“Excellent”

Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
scotland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

After alot of deliberation myself and friend booked the Radisson as we wanted a corporate style hotel with features like a sauna and nice bar/restaurant. We were not disappointed.
The hotel is a short taxi ride from the airport and is not far from the old town. We booked a standard room, as we were on a budget, and were pleasently surprised. The pictures online don't do it justice, it was lovely and had everything we needed and more. The breakfast is vast and you are spoilt for choice. I would expect both of these from this hotel chain, but I have got to say the staff really made our stay special. NOTHING was too much trouble for them, especially the guys in reception. We tested their patience asking for extra pillows, adaptors, taxi calls and help planning an excursion, and each and every request was dealt with in a friendly and proffesional mannor.
I had such a good stay I am thinking about sending my parents there for their anniversary.
The city itself if stunning with some of the most amazing and well kept architecture I've seen. The Estonian people are very warm and welcoming and really want you to enjoy their capital. I especially liked going out to a bar/restaurant and not being engulfed by ciggaret smoke. As much as you can smoke indoors, it's kept away from the main areas and is nothing like Prague/Krakow.
I'd love to go back but in the summer, winters are cold.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bad Homburg, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

Unfortunately despite the flashy Internet presentation my experience in this hotel can only be called dissapointing. The moment I entered my 10th floor single room I encountered a very heavy, disturbing smell which took some time to locate. In the fridge I identified a very old cheese alongside with rotten ham, which were probably left a month ago. I immediately announced the reception and asked for a new room. I didn't get one due to fully booked hotel, but still I am sure than an alternative could have been found. I had to sleep in a room in which the smell was lurking at each corner and trust me no rest was possible.
My colleagues had a nicer experience, and one positive aspect I can mention: the breakfast buffet was pretty good, but so expensive (12,50 Euro is for my taste rather high)
For the rest only a big no, and to be honest the hotel staff wasn't very friendly or helpfull either. To pay 109 Euro + 12,50 Euro for a rotten smelly room is no deal for me!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Claudia M
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

I stayed at Radisson Blu Tallinn for two nights in January 2011. It was my second stay here. It's not the perfect hotel but I came back as there were some things I liked about the hotel. The hotel has a modern skyscraper front. Lobby is contemporary. Check-in was fast. No special things for loyal customers (no welcome drinks etc). You get 10% off if you order food though at hotel restaurants (doesn't apply for the rooftop lounge). Our room was on the 7th floor. Elevators are fast. Ice machine on the floor. No noise at all. Room had the typical Radisson amenities (great shampoo), a comfortable double bed with soft pillows, and an old-fashioned TV. No bathrobes or slippers in standard class - a minus. Minibar is very expensive for Tallinn. City view was stunning at night. Wireless internet was weak in the room but fast in the rooftop lounge and in breakfast room. Hotel location is great - Stockmann, Viru shopping mall, and the new Solaris all nearby. No concierge service but frontdesk staff make reservations, give information etc. They were friendly to do restaurant table reservation for us on two nights. Lounge 24 is stylish and has good service. View is the best you can get in Tallinn. Gym is small - it has free weights, some simple machines, and cardio machines with TV screens - 30% of these machines didn't work (both stationery bikes were broken). There is a fee for the gym if you book a standard room - but they don't seem to care about it. The first person at reception said we were to pay but when I asked about it again another lady said it's for free. Sauna was small but clean. Information on sauna hours is inconsistent - in the morning in room directory, in the evening as check-in info, and all day if you go and check the sauna yourself (with room key). The breakfast goes till 11am and has a large variety of warm and cold foods. It is good standard. Good cold cuts, some fruits, and many other options. It gets crowded towards the end and staff don't smile (typical Tallinn) and are slow to clean up the tables. I hope they get some improvements as the hotel could compete with Swissotel if they make some things better. I might still stay here again if I get a good fare (location is good) but prefer the neighboring Swissotel (everything is better), Radisson Blu Olümpia (much better rooms and high floor pools), or Meriton Grand (location is worse, rooms worse but gym is fantastic and you have a free quality spa to use as a hotel guest).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank henri_s
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2011

Me and my wife had stayed for 4 days in this hotel during our short trip to Tallinn.

The location is very nice: a 2-5 min walking distance from most major shopping centres including Viru Keskus, Kaubamaja,Solaris, Stockmann (Rocca al Mare is easily accessible using the bus from Sokos Hotel which is the same building as Viru Keskus), hotel is a 10 minute ride on taxi from harbour terminals and like 15 minutes walk from old town and most museums.

There is a taxi stop just at the hotel entrance, some sightseeing bus tours start form here too.

We had a business class room on 21st floor.
The view was very very nice, room was quite spacious and comfortable.
A business class room is a bit bigger than a standard one, located on floors 21 through 24.
You get one tray breakfast included, one bath robe with slippers, free pay tv, free newspapers, free sauna and gym entrance, free unlimited use of Nespresso coffee machine in the room, trouser press, ironing facilities, free wi-fi internet and a tea pot beside usual minibar, last but not least, the room is cleaned 2 times a day, which is a major plus to me.
I also found very convenient to have a shoe cleaning machine in the hallway near elevator on our floor.
I would recommend to go for business class instead of a usual room every time, because it's much better for a not so noticeable price difference, especially if you book online and pay in advance.
The only downside I can think of about the room is that no matter if one or two persons stay, you will still get only one bath robe and a pair slippers, while it would be logical to assume to have those for every guest in the room.

Speaking of so-called Super Breakfast Buffet, well it's nice, no more no less, a good variety of foods, fast table cleaning, lasts until 11 am.
But there not so many tables and some people had to wait before they could sit.
I must point out that the staff of the restaurant did not pay attention to some things during breakfast: a fork for taking bacon fell on the floor, it was picked up and put back, but not replaced, at least during a couple of minutes i watched.

Reception and room service staff were very helpful and polite, spoke both my native language and English equally well.

All in all it was a really pleasant stay with no misfortunes.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

the location is perfect. there is a roofgarden with city view and great coffe. only if you go arount 22.00 they don't have anything to eat.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mouzaki
Thetford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

This stay was very pleasant. My business team received a complementary business package upgrade that included free internet. I liked the roof top bar as well. I enjoyed my stay here.

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2010

I didn’t give this hotel the best rating a year back, when I wrote the review: "Average, dont trust all the reviews". However I have been deeply impressed by the staff lately. Two months after my first review I got upgraded for my next stay with a nice card from the manager and a basket of fruit. This time they told me how much they appreciate me coming back over and over again. It’s not the upgrade in itself, but it’s a feeling you get when they seem to appricate the business you bring…

As a SAS Eurobbonus junky, with more than 500` points, I said in the last review that if they remove the basic points for Eurobonus I am moving to a new hotel... I have to admit that I now sallow the loss (still get compensated with 500 extra points), due to the great service they have shown lately.

The facilities etc is not five star, but the service is!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business