“A brief but nice stay”

Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Tallinn
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A brief but nice stay”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My City Hotel is located bang in the old town of Tallinn and as such is a great base to explore, only a whisker from the main town square. I was working so only had about half a day to wander but saw a lot from this base. The standard rooms are to a high standard, good facilities and cleanliness and services in the hotel are what I would regard as a bit above average. Friendly and helpful staff. Definitely recommend and not so far from the Airport. Good value

Room Tip: No need to upgrade as they try to sell you on check in
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
colorado
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We recently stayed 5 nights here. The location is the best in exploring the old town and getting to public transport. My husband's meeting was a short 15 min. walk to another hotel, but I wanted to enjoy the old town at my leisure. Breakfast was very nice with a wide selection, although very repetitious. The room was very comfortable. We stayed on the backside which seemed quieter. There is a casino nearby and people seem to party to early morning hours. We didn't hear them, but saw them when we left for the airport at 4:30 am. The hotel staff is helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
Hamina, Finland
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have been twice at My City Hotel in Tallinn. it´s worth of visiting: Ideal location, clean rooms, nice atmosphere, basic breakfast, good pillows. If you wish a quite room, take it from the back court side.

1 Thank Eija2014
Fonte Boa, AM
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We arrived in Tallinn coming from Helsinki. At the port, we took a taxi which cost us only 10 euros to get to the My City Hotel. Tallinn is beautiful and the hotel, at the entrance, seems to be very cozy. It lies just a step from the main square of the Old Town, which is named Raekoja Plats. We were thrilled with the beauty of the place.
The breakfast of My City Hotel is very good and the price is average. The rooms are adequate but the picky persons may find that the bathroom is small.
Air conditioning works properly.
The marble stairs are stunning and they made us avoid the lift just to admire them,
The soundproofing is very bad. at two in the morning, we could hear the footsteps and voices of people who circulated the hall.
Take note that, at the 3rd floor, in apartment 304, the wifi signal is horrible. Pratically, there was no internet in our room, which letf us very annoyed, because we always need internet to comunicate to our relatives, in Brazil.
So, as we need internet in our trips, we hardly go back to My City Hotel again.
Internet, nowadays, is an item of prime necessity. More important than television and coffee machines. When will the hotels finally realize this?

Room Tip: Book at least three nights to explore the beauties of Tallinn. We only stayed two nights and regrett...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brazooka
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Although it was a coffee machine made, it was the best cup of morning coffee I've ever had in a hotel. Bigrooms and reasonable price. We did upgrade though, but not sure of it was worth it to have slightly bigger room.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dreamr82
Kuopio, Finland
Reviewed 6 May 2014

we went for one day to Tallin. The location of the Hotel is really good in the center but in quite street. The recepcionist were really kind, they even called for us to reserve a guided city walk.
The only inconviniance is reserving with tripadvisor you dont have breakfast include.
About the price I think it is a bit expensive. The room was clean and the bed big but the room was a bit small.
The bathroom was new and you can fine all you need there; towels, champu, hairdrier.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank R M
Victoria, Seychelles
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel was cosy and surprisingly deceptive from the outside. You stepped in and it was just a wonderful hotel with lovely staff. All professional. Downside you have to pay for decaf coffee which is from a packet. In this day and age it should be an option for guests. Other than this lovely breakfast selection and professional and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business