“Nice place and good service”

Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia
Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
Fi
“Nice place and good service”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

About 1600 meters form the Old Town. Nice and clean. Good parking place. Not far from the Opera.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are the best.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest

I am very glad you have enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Olympia, Tallinn. It is always an ecouragement to do even better to hear good feedback from our guests. We all hope to welcome you back very soon.

Meinrad Schibler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Loughborough
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, and opted to pay for an upgraded room on the 20th Floor. The room was quiet and had a lovely view over the city. However, the room was quite small and there was insufficient space to spread out business papers whilst using my LapTop - which meant that I had to spread my papers over the bed, which in fact was two twin beds pushed together.

Free WiFi throughout the hotel was much appreciated.

Buffet Breakfast gave plenty of choice, and the lunch selections were fine. We didn't dine at the hotel in the evenings, choosing to go to restaurants in the Old Town. The downside to the hotel was, I feel, not being in the Old Town itself, where we stayed on our last visit.

What made our visit to Olumpia so good was the warm welcome that we received by the young lady on Reception when we arrived late in the evening. She was courteous and made sure that we knew everything we needed to know about the hotel. The young man on the bar was also kind and helpful, and made us feel relaxed after a long journey.

I agree with another reviewer that the Pool area on the top floor is in need of renovation. The young man on duty was also incredibly welcoming, and suggested that I had an early swim the next morning, to see the sun rise over Tallinn!

The quality of staff makes this hotel worth considering, and I would return when next in Tallinn.

Room Tip: Pay for an upgraded room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Guest

I am very pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay at our hotel due to the welcoming attitude of my team. We all take this as an incentive to work even harder to make our guests feel at home during there stay away from home. We all hope to welcome you soon again at the Radisson Olympia Tallinn.

Tallinn
Reviewed 18 April 2012

As a local dying for a change for at least one night, I booked a Superior room for me and my significant other and it was absolutely amazing! The room was gorgeous and with a fantastic view over the sea and panorama of Tallinn, all the service extremely fast and staff really friendly.

I also have to mention the breakfast buffet - it was amazing. So amazing that if I could have, I would have ate all of everything. This whole money was worth purely for the breakfast.

All in all, I do believe it's one of the nicest hotels you can find in Tallinn if you need to count your euros and use them wisely. All the "skyscraper" hotels are fairly similar and Olympia seems to offer the best quality-price ratio.

If I had to complain, then I would say that the pool was screaming "I'm actually really old!!" and the whole 26th floor gym-pool-sauna area had a really soviet feel to it, but this is just picking on details. In general, everything was great.

Room Tip: Take a superior room on one of the top floors - they're bigger and have a lovely view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear guest

I am very glad you liked your stay at the Radisson Blu Olympia. We are currently planning a renovation of our premises on the 26th floor and I do hope that you will be able to enjoy this during your next stay.

Kind regards

Montreal
Reviewed 7 April 2012

A 10-minute walk away from the old town, a clean and trendy hotel. Admire the view while you workout at the gym on the 26th floor. Standard rooms are a little small (especially the shower). The outstanding service makes up for it.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest

I am very happy that you did like your stay at our hotel. I will forward your remarks regarding the services received to my team and we all hope that you will be visiting us soon again.

Vayrac, France
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed here for the first time in September last year and decided to book myself in again on a longer (6-day) business trip this time. I have no regrets. It is still a 20-minute walk into the old town but when you are walking through/on thick snow, it is a pleasure to do so. Mind you, make sure your shoes are suitable: the pavements are treacherous at this time of year (late February). I also used the sauna and swimming pool every evening, unlike before, and that was a huge pleasure, especially looking out from the shower room over a wintry Tallinn.

Room Tip: Try to be as high up as possible and on the side looking out over the old town. There is a panoramic...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest

I am very pleased to hear that you have repeatedly stayed at our hotel and all was to your satisfaction. I hope you will keep up the tradition and visit us again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2012

It's a nice hotel with friendly staff. We have been to Tallinn many times to visit family and decided to spend a night in a hotel for a change. We are generally satisfied with the Radisson Blu chain and this hotel was par for the course. However, thin walls. Maybe all hotels have thin walls, but normally you're neighbours are less "active" than ours were. Maybe not. If we decide to get a hotel in Tallinn again and the Olumpia was the same price as the others we would stay for the Radisson points. It held to the Radisson Blu standard with a bit of an interesting Communist feel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bluenoser794
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for your nice comments regarding my team and the Radisson Blu brand. I am sorry that your room was not as quite as it could have been. Please do feel free the next time to ask for a room change and we will do our utmost to accommodate you and your family in a more quite room.

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 10 March 2012

As a British Businessman who is a frequent traveller to Tallinn, I enquired about cosmetic dental surgery & was recommended to have a consultation with Dentist Anneli Aleksius who is located on floor 25 of hotel, after a consultation a course of treatment was suggested & timescale available.
The professionalism & service was first class & prices considerably less than we have to pay in the UK all of which can be found on website, I can highly recommend this service.
Mr J. McDonough.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank James14274958
Dear Mr J. McDonough

I am very pleased that you were happy with the dental services provided in our hotel. I hope the stay at the Radisson Blu Olympia was satisfactory as well and we are looking forward to welcoming you here soon again.