“Our favoirite hotel in Tallinn”

Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia
Ranked #15 of 85 Hotels in Tallinn
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Our favoirite hotel in Tallinn”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We choose this hotel, because it is reasonably priced, conveniently located - 15 minutes walk from bus station, 10 minutes to the Old city and has breathtaking views from higher floors. Rooms are nice and cozy, simple, but with a quirky touches, breakfast is very satisfying and you can use small pool on the 26 floor with a nice view. Definitely will return.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have amazing views on sea or old town
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Eirik B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Good Day,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience on Tripadvisor. We are also happy to read that you appreciated our stay in our hotel.

We sincerely hope to host you in the near future and please follow us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming offers.

Eirik Bergvoll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Everything is Okay. Hotel is very comfortable and the staff is very kind. Room is clean and facility is good. The quality of Breakfast is good. The Distance from old town is not so far, so I can go there by foot. I will stay here again if I visit Tallin again. I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Good Day,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to rate our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I am also delighted to hear that you experienced warm and welcoming hospitality from our friendly and smiling team of employees.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tallinn in the near future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

On arriving at the hotel entrance I was 'WOWED' by the beautiful interior and modern building. This booking was made on behalf of my company, so I had no choice of where to stay but was impressed during check in. The hotel was being used by large tour groups (5-6 busses/coaches parked out the front) so was busy but ample space all around.

I went to my room on the 11th floor, very excited about the view I would have. When I walked out of the lift, I was dissapointed to see an old carpet and bright orange doors, which did not suit the downstairs decore. However being opomistic I went to my room (where the doors open into the corridor not into the room) and found laminete flooring (not what I like in a hotel room) and 2 single beds, with matresses thinner than a slice of bread.

The view was good and the TV selection was plentiful (majority of channels in foreign languages). The free wifi in the room was amazing and very fast!

I decided to take dinner in the amin dining room and was glad I chose this option. I had grilled pork steak with glazed pork belly and pasnip mash, which has to be one of the most enjoyable meals I have had in a while. It took a while to come from the kitchen but was well worth the wait.

The drinks from the bar are a little pricey but enjoyable non the less.

I did not have an enjoyable nights sleep as the bed was noisey and the sheets were noisy too, however I was so tired from my journey I just rocked back off to sleep each time I was woken.

Sadly I would suggest that another hotel is looked at before booking this one, as until the rooms are brought up to the standard of the entrance/lobby, there is only the food which is saving this hotel for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel Olümpia on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to read that you appreciate our overall interior and that the dining experience was most enjoyable. We will be sure to forward the positive review to our kitchen staff.

We apologize for the disappointment you felt with our standard room interior, but we are very happy to inform you that in October 2014 we will start renovating all our standard class rooms.

I do hope that your travels bring you back to Tallinn in the near future and we can welcome you back.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 30 June 2014

General experience is ok. Quality of rooms varies considerably (in 2014), some are rather run down others have been renovated and are just fine. Quality of view from the rooms also varies.

Personally, I was downgraded to a simpler room "because of availability" on a busy weekend. Curiously enough a couple of colleagues were upgraded pretty much simultaneously, so something was obviously wrong here. Well, things can happen, but the crew did not do a great job taking care of the issue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümia for your stay in Tallinn. I am sorry you did not like all aspects of your stay. We all hope you will still remain a loyal customer of our brand in the future.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

There are two Radissons in Tallinn, located about two blocks from each other. This one isn't as good as the other one. It is located in a renovated Soviet era apartment block and is a bit farther from the center. In fact, both Radissons are a good 15 minutes walk from the Old Town. The breakfasts are ok, and the views are good from the rooms, especially if you get one of the higher floors, since the building is over 20 stories high. The rooms themselves are a bit small though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Doug R
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at our hotel during your stay in Tallinn. I am glad you chose Radisson as your host for your stay. We do all hope you will visit us soon again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was part of our tour and it was a nice, functional hotel. The bay views from the room were great, had an excellent night's sleep and enjoyed the breakfast. The bar staff were great, helping to celebrate my wife's birthday with other tour guests. The hotel is a little bit of a walk from the old town which is the main tourist area and the wharf. It is more convenient for those requiring to be in new town.

Room Tip: Room facing the bay and old town. Higher the better
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MMthetruth
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest

I am very glad you did like your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia Tallinn. It will be my pleasure to forward your comments to my team and we all hope you will be staying with us soon again.

London
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed for three nights at this Radisson. It is within walking distance of the main town and the coast but far enough away from the bars/clubs of the Old Town. There was some late night rowdiness at 3am on our first night which went on for some time, which was disappointing, but it was eventually dealt with by staff and police. Our room on the 18th floor was a smoking room (only one available on arrival) but didn't smell of smoke and was a good size. The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was good with a wide choice of food and staff were very helpful. Free wifi and good connectivity.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn and posting your comment on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you liked your stay and will forward your comments to my team with pleasure. We all hope you will visit us soon again.