“I liked this hotel very much.”

Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia
Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
Sofia, Bulgaria
“I liked this hotel very much.”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

What I liked:
1. The staff was exceptionally friendly.
2. The business rooms were very modern and spacious.
3. Convenient parking lot which is free of charge.

What I disliked:
1. Part of the restaurant staff is rude.
2. Fitness equipment in the gym is not up to date.

Will I return?

Room Tip: I am not sure if the standard rooms are nice. My colleague reported that they are dated. Take the bu...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia, Tallinn. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and I will share your comments with my team. I am sure they motivate all of us to keep up the good work. I hope you will soon visit us again.

M. Schibler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Very grand hotel lobby and reception made me feel like I'd booked a 5 star hotel. Got to the room, and I was really disappointed. Very basic, its almost like they spent all the money on the reception and lobby, but ran out of money for the important bit - the rooms! Small, and basic is the best way to describe them. Won't be rushing back. Spent most of my time out and about so can't comment on food or anything else. Staff we friendly though, location was OK, around a 10 minute walk to the old town.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Matt G
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Guest

I am very sorry you did not like the room you were staying in. I would suggest for your next stay at the Radisson blu Olümpia, Tallinn you inquire about our other room categories that are bigger and also in a different style. I am certain we have some that will be to your liking. I hope to welcome you back at the Radisson blu Olümpia very soon.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This hotel is better than I would have expected. It was built for the Olympic games in 1980, but nowadays serves as an excellent venue for business travellers. Good conference amenities. Ideal location, just a few minutes walk to the Old City. Opera and the Consert House and the down town shopping malls. Exclellent breakfest, abundandt good quality healthy food. We had a business package with lunches included, and the lunched were excellent as well. Staff is very friendly, all speak good english and very compliant. I did not have time to check out the sauna and pool which are located on the upper floor, as preferred a concert of the National Symphony Orchestra in the Estonian National Opera House just 6 minutes from the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors haev marvellius view.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear Guest

I am very pleased that you did like your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia, Tallinn. It will share your comments with me team and I am sure this will motivate us to continue in our efforts to provide a perfect guest experience. I hope to welcome you here very soon again.

Best Regards

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The hotel is nice and clean, not really anything to complain about. The standard room is fairly small but still perfect for a short stay. The staff was friendly and location was good. Free entrance to the gym and saunas was included in the price, too bad that it was only in the morning and I had no time to try them out.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us at the Radisson Blu Olpmia, Tallinn. I am very glad you did like your stay. I will share your comments with my team for feedback and possible improvments. We are all looking forward to welcoming you again her at the Radisson in Tallinn.

Ledziny, Poland
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Quite good hotel but you feel that it was build some decades ago.
The bed was way too soft for me. Really good view from the hotel room was spoiled by dirty window (which of course you cannot fully open).
Good service. Decent spa with (almost) full size swimming pool. Separate saunas for men and women. Spa for free for all hotel guests until 11am. I can be for free all day but it depends on the room rate. Good breakfast but whole week exactly the same.

Room Tip: Ask for room on high floor on north side to get better views
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor. I am very glad that you did like your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia in Tallinn and we all hope that you will visit us soon again. As to your feedback regarding windows and beds I will review them with my team and take appropriate action.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

Fine hotel. Although the hotel itself is quite big, the rooms are on the small side. Not so small that it get's uncomfortable though. It's very lean. Staff is friendly, efficient and fluent in English. Diner and breakfast were excellent. The bar is a bit on the cold side. It's a walk of about 15 minutes to Tallinn's old town, so plenty of other opportunities closeby. All in all a good choice for a stay of a few nights, probably not longer.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia, Tallinn. I am very happy that you did like your stay and that you were happy with the services provided. I will share your contribution with my team. I am sure they will appreciate your comment. We are all looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Hotel is clean, good location but seems is bellow Radisson standards. Was surprised by quite "eastern" behavior and customer approach from service people at the reception and breakfast restaurant. The hotel should definitelly do something with the very noisy aircon in the rooms. The hotel seems approaching general need for renovation.

Room Tip: Check the a/c noise level
1 Thank rimas k
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson blu Olümpia, Tallinn. I am very sorry to hear that the hotel did not live up to your expectations. Most of the hotel rooms have been recently renovated and the remaining are scheduled to be in the coming years. As to the service provided I will review your comments with my team to see what can be done in order to optimize them and assure that all our guests are happy with their stay.