“Go for it if it suits your budget”

Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia
Ranked #13 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
Montreal
“Go for it if it suits your budget”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

A 10-minute walk away from the old town, a clean and trendy hotel. Admire the view while you workout at the gym on the 26th floor. Standard rooms are a little small (especially the shower). The outstanding service makes up for it.

• Stayed April 2012
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Guest

I am very happy that you did like your stay at our hotel. I will forward your remarks regarding the services received to my team and we all hope that you will be visiting us soon again.

Meinrad Schibler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vayrac, France
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed here for the first time in September last year and decided to book myself in again on a longer (6-day) business trip this time. I have no regrets. It is still a 20-minute walk into the old town but when you are walking through/on thick snow, it is a pleasure to do so. Mind you, make sure your shoes are suitable: the pavements are treacherous at this time of year (late February). I also used the sauna and swimming pool every evening, unlike before, and that was a huge pleasure, especially looking out from the shower room over a wintry Tallinn.

Room Tip: Try to be as high up as possible and on the side looking out over the old town. There is a panoramic...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest

I am very pleased to hear that you have repeatedly stayed at our hotel and all was to your satisfaction. I hope you will keep up the tradition and visit us again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2012

It's a nice hotel with friendly staff. We have been to Tallinn many times to visit family and decided to spend a night in a hotel for a change. We are generally satisfied with the Radisson Blu chain and this hotel was par for the course. However, thin walls. Maybe all hotels have thin walls, but normally you're neighbours are less "active" than ours were. Maybe not. If we decide to get a hotel in Tallinn again and the Olumpia was the same price as the others we would stay for the Radisson points. It held to the Radisson Blu standard with a bit of an interesting Communist feel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bluenoser794
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for your nice comments regarding my team and the Radisson Blu brand. I am sorry that your room was not as quite as it could have been. Please do feel free the next time to ask for a room change and we will do our utmost to accommodate you and your family in a more quite room.

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 10 March 2012

As a British Businessman who is a frequent traveller to Tallinn, I enquired about cosmetic dental surgery & was recommended to have a consultation with Dentist Anneli Aleksius who is located on floor 25 of hotel, after a consultation a course of treatment was suggested & timescale available.
The professionalism & service was first class & prices considerably less than we have to pay in the UK all of which can be found on website, I can highly recommend this service.
Mr J. McDonough.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank James14274958
Dear Mr J. McDonough

I am very pleased that you were happy with the dental services provided in our hotel. I hope the stay at the Radisson Blu Olympia was satisfactory as well and we are looking forward to welcoming you here soon again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I’m conflicted about this hotel. According to the “Tallinn: In Your Pocket” Guide, the Radisson Blu Olumpia is considered la crème de la crème among the city’s hotels. EEKS – it was not what anyone would consider a luxury hotel by any stretch of the imagination. It could be nice, but hasn’t quite shed its soviet-style feeling. The hotel is more utilitarian than anything else – which is easily understood considering that the hotel was built for the 1980 Moscow Olympics. The room seemed more like a dormitory ; the “double” room was a small room with two twin beds pushed together. (Our first room smelled like stale cigarette smoke, so we didn’t want to ask for yet another room change.) The beds were saggy, and our backs were sore after a couple of nights. It appeared that we couldn’t control the thermostat during the winter, and it was quite chilly during the midwinter nights. I haven’t seen a T.V. box in years, and there it was! The bath towels were a little threadbare, and a tad stiff. I read that some of the rooms have nice views; unfortunately, our room had a view of the Soviet-Realist blocks of non-descript apartment buildings as far as the eye could see. There was one nice touch: the room had an electric hot water kettle, which we appreciated when returning to the hotel from the cold.

The hotel’s location was good; it was about 3-4 city blocks (about 10 minutes by foot) from Old Town – but there are many other nice hotels closer to Old Town. The breakfast buffet was fine, but nothing exceptional. The hotel has a lap pool, with a good view of the harbor, and a Finnish sauna – which we enjoyed. (It would have been nice to have bathrobes to facilitate the use of the pool and/or sauna.) The concierge was helpful, and after answering a battery of questions from me about various city sights, he suggested that we purchase the Tallinn Card from the front desk. It ended up being a good deal for us. The Official Sightseeing Tour departs from the hotel lobby, which was convenient.

All in all, this is a fine business hotel, but don’t expect to spend a romantic weekend here. The twin beds prevent any sort of romance!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor and for visiting the Radisson Blu Olympia. I do regrett that your stay was not to your entire satisfaction. I will address each of your points with my team in order to improve our hotel and services and hopefully you will have a more satisfactory experience staying again at the Radisson Blu Olympia.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed here one night for business in January. Payed only €109 for a night. Room was large and modern and clean. Nice view over the city. It's a large hotel, with a large lobby and attached to a convention center. Although the hotel is very clean and the rooms are spacey (at least mine was), it lacks a bit of warmth. However, I have never seen a larger breakfast buffet in any of the hotels I have stayed in the last years and that was really good.And as almost everywhere in Estonia, there is free (and fast) WiFi. When I read the other recent reviews, I only can say, that they are right. If I would have to stay again in a hotel in Tallinn (which is probably the case), with no doubt I would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Tallinn. Me and my team are very happy you liked it here and will do our utmost to even exceed your expectations on your next stay. We are looking forward to having you back at the Radisson Olümpia Tallinn

Heusden-Zolder, Belgium
Reviewed 31 January 2012

As I'm traveling to Tallinn every week, from time to time I change hotel. this time it was the Radisson Blu Olumpya, and it will not be the last time. It is one of the very few hotels with Parking in front of the hotel. the lobby is spacious and clean. The reception is usually manned by two persons, so no waiting times. The standard rooms are a bit older, but clean with all facilitys. The hotel is one of the very few in Tallinn that have windows that open. The beds are good and the barrooms have a bad/shower. Prices are very reasonable. Breakfast is in buffet form, with fresh hot coffee served on the table. There is a wide variety on choices. I stayed in room 1118 with a nice view to the sea and the old town. The only downside is the location. It is in an area with not much else then the hotel. The warehouse Stockmann is on walking distance, but that is about it. Never the less I like it there and I booked already my next 8 visits.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank phil_frederix
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear guest

I am praticularly pleased that you as a frequent traveller found our hotel to your satisfaction and that you will stay with us again in the future. If there is anything we can do to make your stays at the Olympia even more pleasant please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my team. It will be all our pleasure to assist you.