“Very nice”

Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia
Ranked #16 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
“Very nice”
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

This hotel was much better than anticipated and in my view probably the best Radisson hotel I have ever stayed in. The reception has a kids corner (special reception for kids) which I found very cute, even though travelling in business. The hotel is huge, I stayed on the 21st floor and had a terrific view. The room was very nice, nothing special but high standard. Breakfast above average. Did not use the spa so can not say anything about that. Only minus with this hotel was that every time you wanted up or down you had to wait forever for the elevator even though there are four of them. But I can live with that and would definitely stay here again if visiting Tallinn again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Me and my team appreciate very much your stay with us and posting your comments for us and others to know about your experience. I will forward your Tripadvisor entry to my team and I am sure this will motivate them to keep up the good work. We all hope to see welcome you soon at the Radisso Blu Olümpia in Tallinn.

Meinrad Schibler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham, England.
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I popped over to Tallinn for a night from Helsinki, this hotel was very familiar and had everyting I expected from Radisson, The simming pool on the top floor was an excellent touch, rooms were good, breakfast excellent. Very handy to the old city, ticked all the boxes. I would say pop over to the other Radisson and have a drink on the top floor as well.

Would I stay here again, yes without a doubt.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank onthepiste
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us in Tallinn. Me and my team are very glad you did like your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia and we all hope to see you soon here again. Your comments will be discussed internally and will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Central Norway, Norway
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Stylish rooms, but quite small and with a chair in the front of the wardrobe witch is a bit unpractical. The bathroom is not for the shy one with only a glasdoor - not mutch privacy.
Excellent breakfast with everything you can ask for and very polite staff serving coffe and tea.
About 15 min walking distance to the old town of Tallin. Staff are serviceminded and housekeeping did an excellent job! Good value for money!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IdaSweden
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and forwarded to the entire team. I am sure this will motivate all of us to assure a consistently good service to our guest also in the future

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I always struggle with the finer points of the review. Another traveler mentioned the see through shower area and they are right. My kids are grown & I just think of me & my lady and don't give points like this any thought. Great hotel, my room was large and the shower are large too. I loved it. I was able to get early check-in. Old town within walking distance (bit of a hike still) and there were many shops, eateries & such nearby too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you and your family did like your stay in Tallinn and at our hotel. I will share your comments with my team. I am sure this will motivate them to keep up the good work and provide our Yes I Can spirit to our guests.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We had a superior room on the 18th floor. The view over the old town was stunning. The room itself was very clean and nice. Free use of sauna and pool was included in the price of the room. Breakfast buffet is excellent.

The location quite good but not perfect. It's about 10-15 minutes walk to the old town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jibbajaba
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am very glad you did like your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia, Tallinn and have posted a comment on Tripadvisor. Me and my team hope to welcome you here very soon again.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We arrived at Tallinn airport early in the morning and had hoped to be able to check in when we arrived at the hotel. I chose this particular hotel, which is the largest Radisson hotel in town with its 390 rooms, to increase our chances for early check-in. The receptionist was however not able to accept check-in as the hotel was fully booked. It did not help that I had a gold card in the Club Carlson program. Five hours later, after a night on the road and a morning in the old town of Tallinn, we were assigned a room. We were upgraded to a Superior room on the 16th floor with lovely views over the city. The hotel room was however very ordinary and with no special advantages. The bathroom was very small and had a strange shower room; even the bathroom floor was wet when we arrived. We were still pleased with our stay as the hotel is located just a few minutes' walk from the city centre.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am sorry you have not liked all aspects of your stay. I will review your comments with my team and take them as an opportunity to improve our services.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

Not far away from the Old Town restaurants and shops, absolutely a walking distance. There was a parking area behind the hotel, free of charge for the hotel guests.

Clean and comfortable double room with good bathroom. Nice bed and great view from the upper floor at least.

Very helpful staff too. I could easily book this one again.

• Stayed July 2012
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia in Tallinn and for posting your kind comment. We all hope you did enjoy your stay in Tallinn and that you will be visiting us very soon again.