“Pleasant stay in Tallinn”

My City Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Tallinn
Prague, Czech Republic
“Pleasant stay in Tallinn”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great location, very good food, nice rooms. Everyone very helpful, After service perfect. Needed change invoice and all was done in 5 minutes via email. I have enjoyed breakfast even though to go could be bigger. Michal

Room Tip: i had room inside the block so very quite
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Aosta, Italy
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The location is right in the centre of Old City, it just could not be better. Yet the price is incredibly low for that kind of location. Very polite, nice and helpful staff. Fast free wifi all over the place. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed here 3 nights in October 2013. Very polite & nice staff, excellent breakfast with also gluten & dairy free bread.
Good & fast wifi connection, perfect location...
I recommend!

The only thing I missed was a kettle to boil tea late at night in my room.

A gym could be nice too. On the other hand, Tallinn seems like a fantastic place to jog with its many large parks, see sides, stairs and so on.

Perfect choice for romance or work.

Room Tip: someone said that it's better to avoid the first floor if your room's windows are facing the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
lancastrian
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My friend and I recently spent a four night stay at My City.The location could not be better, being only yards from the Town Square and other local attractions. The hotel is beautiful, it is spotlessly clean, has a good choice of breakfast and the art work on the walls adds to the ambiance of the building. However, we were left disappointed and frustrated by one small detail- a lack of pillows.

Each bed had one very soft pillow and although the brochure in the room clearly stated that if more pillows were required we only needed to ask at reception, when we did this we received two very different responses on two consecutive days. Firstly, I requested them at 10pm from a young man who was in reception and was informed that he would bring them to our room 'shortly.' We stayed awake until 11:30pm before realising he would not be answering our request. The following morning I spoke to him again and he informed me he had taken them to the wrong room! Later that day my friend again went to reception and requested them again, this time she was informed by a young lady that they, 'did not have any.' !!!!!!!!!

We were shocked by this especially as the brochure stated there was a choice of pillows available including anti allergy and wool. As we had not had a good nights sleep since we arrived, and had spent each day exploring the local area on foot, we weren't fussy and would have been grateful for any kind of pillow but sadly we never did receive them.

As I said, it would be hard to beat this hotel but is seems incredible that a 4 star hotel is unable to provide something as basic as pillows. As well as being frustrated by this situation, we were disappointed by the staff's responses.

I appreciate that this may seem a trivial detail but the lack of sleep resulted in our stay being good rather than perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank pattylancastrian
Hong Kong
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The decoration of this hotel is in a classic style. The location is good - 10-15 minutes walk to Sokos Hotel Viru where the bus stop to ferry terminal is & 5 minutes walk to the old town square. The staff is helpful. There are several restaurants nearby. It's a good base in Tallinn if you are there for the first time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank crazysoccer
Germany
Reviewed 30 October 2013

It was a great location. Clean, quiet, and good breakfast. We really liked our stay at My City Hotel. Was very nice to walk through old town and get back to the hotel to go to the bathroom or to take a nap. Was a very relaxing weekend. The staff were very helpful. Just a side note that we did not know...One warning is that the taxi's are not all the same. Some of them are private (but have TAXI on the top of car). cost us 30 euro for a trip to the airport (normally less than 9 euros!)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank CNMPAM
Tuusula, Finland
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel as we were celebrating my birthday with a group of friends. We chose the hotel based on previous reviews and because of it's location. We had a superior room and thought it was a very good size and nicely decorated. The only downside was that the room was facing the street and a large nightclub so it was a bit noisy during the night. In fact I was using earplugs on one of the nights as I found it difficult to sleep. For that reason I thought the room was a bit pricy, they could try to improve the soundproof.
The breakfast was okay, nothing fancy.
The best thing was that the old town was within walking distance as well as my 'birthdayparty venue' Hell Hunt pub.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends