“Clean, good location and reasonable prices.”

My City Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in January, My City Hotel is easy to find if you do a small amount of research before you leave, a 2 Euro bus ride to and from the airport, the bus stop is no more than 5 minutes walk.
We had a superior room which by European standards was very large, the water pressure in the shower was the best I have ever experienced, what a wake up. One moan, only 2 sachets of coffee for 2 people per day, take some of your own.
The breakfast we thought was very good, an excellent selection of hot and cold, I particularly enjoyed the pancakes.
2 bars less than a minute from the hotel that are both worth a mention, Shooters & Nimeta, they are next door to each other, we had lunch & dinner in both, the food on each visit was excellent and not at all expensive, also they both employ a happy 2 hours at times of the day bringing the beer down to 1.5 Euro for half a litre, both are popular with locals, always a good sign.
Finally well done to the cleaners that kept My City Hotel spotless despite the snow constantly being dragged in on feet.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fishstorm
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for your very detailed feedback! I'm really happy to read that you were enjoying your visit to Tallinn. I'm glad you pointed out the good quality of the breakfast - must add that starting from this morning we have even further updated our breakfast service by adding fresh ground Lavazza coffee (also espresso, cappuccino and latte) to make sure the mornings start even more bright!
Thank you also for mentioning about coffee and tea sachets in Superior rooms - it is a good idea to have more available and I will make sure we will make this change soon. However - there is really no need to bring them with you, if you ask from reception, we will surely provide you some additional.
I'm glad you stayed with My City Hotel and truly hope we have the chance to welcome you here again!

With all the best wishes,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2012

The hotel is in an excelent location in Tallin.
The hotel itself was great value for money with pleasant and helpful staff.
Rooms were clean and tidy with coffee/tea making faclities.
Overall i found it excellent value for money and would stay there again when i return to Tallin perhaps in the summer.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisy late at night and early morning at weekend
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
KilluMaidla, Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying in My City Hotel and for your positive review in Tripadvisor.com. I'm glad you found our hotel nice and tidy and of course I agree with your compliments on location. We hope to welcome you here again and I'm sure you will find even some small improvements here!

Always warm welcome to Tallinn and My City Hotel!

On behalf of all our team,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 January 2012

A real gem in the heart of Tallinn's old town. Just a few minutes walk from all the major attractions. The hotel itself was a pleasant surprise. The room, whilst a little on the small side, was both clean and comfortable and certainly did the job. If you're thinking of using the spa facilities, it's worth noting that there is an extra charge - even for hotel residents. A taxi from the airport was only 7 euros. On the whole I'd say, if you're looking for a cheap & cheerful hotel within easy reach of Tallinn's main attractions, then you wont find any better than this.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cueball135

Dear guest,

thank you for staying in My City Hotel and for your positive review here in Tripadvisor.com. We really appreciate when our guests send comments about the hotel and service and we take it very seriously. Thank you for your compliments for clean and comfortable room and sorry you found it a bit small. I must admit that rooms are all a little bit different in size - that comes with the old building, what was not planned for hotel originally. However, we do try to make sure people feel comfortable in all our rooms and enjoy also good location in the heart of old town!

The extra charge for sauna is applied as it's quite small and we can offer it for our guests only for private use, it is not used as public sauna. I hope you understand.

Once again - thank you for staying with us and we sertainly hope there is a chance to welcome you back in our small hotel!

Yours sincerely,
Hotel manager

Reviewed 27 December 2011

The hotel is very well located, in the heart of the Unesco listed Old Town. The rooms are nice and hotel very light, though the rooms facing the street may be a bit noisy during the weekends as the hotel is across the street from one of the biggest nightclubs. Staff is helpful and friendly, creating cozy atmosphere. Superior rooms are more spaceful. Btw, the hotel has very comfortable beds and pillows, something I seldom say about a hotel :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank zelen200
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I had a chance to go to Tallinn for a short visit and stayed at My City Hotel. It was one of the best hotels in Tallinn. The hotel is located in Tallinn's historic Old Town which is a must if you're visiting Tallinn. The hotel was decorated tastefully with big paintings hanging on the walls. The interior was light and airy with a very warm atmosphere. The staffs were very professional and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Very nice hotel, with an excellent location in the old town, everything is only a short walk away. The rooms are big and has all you need. Very frendly staff. Breakfast buffet is ok, I give it 3 out of 5, some essential stuff were missing like orange juice.

Room Tip: If you are a NON smoker you should awoid staying on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed 2 nights here last weekend with friends and the hotel had a great location in the centre of the old town, breakfast was very nice and the staff helpful. Our room was perfect for our requirements and our only complaint was the shower temperature which went up and down very quickly - the pressure was good though!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends