“was Quick and nice”

Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
New York City, New York
“was Quick and nice”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

stayed at this hotel for a quick visit to Tallinn, yet not in the city center staff was nice and friendly and the room had a great view and at the end of the day city is not that big so you can really walk any place. it was nice to have the coffee ready for my early check out ....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia. I am very glad you did like your stay and we all hope you will visit us soon again.

Meinrad Schibler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel over the Easter period and have to say that it was jam packed with people....you can see that the hotel is doing well, both from a visitors perspective and also when you have a look at the employees.....they look happy working there.

All the staff was very courteous to us, and the breakfast was very well varied, and tasted good....the hotel is in walking distance from the city centre....no need to take a taxi, just walk and enjoy the breeze....

the hotel was very clean and well kept, with also some nice wines on the wine list....at reasonable prices.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us during your stay in Tallinn and posting a comment on Tripadvisor. I will share your kind comments with my team and we all hope you will soon visit us again.

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of a tour. The hotel was built for the 1980 Olympics as Tallinn hosted the sailing for the games. Whilst it was comfortable and extremely well located for access to the Old Town it retains an 80's vibe and feels a bit dated. Our room was big enough but the decor and furnishings were old fashioned - such as the very chunky TV, analogue wooden thermometer; and the beds were low and very lumpy. Breakfast buffet was good - but always very busy. On a positive note the bar area was modern and a good place to meet and the coffee shop offered an excellent selection of cakes and snacks. As with all the hotels in this chain it comes with free wifi in all areas of the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. Our hotel will undergo complete renovation of all standard rooms in the last quarter of this year. We would all be very happy to welcome you after that in one of our renovated standard rooms or before that in our well appointed superior rooms available for a small surcharge.

Germany
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Large hotel close to the old town. The equipment and style of the room I stayed in (standard room) reflected the style and also the technical standard of the mid-90th and is pretty worn. The room was bright and also clean, but nevertheless I had the feeling to be in alower touristic-class inn than in a business hotel. The employees at reception told me, that the renovation will start in September 2014 - I hope it will be the "normal" Radisson standard than....
The breakfast was really good with a great choice of different food.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia and posting a comment on Tripadvisor. It is actually true that we will start an extensive renovation of our standard rooms this year in October. We hope you will visit us again after that or stay in one of our very nice superior rooms in the meantime.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

This is a tough hotel to review. To start, its location is great. Old town is a nice walk away and shopping malls and other hotels are also a short walk away. The room was one of the ugliest rooms I've ever stayed in. After spending three nights, I still don't know what on earth is the style of the room. View was nice (17th floor) yet the window glass was dirty. The room was hot like an oven when I entered and quickly found out that the A/C is shut at "winter" time. I was there in April and the weather was unseasonably warm in Tallinn. I ended up having the window open so there was some street and bird noise. Breakfast was nice and staff were friendly. I wouldn't go back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am sorry you did not like all aspects of your stay and will address the shortcomings where possible. We all hope that you will visit us soon again.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The stay started poorly, with a tiny and ugly room (1106). This room had no space for suitcases, very poor twin beds and was very drab.
We complained to the reception that evening, but they did not appear interested and told me to send an email complaint!!! I did this and copied in the general manager (email on website). I thought nothing of it and we went out the net day.
However, on our return at lunch, we had an email apologising and offering an upgrade to a business lass room on the 24th floor!!
Now not sure whether to mark the hotel as poor, for giving us room 1106, or mark it as good, for reacting well and giving good service.
I've given it average, because of the less than celubrious location and poor first room. I have also marked it based on the original room! However, the resulting upgrade and great Radisson breakfast, may warrant a better grade!

Room Tip: Higher floors have apparently been refurbished. Don't accept room 1106,
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us during your stay in Tallinn. I am sorry you did not entirely like your stay. I will address the mentioned shortcomings with my team and we all hope you will visit us soon again.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel has offered all I could think about!
Staff was so professional and always at service, everyday! Everybody speaks english fluently!
Restaurant has really good Chef!
Rooms are big and clean, with kingsize bed (perfect).
Free wi-fi
Good position, near old part of the City and very close to an Airport!
Shopping Mall just accros.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Secrettourista
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear guest

I am very pleased that you liked your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with my team. We all hope you will be visiting us very soon again.