Stayed 4 plus 2 nights in this nicely located smallish hotel. They have free and safe parking, the included breakfast was very good, and the location is excellent.
The hotel is just across the Vabaduse Väljak from the old town, right at the continuation of Harju Tanava. Which is good, as you can enter the old town not through the pickpocket alley Viru Tanava. There is good access to public transport, should you want to visit some more remote parts of Tallinn, Estonia or the world.
There is no air conditioning in the hotel, so if you travel during the "hot" months and are very sensitive to such things, this might not be your place. The windows can be opened, and at least in 313 that helped a lot. The site is so quiet that you can actually leave the windows open for the night.
The lobby staff was very helpful and friendly. The beds were a bit on the soft side. Room 313 was very good and had lots of windows. 412 was a bit less windowy, and had nasty noise from the elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel St. Barbara is centrally located within the walking distance of Tallinn Old Town, sightseeings and of course shopping centres. Our massive historical limestone walls conceal 53 spacious and well lit guestrooms with high ceilings and beautiful large windows. There are special rooms for people with allergies as well as those who prefer to travel with their beloved pets. Families are accommodated in very spacious family rooms which fit both extra beds for older children and baby cots. There is a mini-bar in the room at your service and wireless internet covering the entire hotel. We also have a guest computer at the reception if needed.We welcome you to our German-style restaurant, where we also have two chambers for business after-hours or private gatherings. Hotel guests can enjoy complimentary wireless internet and parking in the hotel parking area. Hotel St. Barbara is also considered to be one of the most beautiful limestone buildings in Tallinn, designed by architect Bernhard and has a very interesting history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splitty, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel St. Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotell St. Barbara Hotel Tallinn
- Hotell St Barbara Tallinn