“Very good hotel with great location”

Park Inn by Radisson Central Tallinn
Ranked #27 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I stayed in Reval Central Hotel during one conference I attended in March. The reservation process itself was a bit tricky as hotel website did not offer the best price. I found the lowest rate at booking.com. So, even they promise best price on their website I would recommend to look around a bit. The hotel itself is in center of Tallinn but same time away from main street which make the rooms very quiet. Rooms are clean and with normal size. The restaurant in the lobby was closed however everywhere it was said that it will be open till 22:00. But the staff was helpful and they got a dinner in my room from a restaurant that is doing some cooperation with the hotel. The wireless internet was free (that is usual in Estonia but not everywhere else) and with very good speed. So, overall I do not complain as everything was taken care of.

Overall I would say that for me it was a very good stay with perfect price. The location is super and rooms are very good ones.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 March 2010

Tallinn was our final point during the trip via 3 baltic capital-cities. Booked this one hotel via hotel web-site directly, and now I may say, there was 3 reasons to do it and stay there:
- I had imagination about placement, and it is great (only few minutes (about 5) for walking distance to Old Town, downtown;
- I've got nice rate for short-term accomodation (3 night for price of 2, as a result it was only 40 euro for double room);
- it looks like comfortably renovated, with modern style, calm room interiors, and that's really good value for this price - very pleasant bathroom, spacious room, electronic chip-cards as your room-key, TV, phone in the Standard room;
- tea-spot in the room and every morning they had bring tea-bags for - little, but pleasant thing anyway; also the are slippers and bathrobe in your room - also was surprise for such hotel's category;
- excellent breakfast - I've got my lovely fish in some kind for breakfast in Baltic states only, and I've got this one specific "detail" for breakfast in Reval Central as well, that's great!
We stayed there in quite hot summer days, and I'm not first time in Tallinn, so, it was not problem to reach one of free of charge city's municipale beaches, in Pirita - it's easy to reach by trolleybus, stop near the hotel.
So... I hope to stay in this hotel while I'm going to visit Tallinn again, not in summer only )

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Very clean, central hotel with friendly personnel. The room I stayed was really huge. Bathroom is as clean and functional as in a 5 star hotel. The breakfast was not so impressing but it was good, you can almost have lunch there as there is served many hot dishes for the breakfast. The most interesting one I saw was the porridge and cinnamon sugar which we consume a lot here in Denmark - it was for the first time that I saw this is served at a hotel. A few less positive experiences: The bed was little too soft for me although I am not an overweight. The entrance of the hotel is not on the street but you get there through a passage, behind the building - that is not minus but you could be surprised if you do not know it. Overall: you get much more than what you pay for at this hotel. I would certainly take it again, no doubt. oops: I should add free wi-fi internet connection, as well, that functioned very well.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2010

Nice hotel, all you need, friendly staff, luxery if you need and can afford it,, but a very good standard, and placed in center of beautyful Tallinn

Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 18 January 2010

I stayed at the Reval Hotel in January 2010 for two nights with some friends. We booked two twin rooms and got a special weekend rate of 19 Euros per room per night with breakfast included.

The hotel is a large modern building situated a short walk (5 minutes or so) to the Old Town. The twin rooms were clean and simple if the decoration was a little dated. The rooms were also a good size and you did not feel like you were sleeping on top of the other person. The shower worked well and the room was nice and warm (even when it was -12C outside). The only real problem with the rooms is that the single beds were quite soft and didn't offer much support.

The staff were professional and spoke English, although they weren't especially friendly. We didn't use the breakfast and accordingly I can't comment on this. The hotel had free Wi-Fi throughout, but when we stayed this seemed a bit slow and temperamental.

This was a good budget hotel, which would normally only justify four stars. However, I've given it 5 stars because of the fantastic rate we got (under 10 Euro a night per person), which made it excellent value for money.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Staines27
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I've stayed at this hotel two times and generally, I first have to give my recommendation to the whole Reval chain, which in my opinion seems very well runned. The Central lies in the middle of the shopping district, close to the medeaval center. The service of this hotel is always great, the hotel is clean and the food is also very good. I can recommend the Club Sandwich in the hotel bar / lobby area. Like in Riga, at Reval Hotel Latvija, its very tasty. Anyway, given the price and the quality of the hotel, the central location and the modern feel, its a pick in Tallinn. I would specially recommend the executive rooms, some with terasses, which you can get for some more kroners. The only thing that really irritated me was the ineffective elevator. But this seems to be a problem on many hotels around in Europe. On the very positive side, the hotel offers free Internet.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2009

At 29 euros a night for the 2 of us with breakfast, this was great value.
It is situated only 5 mins walk from the old town which is very convenient.
Our room was simple, clean, spacious and warm considering it was -15 outside. No noisey nightclubs or roads outside, only noise is other guests coming back at whatever hours.
Buffet breakfast has a great selection for the price. Coffee from the machine was the worst we have tasted though, so stuck to tea. A bizarre observation was the obsession of Russian speaking guests to horde as much fruit as they could at breakfast!
We found the reception staff friendly and helpful. There is free internet in the lobby and wifi practically everywhere in Tallinn, even in the middle of the park!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple