“Very good locvation, very nice staff and pleasant atmosphere”

My City Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Helsinki, Finland
“Very good locvation, very nice staff and pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were on a trip with friends and reserved 2 rooms. Other room was with extra bed and it was OK. Rooms were on the 5th floor and very comfortable and well equipped.
This hotel is in the heart of old town.Everything can be reached by walk. The hotel is not too big and rooms are cosy.
Rental sauna is superb.

Room Tip: We paid some extra to get more spacious and comfortable rooms. It was worth of it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The purpose of our visit was to attend the State Symphony Orchestra concert at Estonia Concert Hall. The hotel is only abt 300 meters from the Estonian opera house in which the concert hall is located. Just a perfect walk, also if you want to attend an opera in the same building.

We had a standard double room, a bit small but very nice and comfy. Paid a pittance with a Groupon voucher. The girl told that the rack price would be 104 euros a night. Even that would be a good value.

The dinner was very nicely laid out and tasty. The 8 euro club sandwich offer had a touch of taste of Estonia's previous regime. It was a mistake for a dinner on the second night. The breakfast was flawless.

We highly recommend even if the name of the hotel is a bit silly.

Mollero and Ms. B

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mollero2014
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very good location in Old Town. Nice old building, well kept and upgraded. Scandinavian standard brakfast. Nice (finnish) sauna and jacuzzi, suitable for families or small groups. Possibility to park in the backyard was great. We will be back...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Finland
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Spend one night at the end of February in this wonderful hotel. Nicely remonted keeping in mind the soul of the old building and surroundings.
Staff was friendly and helpful. When signing in we were asked that would we like to upgrade our room for superior for 10€. Of course we did and got bigger room(about 20 square meters)+roomy bathroom.
I red about some noise problems at late hours but we didn´t notice any of that.
All the premises were clean and in top condition. The restaurant served wide range breakfast so you don´t leave there hungry.
In the evening we had big club sandwich+glass of wine for 8€/pp. Sandwich contains nicely grilled chicken with cheese. Also you get a bowl of fries too. Again money well spend.
Viru Hotel/Center is about 300m away. Old Town starts from here so you can walk everywhere in the heart of the city.
We wil definetily come back again !

Room Tip: Superior room is worth of money.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roinila
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My City Hotel is in the Historic old part of town.
Inside it's a modern hotel. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed.
The food is good and the staff all speak good English. They are friendly and efficient.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Perfect location. Everything works like in a 4 star's hotel should do. If something is missing, it's always atmosphere and personality - in these larger hotels.

Reception staff exellent, well, brekkie team could go through same training ;-)...

Go for Must Puudel at M����rivahe, if in need of relaxing and informal bar/restaurant!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank File101
Hong Kong
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Hotel location is very good, it's in the edge of the old town, close to the old town hall and new city center (Viru square). Viru square has big (in Tallinn) shopping centers and is also like a transport hub. So the hotel location is rather convenient, one can go to many pubs, restaurants and shops in old town with a short walk, and can also go to newer part of the city for buying snacks and drinks, or go take a tram to Kadriorg palace easily.

I have no problem communicating with their staffs, and they were polite.

The building is very nice. Upon arrival, I was offered an option to upgrade at the price of 10Euro, which I did not accepted (since I don't think I need superior room as a lone traveler) so I stayed in their standard room.

The room was spacious (but then I'm used to places like Tokyo, Hong Kong, London etc), and was clean. Decoration is OK but not great, overall I felt comfortable.

Bathroom /WC is good. The standard room did not have bathtub but the the shower-tub was good, and they made a place where you can actually sit in it. The floor has heating so the tilts won't be too cold for your feet, nice.

Breakfast was quite good, although one can get bored after spending multiple days there. Decent selection with cold cuts, porridge, eggs, meat balls, baked bean, bread, salmon, herring etc...Overall no complains here.

Price is good for what I got, but then I was there in low season plus I got discount for staying over 3 nights.

The building in front of it is a movie theatre and club, but I didn't find any noise issue (in winter low season).

Would I stay there again? Yes, definitely, although I stayed in another hotel on my returning trip since I need a hotel close to ferry terminal to catch a early morning ship.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo