“Magical City”

Ranked #8 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
ny ny
“Magical City”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Tallinn is a magical city and our stay at My City Hotel could not have been better
(well maybe, breakfast starts on the weekends at 8 and we had to be at the train station by then)

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious and the bed comfy.
On Friday night the street noise was a bit loud but not enough to keep us awake.
The location of the hotel was perfect....a short walk around the block to the center square, but far enough away to avoid the crowds and noise.

We travelled for 3 weeks and this was one of my favorite hotels. Also had a great selection for breakfast!

Room Tip: to avoid the street noise request a room in the back or on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My City Hotel was a wonderful place to stay. Great location. Everyone was very nice and most helpful. Helped us make reservations for our next stop. At the end of our trip we returned to My City Hotel for one more night and loved it again.
Breakfast was wonderful. We would return.

Room Tip: The rooms are small, but more then adequate. The first room we were had a wonderful bathroom. Huge...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jeanc312
Turku
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

My City Hotel is rated 4stars, but in my oppinion is not that high class. The hotel looks good from the out side and is far from shabby inside, but still...something is missing. Breakfast was dissapointing, coffee excellent - croissants baked yesterday. Everything running low all the time, staff didn't wish us good morning or see you - nothing.
Rooms were clean, nice and beds were comfy.

• Stayed August 2013
MILANO
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel is in the centre of the old town but not on main touristic routes and for this reason there is no noise from outside.
The standard room was comfortable, recently refurbished and clean but not very spacious (nevertheless ok for a few nights stay). The air-conditioning system is a little bit noisy but I do suggest to avoid hotels without a/c unless you are travelling outside July / August.
Breakfast was included in the room price and was good as well.

Room Tip: superior rooms are bigger and have bathtub instead of shower nevertheless all the rooms are recently...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We found My City Hotel to be excellent. We had a street facing room on the 4th floor over looking a fountain. Double glazing meant there was no outside noise. The room (superior) was clean, comfortable and well appointed with tea and coffee making facilities. Staff were very helpful and we were spoilt for choice at breakfast time.

The very handy location as far as viewing old Tallinn goes, meant we could wander the streets in the morning and then return to the hotel for coffee and a break before setting out again to explore another part of the city.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I've been to Tallinn at least 15 times and 8 of them stayed in different hotels. My city hotel was absolutely the best of all! We were as a group of two couples and 10 months old baby. We got rooms from the first floor at the end of the corridor. I asked for silent rooms and that was what we got. Rooms are large and stylish. The lobby area is great. The breakfast was included and it was ok. The location couln't be better, just in the Old town, within walking distance of everything.

I would definitely stay in My City Hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jenninen
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice, comfortable hotel in a fantastic spot right by old town. Wonderful breakfast spread. Courteous staff we had minor trouble with our room keys, but these were handled quickly and professionally. Not overly fancy, but just right for traveling and seeing the sights!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family