“Tallinn in May”

Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Baltimore, Maryland
“Tallinn in May”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I always struggle with the finer points of the review. Another traveler mentioned the see through shower area and they are right. My kids are grown & I just think of me & my lady and don't give points like this any thought. Great hotel, my room was large and the shower are large too. I loved it. I was able to get early check-in. Old town within walking distance (bit of a hike still) and there were many shops, eateries & such nearby too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you and your family did like your stay in Tallinn and at our hotel. I will share your comments with my team. I am sure this will motivate them to keep up the good work and provide our Yes I Can spirit to our guests.

Meinrad Schibler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We had a superior room on the 18th floor. The view over the old town was stunning. The room itself was very clean and nice. Free use of sauna and pool was included in the price of the room. Breakfast buffet is excellent.

The location quite good but not perfect. It's about 10-15 minutes walk to the old town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jibbajaba
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am very glad you did like your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia, Tallinn and have posted a comment on Tripadvisor. Me and my team hope to welcome you here very soon again.

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

We arrived at Tallinn airport early in the morning and had hoped to be able to check in when we arrived at the hotel. I chose this particular hotel, which is the largest Radisson hotel in town with its 390 rooms, to increase our chances for early check-in. The receptionist was however not able to accept check-in as the hotel was fully booked. It did not help that I had a gold card in the Club Carlson program. Five hours later, after a night on the road and a morning in the old town of Tallinn, we were assigned a room. We were upgraded to a Superior room on the 16th floor with lovely views over the city. The hotel room was however very ordinary and with no special advantages. The bathroom was very small and had a strange shower room; even the bathroom floor was wet when we arrived. We were still pleased with our stay as the hotel is located just a few minutes' walk from the city centre.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am sorry you have not liked all aspects of your stay. I will review your comments with my team and take them as an opportunity to improve our services.

Kind regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

Not far away from the Old Town restaurants and shops, absolutely a walking distance. There was a parking area behind the hotel, free of charge for the hotel guests.

Clean and comfortable double room with good bathroom. Nice bed and great view from the upper floor at least.

Very helpful staff too. I could easily book this one again.

• Stayed July 2012
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia in Tallinn and for posting your kind comment. We all hope you did enjoy your stay in Tallinn and that you will be visiting us very soon again.

Somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

The hotel generally was fine, the rooms were not large but adequate, the Bath (shower) Room was not quite open space but it may as well have been as the walls facing the passage were see through tinted glass. If you are travelling with older children who like their privacy in the bathroom, this is not for you.
The evening meals served in the Restaurant were mainly Buffet but you could also eat of the menu. Breakfast was crowded but luckily they had opened up an additional room but be prepared to fight your way between the crowds to get your food.
Location reasonable about 15 minutes walk from the old town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia, Tallinn. I am very glad that you did enjoy your stay in Tallinn. I will discuss your feedback with my team and see what we can do to have a more enjoyable atmospere for out guest at the breakfast.

Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights when the hotel my employer usually books was apparently fully booked. I stayed in a Superior room with Queen size bed on the 24th floor.

Upon check-in at the reception, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and always with a seemingly genuine smile on their face. They also spoke perfect English, or at least better than I do ;-).

After receiving my keycard I went up to the room, and was pleasantly suprised by the size and view. Though I have had larger hotel rooms, this was really quite nice for the price, and the layout was practical. The only thing I missed was something resembling a decent desk. There is a pull-out table, but that doesn't really do the job.

The bed was really comfortable and there are two pillows available on each side of the bed. The curtains were adequate, though on clear days it would have probably been lighter than I would have liked (during my stay it was overcast).

The bathroom is of a decent size with a bathtub-shower combination, a single sink and a toilet. You can choose to use the towels multiple days by hanging them on the rack or have them changed each day by leaving them on the floor.

I did not have breakfast or use any of the other facilities like the spa or fitness club, so no review of those things. I did have some late-night dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was open until 23:00 that sunday. Really nice if you have to work through the evening without a chance to eat, you can still get something in the restaurant. The food was good, and not really expensive, though you can have more for less in some of the restaurants in the Old Town.

The location of the hotel is good as well, though for leisure I would pick an hotel closer to the Old Town. Overall a very nice stay, and if I had a say in where my company books me, I would come back here for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have better views, obviously. For a view of the Old Town, ask for a North/No...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Intrancium
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for your nice comments and posting them on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you did like your stay at the Radisson Olympia Tallinn and I hope you did enjoy Tallinn as a whole. I will share your feedback with my team and we all look forward to seeing you here again.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Olumpia is a very good business hotel. Rooms are spacious, well equipped and service fluent and professional. If you are lucky to get a room high up, the big windows looking over the town center, the view will be fantastic, especially at dawn and sunset.

Room Tip: Try to book a room high up, windows looking over the town center.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear guest

Thank you very much for choosing Radisson Blu Olümpia. I am very glad you did like your stay. Should you visit us again do not hesitate to let us know about your room preferences. We always do our best to comply with such requests. We hope to have you as our guest soon again.

Meinrad