I recommend staying here if you're going to visit Talinn. It's about five minutes from the airport, too. Easy to get to.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dave L,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and observations. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us even when we were not able to offer you perfect service. We are sorry for TV and phone. TV is brand new. I will follow up on this.
Thank you, Dave L, once more for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.