“Good hotel, great location, fantastic staff!”

My City Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Cape Town
“Good hotel, great location, fantastic staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were a large group who stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding. At the outset, I must say that we were all extremely pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel (having perhaps mentally been of the opinion that it was not a 'top' place). In particular, the rooms were spacious with a flat screen tv and decently sized bathroom. However, where this hotel truly excels is in two areas: its location (right on the periphery of Old Town and in close proximity to good restaurants and bars); the other, and perhaps most important, is the hotel's excellent staff who were always friendly, and no matter how ridiculous the request (such as where to purchase an outfit for the groom for a hastily arranged bachelor party (thanks Grete) or to help pen a few Estonian words to include in a speach to a half-Estonian wedding party (thanks Annike)), the help received was efficient and with a smile. The breakfast was also decent. Well done My City - your staff are fantastic, and I hope you keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review! I am truly touched by your comments and appreciate a lot that you also share these here in Tripadvisor.com. It is most important for us that our guests enjoy the stay with us and I'm glad that you and your group were happy here.

You are always warmly welcomed back to My City Hotel and me with my team will do the best to keep up (and also in some areas improve) the service.

Once again, thank you!

Wishing you nice summer,
Killu Maidla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Maasmechelen, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

We are very pleased with the kindness of the staff. Could ask anything. Ambulance, taxi, calls. They work hard, their English is very good and they are all lovely. Thank you very much.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Dear Madam,

thank you for all the kind words. I'm really proud to hear your comments towards our staff. I will do the best to keep up the service. We do try to take best care of our guests here and of course pay special attention when situations need that.
I hope all is well with your family and wish you always warm welcome back to Tallinn and My City Hotel!
Helsinki
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

in the middle of the city , but the airconditioner was dropping all night so difficult to sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Dear Sir,

thank you for your comments on your stay in My City Hotel!
I am sorry to hear that air-conditioner in your room has caused some inconveniences. I would appreciate if you could contact me by e-mail killu@mycityhotel.ee, to inform me what was the room number, so we could fix the problem.
I hope that otherwise your visit to Tallinn has been nice and pleasant and you have enjoyed your stay also in My City Hotel!
Me and my team are looking forward to welcoming you here again!
Algarve, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

Having read lots of news that Tallinn is becoming a modern and elegant small town (which is indeed confirmed by the visits we have made outside the old town) we got to the hotel with the expectation that this would correspond to these developments.
It was a disappointment. Although very well located in the old town is a typical modern hotel but there was nothing remarkable. The room was rather small even inside, or have place where put the bags.
The bathroom had no tub, but had a good shower, including a step to sit. The commodities were very poor, had no shampoo.
The breakfast was also poor and never had place to seat, when we arrived, we had to wait forever.
I however note that this is not a bad hotel. As I have said is well located and corresponds to a standard. I probably had too high expectations. ...….

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MEAFaro
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Dear guest,

First of all - thank you for staying with us and for your sincere review!
I am really sad to learn that your visit was disappointment. I do understand that we somehow met all the standards, but the fact that we did not meet your expectations is same important for us.
I am taking seriously your remark about crowded breakfast. It was probably one of those few days we had a very large group staying with us. This is quite seldom (as hotel is rather small), but we should be more prepared. We have space available in front of the main breakfast room and should use it more efficiantly during these periods.

Once again I thank you for your feedback - it's really important tool for us, to develop and improve our service. I hope you will give Tallinn and our hotel a second chance!

Sincerely yours,
My City Hotel
killu@mycityhotel.ee
Karlsruhe, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Just a great hotel for the price. Great location, very friendly and efficient staff, good parking, very fast internet (important since other places to park are rare in the old city)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stayed there for 1 night. Hotel location is perfect, just in heart of everything. Hotels has a yard parking space for cars, safe and very easy. Rooms are spacious, good 4 tar standard. Very good breakfast. We had nice view to the square with fontaine.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

From the Airport, off the new K90 bus, it's a 200 meter walk to the hotel which is spotelssly clean, has very nice bedrooms with a/c etc. etc.You get a more than adequate breakfast and the hotel is situated about 200 meters from the Old Town so it all works very, very well.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Dear Sir,

First of all - thank you for staying in My City Hotel!
I also want to thank you for your very positive review, I will have the pleasure to pass the compliments about spotlessly clean rooms to our cleaning team.

Wishing you nice summer
on behalf of all our team,

Hotel Manager