“One of the nicest places you could wish to stay in.”

My City Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel during my break in Tallinn. I had previously read quite a few positive reviews about My City and I found that they were all accurate in their praise. The hotel was perfectly situated, located just a few hundred yards from a multitude of excellent bars and restaurants, and all the main tourist sites of the Old Town could be easily reached on foot. The staff at the hotel were extremely attentive and helpful. Breakfast was varied and replenished quickly. The rooms were of a high standard and had all the required amenities for my stay. If I ever visit Tallinn in the future, I would not hesitate to stay at this great hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were one night in Tallinn and because another hotel was overbooked, we got this for the same (lower) price and have to say that we are happy about that.
+ Very clean
+ Excellent beds
+ Spacy rooms
+ Good location
+ Working air conditioning
- Breakfast (machine coffee, just toasts, crappy porridge etc)
- No handshower in toilet

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Ideally located, great rooms, friendly service are but a few plaudits I associate with this hotel.
The breakfast buffet was simple but appropriate and the only criticism was the somewhat weak orange juice!

The need to book the sauna was a little disappointing as I enjoy one after a long day sight seeing.

Do try the St. Patrick bar next door.

Room Tip: If you are offered an upgrade to a bigger room take!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My City Hotel is located bang in the old town of Tallinn and as such is a great base to explore, only a whisker from the main town square. I was working so only had about half a day to wander but saw a lot from this base. The standard rooms are to a high standard, good facilities and cleanliness and services in the hotel are what I would regard as a bit above average. Friendly and helpful staff. Definitely recommend and not so far from the Airport. Good value

Room Tip: No need to upgrade as they try to sell you on check in
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We recently stayed 5 nights here. The location is the best in exploring the old town and getting to public transport. My husband's meeting was a short 15 min. walk to another hotel, but I wanted to enjoy the old town at my leisure. Breakfast was very nice with a wide selection, although very repetitious. The room was very comfortable. We stayed on the backside which seemed quieter. There is a casino nearby and people seem to party to early morning hours. We didn't hear them, but saw them when we left for the airport at 4:30 am. The hotel staff is helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have been twice at My City Hotel in Tallinn. it´s worth of visiting: Ideal location, clean rooms, nice atmosphere, basic breakfast, good pillows. If you wish a quite room, take it from the back court side.

1  Thank Eija2014
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We arrived in Tallinn coming from Helsinki. At the port, we took a taxi which cost us only 10 euros to get to the My City Hotel. Tallinn is beautiful and the hotel, at the entrance, seems to be very cozy. It lies just a step from the main square of the Old Town, which is named Raekoja Plats. We were thrilled with the beauty of the place.
The breakfast of My City Hotel is very good and the price is average. The rooms are adequate but the picky persons may find that the bathroom is small.
Air conditioning works properly.
The marble stairs are stunning and they made us avoid the lift just to admire them,
The soundproofing is very bad. at two in the morning, we could hear the footsteps and voices of people who circulated the hall.
Take note that, at the 3rd floor, in apartment 304, the wifi signal is horrible. Pratically, there was no internet in our room, which letf us very annoyed, because we always need internet to comunicate to our relatives, in Brazil.
So, as we need internet in our trips, we hardly go back to My City Hotel again.
Internet, nowadays, is an item of prime necessity. More important than television and coffee machines. When will the hotels finally realize this?

Room Tip: Book at least three nights to explore the beauties of Tallinn. We only stayed two nights and regrett...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family