“Excellent hotel in Tallinn Old City”

My City Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Very clean, friendly and helpful staff, close to the old town - in fact it is in the old town. Bars and restaurants less than a minutes walk away. Airport bus stops 300 metres away and costs 2 Euros. Other buses and trams stop at a similar distance. Good choice at breakfast.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less street noise and views over city
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lakesfellwalker

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Standard room is very small and the opposite bar keeps guests up even on weeknights.it is also pity nowadays hotels have no bellboys, one needs to drag own suitcases no matter how heavy. The staff (the one person at reception) is very friendly and helpful. Unfortunate also that hotel charged unused minibar costs from many of my 20pax group.

Room Tip: If light sleeper avoid rOoms facing the square
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank minna_s_12
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Good location. Istayed hotel 31.8-2.9. Very well located on the edge to the old town. There's all you need. I can recommend this hotel. The location is good if you want to go to old town. The staff of the hotel is very friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We spent one night here recently after finding this hotel on trip advisor. It is a very nice hotel, very clean and modern. We had a standard room which though not especially big, it suited our needs just fine. There was actually a lot of storage space (armoire, dresser, night stands) so if you are staying a few days, there was a lot of places to put your clothes and whatnot. The bathroom was a good size with a very nice shower with a bench/shelf in it. We didn't find the noise to be an issue and we had a room overlooking the street/square. Breakfast was good with a variety of eggs, cereal, bacon, sausage, fruit, breads etc. as well as juice, tea and coffee (cappucino machine I believe too). The staff was friendly and helpful and there was a computer with internet access in the lobby. The price was decent and I would stay here again if I were to visit Tallinn again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We stayed at My City Hotel for 3 nights starting August 12. We took a taxi from the airport (10 minutes 8 Euros). Our room faced the square but we did not have any noise issues as mentioned by other reviewers. The room was a nice size, very clean with all amenities. Breakfast was adequate but not noteworthy. I hope to someday return to Tallinn someday and would certainly again stay at My City Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Great location on the edge of old town. It was a short easy walk to really good restaurants, nice shopping and lots of street activity. The staff of the hotel is very friendly and very helpful. Unlike other reviewers, although I had a room facing the steet/square, I heard no noise. The windows are very well insulated. The room was nice sized and the breakfast was good. Across the street is a nice little spa where I had a very good facial.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I stayed in My city hotel 20-24 August.
It's very well located on the edge to the old town and I paid under 8€ for the taxi to the hotel. There is all you need within walking distance from the hotel, restaurants and pubs. As others have written there is quite a bit of noise pollution coming from the street/square in front of the hotel, so if you are sensitive you need to make sure you get a room to the court if you want to sleep.
The staff was very helpful with making reservations for restaurants, taxis and so on. Check-in and out was reasonably quick too.
The breakfast is ok, nothing special. Often a bit of queue to get the good coffee (latte, cappuccino or espresso) from the Jura machine. Not many cereals to choose from, but the nice dark bread was there.
I first got a room really smelling from smoke, but was given a new room when turning to the reception. Carrying all bags myself just to find out that I now got the room next to the lift…. The new room had not been properly 'housekeeped' and there was soap missing but more tragic was there no toilet paper in the bathroom. This was done when I requested it from the reception. When returning to the room after a long day the second day I found my room in a very poor state, it was not cleaned. This could not be done as the housekeepers had left for the day. The next days there was no issues with the cleaning.
In general an ok hotel, just make sure you get a room to the back and see that the cleaning is done. I'm not sure I would come back, it's not too bad but there are other hotels in similar location.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street/square
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carl S
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear Sir,

first of all - thank you for your time to give us feedback! I am not proud to read your comments, the issue with cleaning is absolutely not acceptable and I have by now done serious research and addressed this problem properly with our housekeeping.
There is no excuse for leaving the room uncleaned and missing toilet paper is a big mistake as well. Together with my housekeeping superviser we are now daily monitoring very carefully the cleaning of rooms. I hope this will exclude the possibility of that kind of mistakes in the future.
I will also look into our breakfast menu to improve it further, if there is anything special you would like to see there, please let me know. Our guests feedback and suggestions are really highly valued and we all here do our best to further improve our performance.

I hope you will give us the chance to welcome you here in My City Hotel again and I truly hope your next visit will be very enjoyable and you will be pleased with us!

Sincerely yours,