“It was great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Kirkkonummi, Finland
“It was great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

There was first gently staff and place was good. Breakfast was exellent and many-sided.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dundee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

This was a lovely hotel, nicely decorated with a spacious room and a huge kingsize + bed. The breakfasts were good with plenty of choice. The location was excellent with Freedom Square and the Town Hall only a couple of streets away.

Hotel staff were friendly and efficient.

Only downside of the hotel was a nightclub across the street which was very noisy on the Wednesday night, but was quieter the rest of the week - would not let this put you off staying in otherwise what is a lovely hotel.

If we went back to Tallinn we would stay here again and would be confident in recommending to family/ friends.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

1 Thank view_from_the_pier
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Dear Madam,

thank you for staying with us and for your very positive and detailed review.
I am glad to see that you were very happy with hotel and our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Tallinn!

Sincerely yours,
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed with my kids during August for 5 nights. The position of the hotel is excellent as it is in the middle of everything!!!! We had 2 rooms with connecting door which was very spacious and very very clean!!!! No noise at night as I saw in other reviews and looking in the parking are as it wasn't a problem for us. The breakfast very adequate and a lot of choices! The staff always helpfull and kind and with a smile on their face!!! I certainly choose this hotel the next time I will visit the beautiful Tallin!!! Thank you for everything!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 9 September 2011
Dear Mrs Milano,

thank you! Thank you for choosing My City Hotel for your stay in Tallinn and for your very positive feedback. It really makes us happy to read good comments in Tripadvisor.com.
We are looking forward to your next stay in our hotel, I hope you will be even more happy with us then - we really do the best to improve the service every day.

Sincerely yours,
St Fillans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

This hotel is nicely located on the edge of the old town, and not far from the airport. Rooms are clean, of a good standard, and well maintained. Price is reasonable, and the staff are pleasant and welcoming. However, all of this is completely negated by the worst parking ripoff ever. €20 to park in their car park! Because of this, I'd advise people to think again about staying there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sir,

First of all - thank you for staying with us! I am glad to hear that you found hotel really nice and staff friendly. We do our best to keep it this way.

I am extremely disapointed to hear that you consider our parking that expensive. Old town area itself has very limited parking space and if you park in city streets, it will cost over 100 euros per overnight. At the same time hotel (with also quite limited parking places) charges 20 euros and the parking is in guarded and closed privat area.
Many old town and city centre hotels in Tallinn don't have the private parking area available at all. I am glad we do, but of course maintaining it has it's costs as well.

I am sorry that this fact has caused you such disapointment. I hope you would still consider us when you are travelling to Tallinn again.

Sorry once again for disapointment and at the same time I also thank you for your honest and direct feedback.

With best wishes from Tallinn,
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

Just a quick review.
Spent 2 nights on a city break with my wife.
Positives. Hotel was spotless throughout. Could not fault cleanliness anywhere.
Location is superb. Just a couple of minutes walk to old town.
We only booked a standard room at back of hotel. The room was adequate with excellent soundproofing. Only 2 English speaking tv channels but we don't go away to watch tv!
Beds comfortable but only one pillow. No extra pillows available!
Negatives. The BIG letdown with this hotel was the breakfast.
Breakfast was awful if you wanted something hot. On offer was the usual continental bacon, sausage balls, fried potatoes, scrambled egg and beans. On both mornings all of the "hot" food was virtually cold. The bacon on 2nd morning was black! Looked awful.
I had decided on 2nd morning to have beans on toast but the toaster was absent. On enquiring it had broken!
There was a limited choice of cereal, cheese meats and limp salad.
The minibar in the rooms is obviously aimed at the business end of the market where these items are claimed as expenses. On arrival there was a bottle of Evian water on dressing table with label attached to it saying "4.5 euro"!! The minibar prices were staggering so we didn't make use of it.
We paid £35 pppn which is not cheap for Tallinn but taking into account the location and the hotel itself I would probably recommend it as you could probably find something suitable for breakfast.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ramtravellers,

Thank you for your review and very detailed feedback! I'm really sorry to hear about the poor breakfast quality. During last days I have been keeping an close eye on hot dishes at breakfast, to make sure everything is really at right temperature. I have agreed with our chef that he will take good care and pay special attention to hot table at breakfast. I truly hope that this issue was there for only one or two mornings.

Regarding extra pillows - you are absolutely right, we should have them available. When hotel is not full, we can easily use the pillows from empty rooms, but during the summer we were really almost always 100% full. To avoid that kind of situation for the future, I have already placed an order for 4 extra pillows and 4 extra blankets.

I am glad that all in all you found hotel to be nice and clean and you would recommend it. I am sincerely thankful for all your critics as well - this is the only way we can improve and offer better quality to our guests. Thank you for that!

With all the best wishes from sunny Tallinn,
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

We paid £105 in total for two nights through Expedia. This is astonishing value, considering we got the following:

- a clean, comfortable room
- a good night's sleep (despite being about 10 yards from a nightclub - the windows are soundproofed)
- city centre location, about 3 minutes walk from the main square
- decent breakfast
- good service from the staff

We ate in the self service restaurant at the Solaris shopping centre, situated about 100 yards away. If you want to eat well but save money then this is the place - good quality food at low prices, and the staff wear traditional costumes! There are other restaurants here as well - all looked to be cheaper than their equivalents in the touristy parts of town.

Tallinn is lovely, and we'll return to this hotel next time we visit.

Dear sir,

Thank you for choosing My City Hotel for your stay in Tallinn! I'm really happy to read that you were satisfied with hotel and service. I am also really greatful for your review in Tripadvisor.com - it is one of the good tools to understand what customers are really expecting from hotel and where we can improve the service.

I hope you will visit Tallinn again and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you in My City Hotel again!

With best wishes,
Killu Maidla / Hotel manager
Bornholm, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

The hotel has a very fine location in the old town of Tallinn.
The rooms are clean and good beds.
Very skilled and friendly people at the reception front desk.
Good breakfast!

Room Tip: Our room was 207 with window out to the street and square, but the windows was mounted with double g...