“Good hotel if you have a refurbished room”

Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia
Ranked #13 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel if you have a refurbished room”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The friendly receptionist offered us to purchase an upgrade and gladly we took it. The 15 Euros were well spent, as the refurbished room was really nice. It had a nice modern bathroom, comfortable beds, minibar, tea/coffee tray, ironing equipment and a nice view. Breakfast was very good and so was the view from the gym, though there were only a few machines. There is also a small pool and a nice sauna. They were very serious about their closing hour at 10 PM, half an hour before they started to remind you of this. You can rent a bathrobe for 2 Euros and they also sell swimming and sports gear.
Free wifi everywhere.
The walk to town takes about 15 mins, taxi ride to the ferry terminal about 10 mins in the early morning, you could walk if you had no luggage and did not mind a brisk walk.
Would go again and hopefully one day all the rooms will have been refurbished.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Eirik B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Good day,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor - your feedback is extremely important to us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our refurbished rooms ,the fitness centre and great views of Tallinn Old Town.

I am very pleased to say that we will start renovating our standard rooms from October 2014 and by the spring of next year all our standard rooms will be fully renovated.

I do hope that your travels bring you back to Tallinn in the not too distant future and that we will be able to meet and exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.

Eirik Bergvoll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kennett Square, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Good location, near to Tallinn Old Town, walking distance to many attractions. Easy travel by car or bus. Well appointed rooms, outstanding service personnel in all departments. Excellent computer system made for easy check-in, check out and room changes. Elevators extremely fast and readily available. Ample complementary breakfast included.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Good Day,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to rate our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our stay in our hotel and are pleased with our service. Getting positive feedback from our customers is always a good way that lets us know that we are getting it right on customer service side and working our best in all departments.

Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our family enjoyed the time spent in Tallinn and Radisson Olympia provided good place to stay the night. Rooms were great with great view, parking was well organised and service from personnel was kind, polite and informative.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel Olümpia on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to hear that you experienced warm and welcoming hospitality from our kind and polite team of employees.

Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is located a tad off the immediate central of the city (of both "old" and "new" centrals) but it is still very well within walking distance of all parts of the town and all sights and locations, like everything else in Tallinn. So you really do not need to worry about the location in this city.

This is mainly a conference and business style hotel, and it fits to this category well - everything works and is clean. In other words no surprises at all in either direction, standard service and standard stuff.

Olümpia hotel is already getting a bit tired and dated, and I understood that it will be closed for renovations shortly. The restaurant and lobby areas are nice but the rooms are dated with fully carpeted floors, a bit worn out furniture and old CRT televisions. However given the good rate we got for the rooms this was totally acceptable and expected even (after reading a bit of reviews here). Rooms were clean, beds comfy, and in the night rooms were quiet and temperature was fully adjustable from each room individually. So again, no surprises and totally what I was expecting.

Breakfast is the same, normal buffet selection for this type of hotel, though perhaps a bit limited compared to competition.

Free wifi, worked without problems. Pool and fitness area is free only in the morning till 11am (would have liked an evening swim but 8 euros for that is too much).

Car parking available at the back of the hotel at 10 eur per day. It's operated by a separate company so you can just drive there without going to the hotel checkin first (pay for the time you need upon arrival).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Eirik B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Good day,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is important to us.

We sincerely hope to host you in the near future and please follow us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming offers and updates.

St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We choose this hotel, because it is reasonably priced, conveniently located - 15 minutes walk from bus station, 10 minutes to the Old city and has breathtaking views from higher floors. Rooms are nice and cozy, simple, but with a quirky touches, breakfast is very satisfying and you can use small pool on the 26 floor with a nice view. Definitely will return.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have amazing views on sea or old town
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Day,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience on Tripadvisor. We are also happy to read that you appreciated our stay in our hotel.

We sincerely hope to host you in the near future and please follow us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming offers.

St. petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Everything is Okay. Hotel is very comfortable and the staff is very kind. Room is clean and facility is good. The quality of Breakfast is good. The Distance from old town is not so far, so I can go there by foot. I will stay here again if I visit Tallin again. I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Good Day,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I am also delighted to hear that you experienced warm and welcoming hospitality from our friendly and smiling team of employees.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

On arriving at the hotel entrance I was 'WOWED' by the beautiful interior and modern building. This booking was made on behalf of my company, so I had no choice of where to stay but was impressed during check in. The hotel was being used by large tour groups (5-6 busses/coaches parked out the front) so was busy but ample space all around.

I went to my room on the 11th floor, very excited about the view I would have. When I walked out of the lift, I was dissapointed to see an old carpet and bright orange doors, which did not suit the downstairs decore. However being opomistic I went to my room (where the doors open into the corridor not into the room) and found laminete flooring (not what I like in a hotel room) and 2 single beds, with matresses thinner than a slice of bread.

The view was good and the TV selection was plentiful (majority of channels in foreign languages). The free wifi in the room was amazing and very fast!

I decided to take dinner in the amin dining room and was glad I chose this option. I had grilled pork steak with glazed pork belly and pasnip mash, which has to be one of the most enjoyable meals I have had in a while. It took a while to come from the kitchen but was well worth the wait.

The drinks from the bar are a little pricey but enjoyable non the less.

I did not have an enjoyable nights sleep as the bed was noisey and the sheets were noisy too, however I was so tired from my journey I just rocked back off to sleep each time I was woken.

Sadly I would suggest that another hotel is looked at before booking this one, as until the rooms are brought up to the standard of the entrance/lobby, there is only the food which is saving this hotel for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

We are very happy to read that you appreciate our overall interior and that the dining experience was most enjoyable. We will be sure to forward the positive review to our kitchen staff.

We apologize for the disappointment you felt with our standard room interior, but we are very happy to inform you that in October 2014 we will start renovating all our standard class rooms.

I do hope that your travels bring you back to Tallinn in the near future and we can welcome you back.