Pros: Great location in the old town. Beautiful lobby. Excellent breakfast. Courteous staff. Elevators. Free computer use and internet access. Some rooms have great views (see picture).
Cons: Small rooms. No air conditioning (or it didn't work during the hot spell while we were there). No taxi access to hotel. Taxi drop off/pick up is about a block from the hotel. No bellhop assistance. Poor housekeeping.
Comments: I stayed at the Barons for 3 nights. There were 4 of us (women) and we had 2 rooms next to each other. The decision to stay there was based on good online reviews. It seemed like the perfect unique hotel with all our preferred amenities. I was quite disappointed in the service provided but the history and beauty of the building was not understated.
· The taxi dropped us off about a block away and we had to struggle with our luggage up the narrow street to the hotel.
· At the hotel we asked if there we could have someone assist us with our luggage to our rooms. They said there was no such service at the hotel. When we left we also couldn’t obtain assistance to the taxi stand. Four young male employees just stood around and watched us struggle with our luggage. That in itself is enough reason never to stay at the Barons again.
· Our rooms were small but nice. They would be great for one person but were crowded with 2.
· Since one of us has asthma and other allergies, we requested a room designated for people with allergies. Surprisingly, this room was so full of dust that we had to clean before we settled in. It looked like the floor had not been swept for a very long time and the “fireplace” hadn’t been dusted in a while.
· We had no problems the first day. The second day only the towels were changed. The beds were not made and both rooms were out of toilet paper and soap. When the reception desk was informed. They did nothing about the beds but sent up toilet paper and soap. They said they would let management know but no apologies were given and management never contacted me.
Conclusion: Nice hotel but has inconsistent housekeeping and poor customer service. I have stayed in other hotels in Tallinn that I would recommend before the Barons.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barons Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barons Hotel Tallinn