“geat place to stay in tallin”

My City Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 21 September 2013

my city hotel is up to date and centrally located. Can walk to every site worth seeing in tallin. great breakfasts and a wonderful staff. I think we will definitely stay here again. was pleasantly surprised by how nice the hotel was.

Room Tip: take a cab from the airport
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for My City Hotel Tallinn

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We spent 4 nights in late September in a cozy corner room with excellent breakfast choices. The staff was superb - always eager to help and guide us to where we needed to go. It was very quiet and clean, but the location was perfect - right in Old Town and within walking distance of everything. We loved Tallinn and this hotel!

Room Tip: Top floor corner
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have stayed at My City Hotel as well as at Domina City (as it was called previously) about 10 times in the past 8 years. Most rooms are quite small, breakfast buffet is somewhat basic, however you cannot beat the location - right in the Old Town. Love being able to walk everywhere from the hotel...

Room Tip: Opt for the larger room option. Basic rooms may feel a bit claustrophobic
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Perfect little hotel in a heart of an old city of Tallinn. Everything we wanted to see was in the walking distance from the hotel.
Service was good and the staff was helpfull. They recommended good restaurants and clubs for us also.
Rooms were clean and nice.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The My City Hotel is in very good place and it's easy to go Tallin old town and sity from there. The room was very clean, but we didn't have very good landskape from our window.

The brekfast war really desappointment: very many food was eaten and containers were empty.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and enjoyed the experience very much. The location is good and the staff is excellent. The room was small but manageable. The air conditioning worked and we were very comfortable. It is clean and well kept with a lift. It was a very good choice to explore the city

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This time I have to disagree with many highly valued TA reviewers, whose opinions have almost exclusively been of great help.

Biggest problem is the breakfast room with only one coffee making machine which provides fairly lukewarm coffee (even black coffee is not hot enough). My advice to management is to have somebody pouring more coffee to guests sitting in the tables to avoid the queueing.
As for quality otherwise, I see no problem, but the habit of bringing more options during the breakfast-time is a bit confusing, if you come very early, there is less to choose compared later on. However the pineapple was wonderfully cut to small pieces, i have never seen it cut this nice way ( Sunday 8.9.2013).

In the rooms, the banging of closing doors was quite loud and could be felt even in the headboard when leaning against it. AC unit was really loud, luckily you don´t need it in September at night time. Bathroom was ok, shower stall watertight, pillows suited my taste and bed was comfortable enough.

During check out at noon, there was only one person and for one guest there was confusion of the price of the water bottle available at the bedside table (3 EUR but the receptionist ask for 3.80 EUR) and of the parking payment. This took plenty of time.

I have stayed in many other hotels in Tallinn and this is one hotel I am not planning to stay twice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo