“Receptionist @ Taanilinna Hotel”
Review of Taanilinna Hotell

Taanilinna Hotell
Ranked #30 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The reception team are second to none, going the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. Staff generally courteous and friendly. Hotel near to all the city's attractions. I definitely recommend the hotel for a short break holiday.

Room Tip: Book in older part of the hotel, nightclub opposite sometimes noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert C
TallinnHotels, Front Office Manager at Taanilinna Hotell, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your recommenation!

I am very glad that you found our service fulfilling and Taanilinna Hotel satisfactory.
We are looking forward to have you back in the future!

There are newer reviews for Taanilinna Hotell

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the rooms are warm and comfortable. The building is an old merchant's house by the city walls, which has retained its character whilst providing modern facilities. Huge beds! The Raekoja Plats (Town Hall Square) and Tallinn's many superb eating/drinking places are only a short walk way. The newer shops are also close by, as is the old market (turg).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart - Caroli... S

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for your post!

We were happy to have you here again as we will be happy to host you next time.
Thank you for pointing out the plusses, also.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Wonderful authentic Estonian hotel. Continental breakfast each morning as we expected plenty of it with a good time spread to eat. The room was spacious with a queen size bed . Great shower room with plenty hot wAter and great water pressure. No need to bring bathroom gels as we were provided with plenty. Great base near to the old town and christmas market. Staff organised us cabs to get around which were cheap and reliable. We arrived for a November break and the hotel was warm and cosy. Preparing to return in the summer to take a ferry trip to nearby Helsinki. The hotel is restful and the staff friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room which s cheap and spacious. Expect a continental breakfast and you won't b...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
TallinnHotels, Front Office Manager at Taanilinna Hotell, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Anne,

Thank you for your feedback!

It is good to hear that you were happy with your stay here at Taanilinna Hotel.
See you in summer!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We had a lovely stay at this Hotel. I emailed the hotel prior to my stay and they gave me excellent directions for getting the bus which is 1.6o Euro rather than 7 Euro for a taxi - it is so straightforward.

The Hotel is lovely - set very conveniently for all attractions - both for the new town (which we avoided) and the old Town (which we loved).

I had booked a superior room and when we got there the room we were given did not appear to be a superior (Room No 26) - so we queried this and immediately with no problem were given a far nicer room (Room 24) which was lovely and comfortable.

Each room is equipped with good TV with English Channels, hairdryer, fridge, tea making facilities - shampoo etc in the bathroom. All Good. The wifi worked exceedingly well with both Blackberry and Iphone.

The staff in the hotel could not have been nicer - each and everyone of them was so helpful and courteous - nothing was a problem and they all spoke excellent English.

The breakfast was a cold buffet which was more than adequate for setting you up for the day - we found we did not need to eat again until the evening.

Our reason for visiting Tallinn was that my grandmother came from Estonia and we wanted to experience the culture - we were not at all disappointed.

Tallinn is possibly one of the nicest places I have ever been - it is so clean and tidy and everyone is friendly. I would recomment you not only stay at this hotel but spend a good few days there - it really is very very nice and on my list of Top 10 !

Room Tip: Room 24 was a good room - they all overlook the courtyard I believe.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your suggestions!

I am sure these comments will be very helpful for nyone looking for accommodation in Tallinn. It is, of course, great to hear that you were so pleased with your stay.

Until the next time!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We enjoyed a 3 night stay in Tallinn in October 2013 staying at the Taanilinna Hotel.

We were made very welcome by the lady on reception who allowed us to check in early as our room was ready for us.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was huge and facilities included a small fridge, hairdryer and tea/coffee making equipment. The breakfast buffet was adequate although there was no hot food on offer. It was replenished regularly and there was a toaster if required.

Situation in the old town, not far from the Viru Gate, the location of the hotel was perfect and although I did hear some noise on the Friday night - loud music, loud voices coming from somewhere, it didn't really cause me any problems as I was soon off to sleep.

The hotel was clean, comfortable and in a great location and we thought it was very good value for money. I would certainly stay there again and I would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone considering staying there.

Room Tip: There is no lift so anyone with mobility problems might like to request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TallinnHotels, Front Office Manager at Taanilinna Hotell, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Linda,

Thank you very much for this comprehensive feedback!

I am absolutely convinced that this will be a great tip for other future visitors of Tallinn.
At the same time, I would be more than happy to have you back here at Taanilinna Hotel, again!

Until then, I wish you all the best!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Taanilinna Hotel in Tallinn, Estonia. We found the room to be comfortable and quite spacious and the service at the hotel to be very good. The staff was very helpful with restaurant suggestions and directions. Breakfast came with the room and was adequate for our needs. The hotel is conveniently located in the Old Town, which made walking to all of the Old Town sites pretty simple and straightforward.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear irawine,

Thank you for giving us your opinion!
I am sure your tips and suggestions will be very helpful to other Tripadvisor users, too.

We will keep up the good work, of course, until your next visit!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

The hotel is clean and stylish. Bedrooms are a good size, comfortable and quiet. The location of the hotel on the edge of the old city by the old city wall is perfect. Lots of restaurants are within a few minutes walk as are the sights and shops.

I would stay again if I return to Tallinn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jay,

Thank you very much for posting!

I am glad to see that you were pleased with your stay and I think that this gives us all the more reason to look forward to host you again!

Until the next time,