“Studio Dental Beauty”

Ranked #16 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Tallinn, Estonia
“Studio Dental Beauty”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

As a British Businessman who is a frequent traveller to Tallinn, I enquired about cosmetic dental surgery & was recommended to have a consultation with Dentist Anneli Aleksius who is located on floor 25 of hotel, after a consultation a course of treatment was suggested & timescale available.
The professionalism & service was first class & prices considerably less than we have to pay in the UK all of which can be found on website, I can highly recommend this service.
Mr J. McDonough.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank James14274958
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Mr J. McDonough

I am very pleased that you were happy with the dental services provided in our hotel. I hope the stay at the Radisson Blu Olympia was satisfactory as well and we are looking forward to welcoming you here soon again.

Meinrad Schibler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I’m conflicted about this hotel. According to the “Tallinn: In Your Pocket” Guide, the Radisson Blu Olumpia is considered la crème de la crème among the city’s hotels. EEKS – it was not what anyone would consider a luxury hotel by any stretch of the imagination. It could be nice, but hasn’t quite shed its soviet-style feeling. The hotel is more utilitarian than anything else – which is easily understood considering that the hotel was built for the 1980 Moscow Olympics. The room seemed more like a dormitory ; the “double” room was a small room with two twin beds pushed together. (Our first room smelled like stale cigarette smoke, so we didn’t want to ask for yet another room change.) The beds were saggy, and our backs were sore after a couple of nights. It appeared that we couldn’t control the thermostat during the winter, and it was quite chilly during the midwinter nights. I haven’t seen a T.V. box in years, and there it was! The bath towels were a little threadbare, and a tad stiff. I read that some of the rooms have nice views; unfortunately, our room had a view of the Soviet-Realist blocks of non-descript apartment buildings as far as the eye could see. There was one nice touch: the room had an electric hot water kettle, which we appreciated when returning to the hotel from the cold.

The hotel’s location was good; it was about 3-4 city blocks (about 10 minutes by foot) from Old Town – but there are many other nice hotels closer to Old Town. The breakfast buffet was fine, but nothing exceptional. The hotel has a lap pool, with a good view of the harbor, and a Finnish sauna – which we enjoyed. (It would have been nice to have bathrobes to facilitate the use of the pool and/or sauna.) The concierge was helpful, and after answering a battery of questions from me about various city sights, he suggested that we purchase the Tallinn Card from the front desk. It ended up being a good deal for us. The Official Sightseeing Tour departs from the hotel lobby, which was convenient.

All in all, this is a fine business hotel, but don’t expect to spend a romantic weekend here. The twin beds prevent any sort of romance!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor and for visiting the Radisson Blu Olympia. I do regrett that your stay was not to your entire satisfaction. I will address each of your points with my team in order to improve our hotel and services and hopefully you will have a more satisfactory experience staying again at the Radisson Blu Olympia.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed here one night for business in January. Payed only €109 for a night. Room was large and modern and clean. Nice view over the city. It's a large hotel, with a large lobby and attached to a convention center. Although the hotel is very clean and the rooms are spacey (at least mine was), it lacks a bit of warmth. However, I have never seen a larger breakfast buffet in any of the hotels I have stayed in the last years and that was really good.And as almost everywhere in Estonia, there is free (and fast) WiFi. When I read the other recent reviews, I only can say, that they are right. If I would have to stay again in a hotel in Tallinn (which is probably the case), with no doubt I would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Tallinn. Me and my team are very happy you liked it here and will do our utmost to even exceed your expectations on your next stay. We are looking forward to having you back at the Radisson Olümpia Tallinn

Heusden-Zolder, Belgium
Reviewed 31 January 2012

As I'm traveling to Tallinn every week, from time to time I change hotel. this time it was the Radisson Blu Olumpya, and it will not be the last time. It is one of the very few hotels with Parking in front of the hotel. the lobby is spacious and clean. The reception is usually manned by two persons, so no waiting times. The standard rooms are a bit older, but clean with all facilitys. The hotel is one of the very few in Tallinn that have windows that open. The beds are good and the barrooms have a bad/shower. Prices are very reasonable. Breakfast is in buffet form, with fresh hot coffee served on the table. There is a wide variety on choices. I stayed in room 1118 with a nice view to the sea and the old town. The only downside is the location. It is in an area with not much else then the hotel. The warehouse Stockmann is on walking distance, but that is about it. Never the less I like it there and I booked already my next 8 visits.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank phil_frederix
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear guest

I am praticularly pleased that you as a frequent traveller found our hotel to your satisfaction and that you will stay with us again in the future. If there is anything we can do to make your stays at the Olympia even more pleasant please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my team. It will be all our pleasure to assist you.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Renovated and refurbished soviet building. Everything is just ok. CRT TV-set in room. Good cosmetics. Great view.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Dear guest

I thank you for taking the time to place your review on Tripadvisor. Me and my team take great interest in the opinion of our guests. I am glad you did like your stay and hope you will be visiting us soon again.

Best Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Very nice hotel, well up to Radisson standards. Rooms are small but clean and smart, and if you're on the north side you get a great view of the town and some amazing sunsets. About a 10 minute walk to the old town, so near enough to be convenient but far enough away for a bit of peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the old town...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Dear Guest

I thank you for your kind message. Me and my team are very glad that you did like your stay at our hotel and do hope you will visit us again very soon.

Heerlen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This was a really nice hotel. I only stayed here for one night, but it was a good night. Very modern hotel with very luxurious rooms.
I had a room on the 18th floor with a breathtaking view over Tallinn.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Just half an hour from the airport with a taxi.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear guest

Me and my team are very happy that you did like your stay at our hotel. We hope to welcome you very soon again at the Radisson Olympia Tallinn.