“Weekend stay over”

My City Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 14 January 2014

+ Very good location, nice public areas, rooms quite well furnished, meeting facilities had plenty of room with lots of light, friendly staff both in reception and restaurant, quite good variety served at breakfast, also options for vegetarians

- Poor sound-proof, noice got into rooms both from corridors and the casino located just accross the street. Wall-to-wall carpet smelled very dusty in the room. The airconditioning was extremely loud. The door of the shower was really tight, hard to open. The room key cards didn't work well, they had to be re-coded at times during stay. At dinner some sharp plastic object was found in the risotto portion.

Room Tip: As far from the Casino as possible, more quiet rooms are nearer to the elevator
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MarruA

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Hotel was nice, clean. In restaurant there was a good food, good and friendly service. at reception we have got a good service in english. Some of our group has a room by the street and there were very bad noice at night..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This was our second stay in My City hotel - last year we stayed there at the same time and then I have written a very favorable review. This year in general our stay was good, but I must mention some small but obvious drawbacks if compared to our previous stay. Superior room 206 we had this year was smaller than room 203 last year, bathroom also smaller with no bidet and shower stall instead of normal bathtub. WiFi in the room though free of charge was very slow and fitful, so I could hardly use my i-pad. There is an electric kettle in the room which normally goes with tea, coffee and powder milk bags. When I asked maid why there was no coffee she sad the hotel ran out of it, but later brought me 5 last bags, as she said. As far as toiletries are concerned there was one bottle of body&hair gel and 1 piece of sugar-size soap for 2 persons in Superior room. I remembered they had body lotion, vanity kits etc. last year, so I again asked our maid and she brought us some, but we still had to buy a jar of coffee and soap bar at Kaubamaya. When I asked at reception for 10% discount shopping cards for non EU residents , distributed by hotels they again told me they have ran out of them. And the last thing - breakfast was good as before, but there was problem with drinks: juices were diluted to almost water state and very inefficient slow coffee machine, which was placed in narrow passage so that getting just one small cup of coffee was a real trouble. I very well understand that December is time of Christmas vacations for Western countries and the first week of January is vacation period for Russians and the hotels are fully packed but this happens every year and hotels must be ready for inrush of tourists. I do not want to be a faultfinder, but upon this small things making our stay in hotel nice and comfy we finally decide why we choose this very hotel.So, I hope the management of the hotel will take into consideration what was mentioned above without offence.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ivetta40
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This hotel is very good because it is located centrally and still reachable by taxi or car, it is very well maintained and clean, the staff is really friendly, the superior rooms are comfortable with all the ammenities, the breakfast is pleasant. Some noise from a nearby disco, but it did not disturb me. Perhaps not the cheapest but well worth the money.

1  Thank Peter J
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Wonderful hotel in old town.
Easy acces from harbour and to shops and cultural events. Professional staff. Good breakfast. Clean room. Nice bathroom.
Beds are not too big, but ok.
We got our rooms on arrival early morning. This was a nice surprise.
We were warned about the possible noice from the street. But couldn't hear anything during the night.

3  Thank Saritta D
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with wonderful art. Nice people and great service. Very Central and much netter than the big Brands. Beds sleep Well and the room are decent size. Free WiFi is also a plus. If you have questions staff is very helpfull. In the Middle of the old town so enough to do.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Maarten B
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We spent 4 nights at this hotel beginning of December. Travelled as families with children. Very nice hotel. Good breakfast. Friendly staff. 3 minutes walking to the Town Hall Square (exact centre of the Old Town). The only things which you have to notice are: rooms on the photos are much bigger then they are in fact ( very good camera man i guess. But the management honestly indicates rooms' m2 on web site) and the last thing is that in the building right across the small street is the night club. In winter time when windows are closed it will not bother you but in summer you'd better ask for rooms with the windows on the other side of the street

2  Thank tolyan74