“This Hotel may not have the X Factor but it was still Amazing”

My City Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Hotel is in an excellent location for visiting Tallinn. Friendly and obliging staff who assissted with our travel plans and ideas for excursions in the surrounding areas. Travelled with two teenage boys.Rooms were very comfortable, clean and spacious. We stayed in early April and enjoyed seeing Tallinn both in sunshine and covered in snow. The shoe polisher by the lift cleaned our boots a treat after a day walking in the snow!
We would recommend this hotel and would certainly return again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Thank you for an extremely enjoyable stay in Tallinn over the weekend. I found all of the staff very friendly and accommodating. This started off with a free small bottle of Estonian Liquor for all the guests in our party for the inconvenience of a problem with the airport transfer which was not the fault of anyone at the Hotel. The final 2 nights we had the pleasure of meeting your receptionist Kristi who was very professional and courteous towards our party even if one or two of them had had a few too many beers. Thank you again for an excellent stay and I will no doubt recommend the hotel to all that I speak to about our trip to Tallinn. John

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My cousin and I spent a long weekend in Tallinn, staying at My City Hotel. It is in a very central location, ideal for exploring the Old Town. Taxi from the Airport was ten Euros and took about 15 minutes. I had previously emailed the hotel requesting a room with a view and this was acknowledged by response, however the room we were given was at the very end of the building and faced the side of the Cinema/Nightclub, so not really a view! However, the room was smart and clean. Bathroom had just a shower and a couple of wash gels and shower caps were supplied each day.

The disappointment was the breakfast. One both days we had to keep asking for items - no coffee, no bowls, no bread rolls etc. It just wasn't adequately stocked and although the room was busy on both days, the staff obviously couldn't cope. The hot food was warm/cold and for a four star hotel I found the breakfast very disappointing compared with other four star hotels I have stayed it as the choice was pretty limited and not enough put out (ie one small basket for rolls and one small basket for croissants).

Reception staff were very helpful and it was nice to be able to use the free internet in reception to sent an email back home to let family know we were ok. The reception staff also looked after our bags after check out until we returned later in the day to travel home.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We where looking for a great hotel in the old town, and with the reviews here on tripadvisor, we thought this was perfect. And location wise it was. Right in the heart of everything.

Walking in the first night - my thought was WOW. The reception area looked amazing, the reception staff friendly and helpful, though their English could be improved ALOT.
The wow factor did not continue when we walked into our small room, made smaller with an extra bed (We did order a triple room, right?). My friend who got the extra bed complained the whole stay of a sore back after sleeping on a bed that felt just as hard as the floor.

The first morning entering the breakfast room, I was hugely disappointed, Sure there where food there, but the assortment was nowhere near what I expected from a 4 star hotel.
The breakfast staff the first day was a couple of young girls, very friendly, smiling all the time- the next days they where nowhere to be seen, instead there was two middle aged ladies, who looked as they had been eating lemon for breakfast. No smiles there.

So overall- if what you want is a great location this is great. But if you want a good breakfast and a roomy room- then you need to find something else or order superior..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stine E
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed in a standard room which was quite small, but attractive. Bathroom was tiny but loved those heated floors. The included breakfast was wonderful with many choices and fresh food. The reception staff was super friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for walking around the old town. There are many choices of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mosaicarol
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed in MyCity hotel in March 2012 for our wedding that took place in Tallinn and so did around 20 of our guests from different parts of the world. The superior rooms are very comfortable, clean and good size and the location is excellent, just in the middle of old town which was important to our guests from abroad. The service is very good and friendly, especially the General Manager of the hotel who was helping us a lot with wedding related arrangements and could have not been more nice and helpful. All our guests were happy and satisfied with their stay too, only complaint I heard was about one night when there were a few very loud drunk people outside the hotel making some noise, but this is not the hotel's fault :) Definetly to be recommended by us all!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hene L
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed at hotel end Febraury arrived early (11.30) before check in time of 2pm staff could not have been more welcoming, upgraded our room so we could get settled in earlier.Breakfast at hotel was superb with plenty of choice. Staff were all wonderful and very helpful.Hotel in excellent location for old town, (out the door take a left round the corner and you are there) In all we had a lovely city break and would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple