“Surprisingly nice one”

Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia
Ranked #15 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
“Surprisingly nice one”
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

Not far away from the Old Town restaurants and shops, absolutely a walking distance. There was a parking area behind the hotel, free of charge for the hotel guests.

Clean and comfortable double room with good bathroom. Nice bed and great view from the upper floor at least.

Very helpful staff too. I could easily book this one again.

• Stayed July 2012
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia in Tallinn and for posting your kind comment. We all hope you did enjoy your stay in Tallinn and that you will be visiting us very soon again.

Meinrad Schibler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Somerset
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The hotel generally was fine, the rooms were not large but adequate, the Bath (shower) Room was not quite open space but it may as well have been as the walls facing the passage were see through tinted glass. If you are travelling with older children who like their privacy in the bathroom, this is not for you.
The evening meals served in the Restaurant were mainly Buffet but you could also eat of the menu. Breakfast was crowded but luckily they had opened up an additional room but be prepared to fight your way between the crowds to get your food.
Location reasonable about 15 minutes walk from the old town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia, Tallinn. I am very glad that you did enjoy your stay in Tallinn. I will discuss your feedback with my team and see what we can do to have a more enjoyable atmospere for out guest at the breakfast.

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights when the hotel my employer usually books was apparently fully booked. I stayed in a Superior room with Queen size bed on the 24th floor.

Upon check-in at the reception, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and always with a seemingly genuine smile on their face. They also spoke perfect English, or at least better than I do ;-).

After receiving my keycard I went up to the room, and was pleasantly suprised by the size and view. Though I have had larger hotel rooms, this was really quite nice for the price, and the layout was practical. The only thing I missed was something resembling a decent desk. There is a pull-out table, but that doesn't really do the job.

The bed was really comfortable and there are two pillows available on each side of the bed. The curtains were adequate, though on clear days it would have probably been lighter than I would have liked (during my stay it was overcast).

The bathroom is of a decent size with a bathtub-shower combination, a single sink and a toilet. You can choose to use the towels multiple days by hanging them on the rack or have them changed each day by leaving them on the floor.

I did not have breakfast or use any of the other facilities like the spa or fitness club, so no review of those things. I did have some late-night dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was open until 23:00 that sunday. Really nice if you have to work through the evening without a chance to eat, you can still get something in the restaurant. The food was good, and not really expensive, though you can have more for less in some of the restaurants in the Old Town.

The location of the hotel is good as well, though for leisure I would pick an hotel closer to the Old Town. Overall a very nice stay, and if I had a say in where my company books me, I would come back here for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have better views, obviously. For a view of the Old Town, ask for a North/No...
2 Thank Intrancium
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for your nice comments and posting them on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you did like your stay at the Radisson Olympia Tallinn and I hope you did enjoy Tallinn as a whole. I will share your feedback with my team and we all look forward to seeing you here again.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Olumpia is a very good business hotel. Rooms are spacious, well equipped and service fluent and professional. If you are lucky to get a room high up, the big windows looking over the town center, the view will be fantastic, especially at dawn and sunset.

Room Tip: Try to book a room high up, windows looking over the town center.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear guest

Thank you very much for choosing Radisson Blu Olümpia. I am very glad you did like your stay. Should you visit us again do not hesitate to let us know about your room preferences. We always do our best to comply with such requests. We hope to have you as our guest soon again.

Meinrad
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Have stayed here twice and will choose this hotel again when in Tallinn for business purposes. Large and comfortable rooms some overlooking the Old Town. Extensive breakfast menu. Free WiFi everywhere :-) Stockmann department store is within a three minute walk from the hotel. The Old town can be reached on foot in 10 minutes maximum.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the top floors with the Old City view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest

Thank you for staying with Radisson Blu Olümpia in Tallinn. I will forward your kind comments to my team. We are all looking forward to your next stay at our hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel during my business visit and before I head to Stockholm. I must say that people were extremely helpful. When I arrived I needed a pair of scissors and I was handed them even the reception guy had only one pair. He asked me to give it back to him within 15 minutes and I did. The breakfast was amazing. It was one of the best breakfast I have ever seen. May it is topped by the JWMarriott in Hong Kong. What I loved was that I could ask for an expresso and did not get charged. I was extremely pleased. The pool was very nice. With an amazing view. For free contrary to some hotels in sweden.I was a room in the 23rd floor and the view was amazing. One small issue with the room was the chair in the middle. The room is small enough that chair made moving rather hard. I suggest they get rid of it. The location is perfect since you are literally down town and 5 minutes walk from the old town. One other negative thing was that the bed was not stiff enough. It was almost like a hammock. Will go back there.

Room Tip: Rooms with no chairs if you take the superior room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your nice comments on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you did like your stay with us and will share your feedback with my team. We all hope that you will visit us soon again.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Would have been 5 star were it not for the food being expensive compared to elsewhere. Very nice hotel, located 3 mins walk from Solaris Centre, this is where you should eat if you stay at this hotel. Fare to the airport by taxi is 5,70 euros so its very close, and you can walk to the old town from the hotel bascially just take a straight road behind you and you cant miss it, Tallinn is between a lake and the sea so is long but not wide.
Did 2 tours when here, first was the Hotel Viru KGB tour which is very good. Its 7 wuros per adult or 15 euros for family ticket ( up to 3 kids and 2 adults )
Second we went to Keila-Joa waterfall, take the 237A bus for 2.20 euros each way, its about 30km away. when you go up the lane, go to the left ( not the right and do a 10km circle like we did :D ) and cross the bridge then go left. Busses are roughly every hour.
Hotel has swimming pool on 26th floor, no jacuzzi that we saw, but you look over the whole city.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu Olümpia, Tallinn. I am very glad you liked your stay at our hotel and in Tallinn in general. We all hope you will choose out hotel again for your next visit to Tallinn.